NEW Asault Rifle Caliber

This is a discussion on NEW Asault Rifle Caliber within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just a mere 10 minutes ago on NBC Nightly News (Monday 3/18/13) I learned of a new Assault Weapon...The .22 Mag caliber assault rifle. Yes, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: NEW Asault Rifle Caliber

NEW Asault Rifle Caliber

Just a mere 10 minutes ago on NBC Nightly News (Monday 3/18/13) I learned of a new Assault Weapon...The .22 Mag caliber assault rifle.

Yes, the crazy kid down at Central Florida University that was supposedly plotting to kill, but ended up eating a .45 after being faced with the fact that the police were on their way up to his dorm room. The TOP LE Officer at a press conference stated that the kid had a ".22 Mag caliber assault rifle."

MY God. Do ANY of these anti's know ANYTHING about guns? Or has EVERYTHING become an assault rifle?

The picture they showed looked like one of the GSG rimfires made to look like a HK, complete with fake 'can.'
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

2. Remove Ads

The media dosent know jack squat about any firearm. There just spoon fed info and they believe anything thats put in front of them. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    The media dosent know jack squat about any firearm. There just spoon fed info and they believe anything thats put in front of them. Just my opinion.
    True. But I guess what really got me was that the TOP LE at a press conference called it a ".22 Mag caliber assault rifle."
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Re: NEW Asault Rifle Caliber

I watched this also......the news commentator called it an "assault rifle" the police dept. spokesman called it a "tactical rifle".....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Commonwealth of Virginia CCW
    SA XD .45 ACP 4" Service Model - Black
    Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
    Remington 798 .243 w/Leupold Scope
    Benelli M1 Tactical Special 12ga 18.5" open sight w/Muzzle Brake
    Mossberg - Maverick 88 12ga 18.5"

Quote Originally Posted by crossfireltd View Post
    I watched this also......the news commentator called it an "assault rifle" the police dept. spokesman called it a "tactical rifle".....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Ok. Guess I goofed. But 'tactical rifle?"
    SOLD my guns.

Well, CBS News just called Adam Lanza's mom a straw buyer, since she bought Adam firearms for his birthday, allegedly.

So no, they know nothing whatsoever, or just carry on perpetuatign what the politicians are saying, I think its both. either way, its a particularly industrious form of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    I learned of a new Assault Weapon...The .22 Mag caliber assault rifle.

MY God. Do ANY of these anti's know ANYTHING about guns? Or has EVERYTHING become an assault rifle?
    If it can leverage the fear to good political effect, it'll be a tasty treat too good not to eat.

But in many cases, I'd agree with those who suggest that many in media simply blindly parrot the spoon-fed hype of the day, without much thought.

And, in the case of firearms, hunting and related areas, fewer and fewer of the "younger" citizens have the first flippin' clue about them as practical tools, as they simply weren't raised with them. We're reaping the "rewards" of that negligence, of the flight to the cities that accelerated ~70yrs ago and more.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    But the truth of the matter is that there is a lot more crazy people out in the population ready to carry out mass murder. What can be done To stop or slow it down. A lot more innocent people are going to die and that's the truth. Only thing I know to do is arm all sane law abiding people. Then u might have more accidental deaths in the country then people killed from the mass murders and some people u just don't know when they might go off the deep end.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    But the truth of the matter is that there is a lot more crazy people out in the population ready to carry out mass murder. What can be done To stop or slow it down.
    Find them. Segregate them before they act, catch them in the act of preparing/planning, or catch them in the act of the attack.

Only thing I know to do is arm all sane law abiding people.
    Yup. That, and hardening facilities, though that won't alter the vulnerability of softer venues.

For individuals who get targeted, it'll certainly be about the only thing on the instant of attack that's going to help a given individual who's there. Protectors who are somewhere over that-a-way aren't present, on the instant.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Saw it too, is the GSG even made in .22 magnum? Before they showed him holding up the pic of the GSG my thought immediately went to the Kel Tec PMR-30, especially ones with the shoulder stock attached. A 30 round standard capacity weapon of any type, especially one with the uber scary word "magnum" associated with it makes paranoid antis crap themselves and opportunistic antis have another physiological effect that I cannot detail here for decency reasons.

I'm really not at all convinced that this guy was plotting a VA Tech style rampage, they said he had 4 "IEDs", that term can mean anything from an ANFO laden pickup truck to a dry ice bomb. I think that at worst he may have intended a limited revenge attack against a person or persons that he felt "wronged" him, after which he would pop himself per the standard despondent young white male shooter playbook.

I used to respect Brian Williams and NBC News a lot, that fades by the day for this and many other reasons not even related to guns. There is a reason why they are third in the ratings for network news and NBC as a whole is at times as low as 5th in the ratings at various slots in prime time.

OMG!!! A MAGNUM!!!

I've heard that those can knock the engine block right out of a CAT bulldozer!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The fallacy in all of this is in ever assuming that the media is going to learn the facts, and get to the truth, before they report things.
    SmokinFool and GoPackman like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

mkh
    Lots of cops don't know guns.

I was watching an episode of Bordertown: Laredo on A&E yesterday and they confiscated a gun and a box of bullets. The officer referred to the box of S&W white box .40 JHP as " military grade ammo".

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    They know, they just want to make it look as bad as they can to the low information public.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Good luck finding .22 anything.....oh wait....I can't find it NOW!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links