Police "a target" for gun thieves.

This is a discussion on Police "a target" for gun thieves. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Police 'a target' for gun thieves Unintended consequence of limiting civilian gun ownership. Criminals will always find a way. But when the rest of us ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Police "a target" for gun thieves.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Police 'a target' for gun thieves

Unintended consequence of limiting civilian gun ownership. Criminals will always find a way. But when the rest of us are disramed, we will be unable to defend ourselves.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Interesting, the thief stole a "semi-automatic rifle" from the trunk of an unmarked police car. Wanna bet that if the car was civillian rather than LEO, it would have been an 'assault weapon' that was lifted.

Distinguished Member
    Yep.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Three perps carjacked a guy here in Memphis. The police were arresting them when one of them got away, stole the police cruiser, wrecked and burned it and stole the shotgun out of the car.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    Interesting, the thief stole a "semi-automatic rifle" from the trunk of an unmarked police car. Wanna bet that if the car was civillian rather than LEO, it would have been an 'assault weapon' that was lifted.
    It was some 2 or 3 years ago in Seattle WA thieves managed to abscond with an assault rifle and handgun from the then Chief of Seattle's Police Dept from an unsecured cruiser. Apparently the Police Chief saw no reason to lock his vehicle. I ALWAYS LOCK my truck before walking away from it. Unfortunately apparently the then chief of police didn't have the common sense of a paper clip. One might surmise the "rank and file" officers weren't all a bunch of Elmer Fudd's as their chief is (or was).
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I think we need more laws to stop this kind of crime, what in the world in the California legislator doing...
    commonground likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I think we need more laws to stop this kind of crime, what in the world in the California legislator doing...
    I believe the best the Cal Leg's could do for the right thinking people is for all of them to leave California and Never Come Back. Then the Pro 2A folks could rework the 2A For The People.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I think we will see a rise in crime targeting LEOs in NY, too. Criminals know that most law abiding citizens in NY will comply with the new laws, so they (the criminals) will have to steal guns from LEOs to get "the good stuff."
    Lightweb likes this.

Here , it was one of the FBI agents that left a handgun and an AR in his car trunk, in front of his house. Gone ..... stolen. ooooops.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The ATF in Milwaukee Wisconsin had a machine gun stolen from one of their vehicles...........

It's no surprise that criminals will be stealing weapons from law enforcement since they have a fine collection.....
    commonground likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

...not scheduled to happen during my lifetime...

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Police 'a target' for gun thieves

Unintended consequence of limiting civilian gun ownership. Criminals will always find a way. But when the rest of us are disramed, we will be unable to defend ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    The ATF in Milwaukee Wisconsin had a machine gun stolen from one of their vehicles...........

It's no surprise that criminals will be stealing weapons from law enforcement since they have a fine collection.....
    "Machine Gun"? Isn't that one of those 'Assault Weapon' things they've been talking about in the news recently?
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I believe the best the Cal Leg's could do for the right thinking people is for all of them to leave California and Never Come Back. Then the Pro 2A folks could rework the 2A For The People.
    The problem with that is, no other state wants them!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Unprotected and indefensible targets will always been seen as potential targets of opportunity. Doesn't matter where such folks happen to earn their paycheck, where folks hang out, what errands they run, where they live, ...

In a spot where criminals believe it's worth a shot at taking advantage of an extremely low likelihood of getting caught combined with a solid payoff, we get such crimes. The only real way to erase such things is to either (a) dramatically raise the likelihood of getting caught/stopped (even if it turns out to be permanently) and/or dramatically reduce the likelihood of a payoff. One would think any legislation or change in procedure/tactics/resources would take such things into account, instead of being politically skewed to within an inch of lunacy like altogether too many things are.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    NO NO NO! At least not unless they are leaving the country. We sure don't want them in our part of the country.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links