The UN Arms Treaty is Back

This is a discussion on The UN Arms Treaty is Back within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; These people will not back down. This legislation must be defeated! UN reopens talks on NRA-opposed arms trade treaty | Fox News...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: The UN Arms Treaty is Back

Distinguished Member

The UN Arms Treaty is Back

These people will not back down. This legislation must be defeated!

UN reopens talks on NRA-opposed arms trade treaty | Fox News

2. Remove Ads

We are living in troubled times......IMO.

Distinguished Member
    Signing over authority to regulate firearms to an international body that includes equal votes from players like Iran, Egypt, Pakistan and Cuba is nothing short of insanity. The current administration can spin this any way it wants - this is evil plain and simple.

Is it that time of the year again?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

...don't let the camel get his head in the tent...

Sent notes to both Senator's on this to vote NO... not sure how much good it will dol
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Gerry
    Ft Collins

My prediction is same as last time:
    1. Folks will get their panties in a wad without even seeing the proposed treaty
    2. GUn orgs will fester and pester folks saying the end is near and they need more money to lobby our senators (which last time most said they would not vote for the treaty anyway, that was before the big rush on money)
    3. Countries will bicker and countries like Iran, Syria, China, and Russia will not want the treaty either (which means there would be no treaty since the US wants consenus on the wording and approval)
    4. Their will be 20 pages of people reciting and requoting decisions about if a treaty trumps the constitution and why and why not.
    5. Nearing the end folks will be doing another gun and ammo buy
    6. The the treaty will never get out of the UN and if it does it will not pass the Senate
    7. Gun orgs will claim victory, even though well before a majofity of Senators will already state they are opposed to it. And if it never gets out of the UN I highly doubt, like last time, that the UN gives a hoot about what US gun organizations say.

I did not mention all of the Blue helmet conspiracies.....
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Th UN Treaty could be worse than Feinstiens AWB, because it would seek to control and/or ban all small arms.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    1. Folks will get their panties in a wad without even seeing the proposed treaty
    2. GUn orgs will fester and pester folks saying the end is near and they need more money to lobby our senators (which last time most said they would not vote for the treaty anyway, that was before the big rush on money)
    3. Countries will bicker and countries like Iran, Syria, China, and Russia will not want the treaty either (which means there would be no treaty since the US wants consenus on the wording and approval)
    4. Their will be 20 pages of people reciting and requoting decisions about if a treaty trumps the constitution and why and why not.
    6. The the treaty will never get out of the UN and if it does it will not pass the Senate
    7. Gun orgs will claim victory, even though well before a majofity of Senators will already state they are opposed to it. And if it never gets out of the UN I highly doubt, like last time, that the UN gives a hoot about what US gun organizations say.

I see your point, but don't find it a reason to become complacent.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post

It is when we become complacent and assume that someone else will do the work for us that we will lose. I have noted through a number of other threads that progressives will keep bringing up an issue until people either fall asleep or finally agree to a 'compromise'.

And as for Russia and China, I think they will be all over it. They know that we will actually honor something we sign. They will push for it knowing they have no intention of actually following the rules. It gives them an opportunity to continue systematically chipping away at our will.

Don't fall asleep and assume it will be OK because they couldn't possibly pass something like this.
    ccw9mm, SpringerXD and WHEC724 like this.

People can complain all day about gun lobbyists using this as a means to collect revenue, but no one is forcing you to give them your money. Keep in mind, those are the same lobbyists fighting to keep our rights secure in this country. I'm sure you have noticed their efforts in the past several months. Also, the current administration will use this treaty as a tool to further their agenda on the need for "common sense gun restrictions" in this country. They will try to pass more federal legislation, and they will urge the states to pass their own legislation.

Also, there is the principle that our "country" is supporting this treaty along with the other nutjob dictators that have filled seats in the UN - and goes against everything that our constitution is supposed to protect. It sickens me.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    We are living in troubled times......IMO.
    Nah, we live in "interesting times." Now just read what the lobbyist for Amnesty International says about guns:

New talks about an old subject – international gun control – begin today at the United Nations in New York, and sure to be involved at some point is the Bellevue-based International Association for the Protection of Civilian Arms Rights (IAPCAR)…

U.N. global gun control effort begins anew - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

GUYS, I have a small request. I'm doing a little experiment with numbers and would ask that anybody who goes in and reads my column to click the "like" button. Many thx
    oakchas likes this.

The draft treaty under consideration does not control the domestic use of weapons in any country, but it would prohibit states that ratify the treaty from transferring conventional weapons if they would violate arms embargoes or if they would promote acts of genocide, crimes against humanity or war crimes.

If this passes, would it mean that Mr. Holder wouldn't be able to sell guns to Mexican drug lords?
    Mmmm, I kind of thought that his actions were already illegal.
    Snub44 and Darrow75 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Obama requires the approval by the congress for all treaties. I read a summary of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) by the Heritage Group and they are against the agreement. In short the ATT makes no mention of arms control within the US, only import and export. Bottom line, if approved there will be a dramatic increase in the import fees.

I hate to say this but the ATT, if approved, would drive the prices up for all imported firearms and that could be a windfall for the US weapons manufacturers. On the other hand America is one of the largest exporters of weapons world wide and the treaty could possibly place limits on the type and amount of those exports. A reduction in demand equals a reduction in revenues and the workforce.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

This is how the book was written. Take a subject any one you choose and I can show you the steps taken to control that subject. In our case when does it quit being fun?? The left will take a third of our ranks and turn them to another sport or passtime. When you open gun blogs and they are nothing but doom and Gloom from start to fisnish. The left then takes the two thirds that are left and they start regulation combined with taxation. This will take another group out of the sport and make them take up something else. Then the final mark of the liberal teach the children your parents are bad people if they own guns.

Look at smoking the exact same campaign. Look at drugs the same campaign although this one is not working and they can't figure why look a prohibition libs give you an idea. The pursuit of intoxication is as old as man chewing on plant buds and mushrooms. Look at DUI check points and the list goes on and on.

The one part of the equation i don't understand and most others don't appear to. Once in a while something will stick in the American peoples throat and they refuse to drink the coolaid. I have watched in amazements on things the people choose to hold a line on. Prop 13 in California is a great example people said no and pushed the taxers out of the box completely. Gun ownership may turn out to be the same where people have had enough time will tell.

The bright side of this last year is I bet there are several very bright people working on laser targeting systems that will allow you to practice in the garage or the office with very realistic results. I could see simulation ranges and killing houses springing up they could engulf us in video and let us shoot simunitions that don't require all the permitting process and still allow us to train and stay in the game.

Think about OSHA and what would happen if there were products in the US that produce harmful hearing loss and there is a way to muffle that sound they would have laws against shooting without one of those mufflers on a gun but no a silencer is evil.

We will win this in the long run but the fight is long and very un-fun.
    tired of doom and gloom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links