MILLER: The illogic of Dianne Feinstein’s ‘assault weapons’ ban

This is a discussion on MILLER: The illogic of Dianne Feinstein’s ‘assault weapons’ ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; MILLER: The illogic of Dianne Feinstein’s ‘assault weapons’ ban By Emily Miller - The Washington Times, March 14, 2013, 11:18AM The Senate Judiciary Committee passed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: MILLER: The illogic of Dianne Feinstein’s ‘assault weapons’ ban

By Emily Miller - The Washington Times, March 14, 2013, 11:18AM

The Senate Judiciary Committee passed Thursday Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s “assault weapons” ban by a straight party-line vote, despite Republican efforts to point out the obvious holes in the legislation.

The California Democrat’s bill — which prohibits 157 specific firearms, those with a single cosmetic feature she thinks is scary looking and standard magazines that have over 10 rounds — applies to all Americans except current and retired law enforcement officers. She believes this one class is able to use the firearms for self defense.

Read more: MILLER: The illogic of Dianne Feinstein?s ?assault weapons? ban - Washington Times

Feinstein wants to allow active & retired law enforcement (but not Judges or Prosecutors) to have the "banned Guns" but not active & retired Military because they might have PTSD. What kind of logic is that?

She may have been in the Senate 20 years, but it is waaaaaay past time for her to go.

Other Miller Pro 2A articles linked from the above article.

PS - Here is a link to another article that has her speech to the VCDL last week.
    Watch here: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...tizens-defens/
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

2. Remove Ads

This bill she is pushing for wont pass the floor due to the fact that its GOP majority. I doubt anything from this will push through. She's even admitted that she's gonna have a rough time getting this to pass
    SmokinFool likes this.

i do not like that woman at all.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Distinguished Member
    She is a communist. They want to conquer this country from the inside.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

She's been waiting for the "right time" to introduce this legislation, ever since her original AWB expired in 2004. She obviously feels this is her "right time." If the bill doesn't pass after such a huge tragedy as Newtown, she probably feels she may not get another chance.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    It's a good thing that was written by Emily Miller. When I first read the headline, I thought it was going to be by Dennis Miller. Whew!!

Fienstein is an idiot. A dangerous idiot with a soapbox, but an idiot nonetheless.
    NONAME762 and msgt/ret like this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

It's far past time for Feinswine to retire.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Crook

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Fxxx her and the rest of the congress hypocrites that have armed bodyguards with guns that have more that 10 shots per mag when the sXXX hits the fan.. look at the Regan videos when he was shot. The Hell with the Crooks in Washington...Let FREEDOM RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post

I tried my friend.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member
    She likes to push a prohibition and play god of exemption to the prohibition. She's in with officers of the law - her familiars. Officers of the court or military are not. She's a piece of work. No, she doesn't get my vote.
    Doghandler likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

If you look up the word 'MORON' in Wikipedia, I think you just might see a picture of Mrs. Feinstein next to the definition.........

And she claims to be reasonably well educated...
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Anyone ever heard her, or any of these other anti-gunner politicians, explain their understanding of "shall not be infringed" in public, without resorting to the explanations of others (ie, SCOTUS's attempts)?

It would be nice to find at least one cogent, intelligent explanation ... even if it happened to be merely incorrect. I'd like to hear something from them that isn't wholly insupportable as rationale. "Because SCOTUS didn't say we couldn't," IMO, doesn't cut it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That kind of exemption is exactly why private businesses should refuse to serve LEO's - even if you buy into the foolishness of LEO's needing special weapons, retired LEO's no longer have any reason to have weapons banned for other civi's; just goes to show it is simply pandering to a specific group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    That kind of exemption is exactly why private businesses should refuse to serve LEO's - even if you buy into the foolishness of LEO's needing special weapons, retired LEO's no longer have any reason to have weapons banned for other civi's; just goes to show it is simply pandering to a specific group of people.
    ... and, it seems to me, ignoring the constitutional requirement of equal protection under the law.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links