The Greatest Killer Ever...

This is a discussion on The Greatest Killer Ever... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This video is not only a sad commentary on the history of governments killing their own, but a precursor to what we may face. It's ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Tangochuck
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By mulle46
  • 1 Post By SmokinFool

Thread: The Greatest Killer Ever...

The Greatest Killer Ever...

This video is not only a sad commentary on the history of governments killing their own, but a precursor to what we may face. It's 2 minutes and 16 seconds long:

Gun Control Works - YouTube

Pistology and tony1990 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Hmmmmm.............

Forwarded!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

Re: The Greatest Killer Ever...

Well done! Wish Alex Weren't in it, but otherwise, well done.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Sent both of my congressmen emails Friday.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

That was, in a way, a very disturbing video. Disturbing in a good way (if there is a "good way" to be disturbed). I love my country. I don't want to see what was founded as a home of liberty and freedom become anything remotely like the totalitarian governments mentioned in the video. Hopefully people will take this to heart and not just dismiss it as "right-wing gun-nut propaganda," because if we continue to go down the path we are currently on, I am very afraid we will end up the same as those mentioned.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    What is interesting that statistically, the greatest killer in recent times is malaria, and the banning of DDT has resulted in its resurgence and tens of millions of victims.A good video, thanks for posting.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Administrator
    "and the banning of DDT has resulted in its resurgence and tens of millions of victims."

And who banned the DDT....HINT: The.....~ Begins with a "G" and ends with a "T"
    sebring likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

The greatest killer ever: prey incapable of defending against predators. No doubt about it.

"Gordon Gecko" was wrong (from the film, Wall Street). Greed might well have been what has marked the upward surge of Man, but I think it's fair to say that it has been the ability to protect oneself and one's family that started it all and has kept it going. Couldn't get off the ground without that. And potential prey can't survive predators very well without that. Stripped of that, Man is juts another prey animal ... of other animals, felons, or vindictive enslaving government hirelings.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I think it is a bit simplistic, the problem is not government, it is government without the consent of the governed and in violation of their natural rights. I agree with the sentiment that government functionaries need to be regularly reminded of the limits of their power

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    I think it is a bit simplistic, the problem is not government, it is government without the consent of the governed and in violation of their natural rights. I agree with the sentiment that government functionaries need to be regularly reminded of the limits of their power
    History has shown that any government, no matter how magnanimous its beginnings, soon devolves if not kept in check by its citizens.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Love the parody of the Hollywood hypocrites demanding a plan, to this video.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Love the parody of the Hollywood hypocrites demanding a plan, to this video.
    That wasn't lost on me either.
    mulle46 likes this.

Links