Even the cops don't follow Biden's advice.

This is a discussion on Even the cops don't follow Biden's advice. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Was getting a haircut today and the fellow next to me was an LEO. Someone mentioned Biden's suggestion for self-defense (firing to shots into the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Even the cops don't follow Biden's advice.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Even the cops don't follow Biden's advice.

Was getting a haircut today and the fellow next to me was an LEO. Someone mentioned Biden's suggestion for self-defense (firing to shots into the air) and the cop said he's arresting anyone who does that (We're inside city limits, by the way) for discharging a firearm in public. He futher explained that you can legally discharge a firearm on your private property, but unless you can show him proof the bullets/pellets stayed on your property, he's cuffing you.

I shot a bullet into the air, where it landed I know not where." Click-click. I couldn't disagree with that logic. Maybe he needs to talk with the VP.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

The first problem is firing two rounds in the air from a double barrel shotgun leaves you with an empty shotgun. The second problem is it will get you arrested where I live.

It is really amazing that a man who is so well educated and accomplished in life says some of the stupid things that Joe Joe does. I live in an urban area, if you fired any weapon into the air you would be virtually guaranteed to hit something or someone. Then the police would come and you would be arrested for at best Deadly Conduct (felony). A guy in Virginia a couple of weeks ago took Joe's advice when he thought his house was being broken into, he fired twice through the door. Turns out it was his neighbor coming to ask him a question. They arrested the guy for unlawful discharge of a firearm.
    niks likes this.

"Shotgun" Joe has a bad habit of engaging mouth before engaging brain! He has done it numberous times. You'd think he'd learn.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Not sure I agree with his logic

I think he would need to prove it DIDNT stay on your property, not the other way around. Also, I would much rather see said rounds fly towards a threat than at some poor fruit bat who's just trying to help keep the mosquito population in check.

I guess if you want to get around his logic, just keep a bunch of lead shot in your pockets. "Here it is!"

I tend to think if you follow our VP's advise on most things you're either naive or have rocks in your head. But then what do i know....he's paid the big bucks and receives all them nice perks we'll never get.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

I have come to regard Uncle Joe's illogical thoughts as ignorant N.D's.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    So much for innocent until proven guilty. This would be the other way around.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't know. I imagine a "reasonable person" would conclude that a "shot fired into the air" on the typical 85x125' lots here most likely didn't remain on the property without some evidence of a backstop or pit.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    The first problem is firing two rounds in the air from a double barrel shotgun leaves you with an empty shotgun. The second problem is it will get you arrested where I live.
    The third problem is having 16-20 .33cal projectiles impacting God-knows-where...

I think Joe would do well to take a page from Obama's playbook, and stick to reading from teleprompters and cue cards. Actually, on second thought, keep 'em comin', Joe! You're being very helpful to our side!

The more stupid people that Biden can get to shoot in the air and thru doors the more ammo the anti's will have against us. Sometimes it's the stupid sounding people that you have to be more afraid of, everybody just fluffs them off.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Back in the day when I was a young green Private on my first rotation to Afghanistan, my Platoon Sergeant explained to me what a warning shot was. He said "You shoot the front bad guy in the face, and that is a warning to the rest of them."
    pittypat21 and TrevX like this.

mkh
    I read somewhere that the cops can't arrest you for that if you tell them that Uncle Joe said to do that.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
    I tend to think if you follow our VP's advise on most things you're either naive or have rocks in your head.
    We don't have a good track record of shotgun advice from any recent VP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links