Ohio getting it right

This is a discussion on Ohio getting it right within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sb36 has been introduced to prohibit firearm seizure, forced registration, or bans. Ohio Bill Prohibits Firearm Seizure, Forced Registration & Potential Ban : Freedom Outpost ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ohio getting it right

Ohio getting it right

Sb36 has been introduced to prohibit firearm seizure, forced registration, or bans.

Ohio Bill Prohibits Firearm Seizure, Forced Registration & Potential Ban : Freedom Outpost

I think the best quote from Senator Jordan who introduced the bill was this

"Senator Jordan, in responding to the 1995 interview on 60 minutes with Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), said, “These law abiding Ohioans are not the ones to be scared of, rather it is the politicians who say it is their goal to disarm “Mr. and Mrs. America” that we should fear.”
    SmokinFool likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Ohio getting it right

From what I read, I would raise my eyebrows a bit, if the guvnor signed said bill.

That said, and regardless of the consequences, and legality of such state uprisings, I support these state bills, and believe they send a message, and a good one.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Go Ohio!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Senator Jordan is appearing at the local Republican Party HQ Monday night to talk about the bill. I plan on attending.
    640girl and Lightweb like this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

VIP Member
    Almost sounds like the good Govenor may be waffling a triffle.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member
    That's my state...now if they could only get the "right to work" issue passed!
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

If enough states pass legislation like this, maybe the flake libtards like Feinstein and "Bloomnuts" will get the message! We don't need Washington and we certainly don't need a nanny NY mayor telling us how to live our lives or what is "good" for us!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Almost sounds like the good Govenor may be waffling a triffle.
    he is known to do that at times, i heard somewhere today he is considering throwing his hat in the presidential ring in a few years so.... not sure he should waffle to hard

Quote Originally Posted by Lightweb View Post
    Sb36 has been introduced to prohibit firearm seizure, forced registration, or bans.

Ohio Bill Prohibits Firearm Seizure, Forced Registration & Potential Ban : Freedom Outpost

I think the best quote from Senator Jordan who introduced the bill was this

"Senator Jordan, in responding to the 1995 interview on 60 minutes with Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), said, “These law abiding Ohioans are not the ones to be scared of, rather it is the politicians who say it is their goal to disarm “Mr. and Mrs. America” that we should fear.”
    Its about time

Same in Kansas. Going well.

Also bills on :
    * if shoot a gun in self-defense the person cannot be charged with a local / city ordinance against discharging a weapon in the city limits.
    * Bill that would approve college campus carry .... it's legal now, but a college can prohibit a "student" from carrying or be expelled, which they would not then be able to do.
    * Bill that would make it so that carry is allowed even in any public building, unless they have metal detectors, etc. assuring that NO person inside will have a gun (includes Courts, State Office Bldgs, etc).
    * Bill that any gun made in Kansas, bought and kept in Kansas , wouldn't be subject to Federal laws
    * Even if a school "posts" their building prohibiting Conceal carry and have detectors, etc...... they can legally allow teachers to conceal carry in the schools if the have CC licenses.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Way to go Ohio!

I second that. Way to go OHIO!!!
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I second that. Way to go OHIO!!!
    Hey a good pretenders song. Now if we can get the big O to recognize Indiana permits it'll all be good.
    srings and Lightweb like this.

VIP Member
    Tell you all what... Since I am going to see this guy tomorrow night, and since these events are generally poorly-attended, I should have plenty of opportunity to ask questions. If you have anything you would like me to run by him, let me know. Noname, reciprocity with other states will be the first thing I ask him about, particularly with Indiana and Pennsylvania. Another will be gunbuster signs and criminal protection zones. Anyone else?
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Way to go Ohio!
    Sounds like a quote from "Red October"
    lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links