WV State Senator Threatened Over Gun Law Proposal

This is a discussion on WV State Senator Threatened Over Gun Law Proposal within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sometimes I wonder what motivates people to do things like this. We all know who our gun UN-friendly lawmakers are but to go and do ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By noway2
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By Tzadik
  • 1 Post By StevePVB

Thread: WV State Senator Threatened Over Gun Law Proposal

Angry WV State Senator Threatened Over Gun Law Proposal

Sometimes I wonder what motivates people to do things like this. We all know who our gun UN-friendly lawmakers are but to go and do something as stupid as this doesn't hold well with people. It just backs up their reasonings to make restrictive gun laws.

If a few of these nut cases actually would get caught, that would be fine with me. It's one thing to be a supporter of 2A and all gun rights but to threaten someone with harm is not how it should be. It undermines our effort to keep our rights.

State Senator Threatened Over Gun Bills - WSAZ.com - Severe Weather and Breaking News Coverage in West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

We can't assume that these are the actions of pro-2A people. The antis could be doing this as a means to further their agenda too. Especially since they are getting frustrated that their recent push for bans and restrictions is failing.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    We can't assume that these are the actions of pro-2A people. The antis could be doing this as a means to further their agenda too. Especially since they are getting frustrated that their recent push for bans and restrictions is failing.
    I had considered that. Really, nothing surprises me out of Anti Gun people but I hesitated to mention it. Don't want to sound all conspiracy theorist and such.
    commonground likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Just about every legislator gets threatening phone calls and letters about just about every issue.

There are wakos for every position.

I agree with the op that it is counterproductive to what ever cause you say you support, but really this is a non-story.
    Hopyard likes this.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. They will do anything for the king and his court.
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    This is very possible since the article says the guy is a NRA member and he said there are no anti gun legislation in the state presently. The current bill he says is to prevent cities and local gov. from making there own gun laws.

"This session, Snyder says there have been no bills considered anti-gun and says the threats probably stem from the heated national gun debate."
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

If you aren't sure whether an anti-2A might do something like this consider this: Fast and Furious
    Bmoliv66 likes this.

Re: WV State Senator Threatened Over Gun Law Proposal

You also can't rule out the next Uncle Ted wannabe. He almost never makes our side look good. Normally half way through listening to one of his rants I start thinking someone should do a mental check on him.

VIP Member
    Senator Snyder has been a target for some gun activists and he leads the committee tweaking and working on a gun bill that would stop any city or county from controlling guns.
    The Antis must be getting desperate.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I would put nothing against the anti gun representatives or the anti gun groups. As we all know they have and will continue to use any and every dirty tactic available. This could just be another.
    Question: What peaceful means will we have to overturn any weapons ban if they are approved at the state and federal levels. Any repeal process could take years.

It is quite evident that our government is preparing for some type of action by the masses based on the recent executive orders by Obama and the equipment being purchased by Homeland Security. Are we prepared to become "Subjects" are we prepared to defend our Constitutional Rights.

I do believe that in the very near future we will have to exercise our rights as stated by Abraham Lincoln and to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Today's alert from WVCDL mentioned this incident. Assuming the threats came from a gun rights proponent, they are asking for cooler heads to prevail. They want us to continue contacting our state senators to give our opinions, keeping it civil. They also said that some senate offices are saying that they are receiving roughly an equal number calls both for and against the bill currently being considered (HB2760). HB2760 is a state preemption bill which will negate the anti gun legislation that is currently in place in a few municipalities in WV.

Sponsored Links