On Huffington Post too

On Huffington Post too

This is a discussion on On Huffington Post too within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was curious, so I checked out Huffington Post and I found this. Obama's Gun Reform Package Loses One Major Provision, Another In Danger If ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By xsigma40cal
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 2 Post By Ghost1958
  • 3 Post By John Luttrel
  • 1 Post By Crowman
  • 3 Post By Hoplyte
  • 1 Post By ksholder
  • 1 Post By tele_pathic

Thread: On Huffington Post too

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar

Thumbs up On Huffington Post too

I was curious, so I checked out Huffington Post and I found this.

Obama's Gun Reform Package Loses One Major Provision, Another In Danger

If you catch this early enough, it will be on the home page with an AR15 picture with the words "Magazine Limits set to go up in Flames." in big, bold letters.

Take a moment to savor this, Keep fighting. Keep donating to the alphabet rifle associations (coz theyre actually doing something right).

The left realizes they are losing, make sure they get the message loud and clear.

Mod's if you wanna edit the title, go ahead, I thought I could get a dancing banana in there.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Good news, if it turns out to be true.

Time to set it all on fire and have a barbeque. Every provision.

Hey, that's a good idea. Print out S.150 and all the rest, as they're each toast, then light a match.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

sometimes i get hopeful that the antis wont be able to pass anything at all. I know thats sort of looking down the rabbit hole hoping Alice is grown up and sunbathing in a bikini but we all have our less lucid moments I guess
    SmokinFool and Bummer like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Definitely good news. I'm surprised to see somewhat neutral reporting by HP. Now, we need to keep up our vigilance. The AWB will most certainly be added as an amendment to one of the other bills.

I hate to admit it, but it does my heart good to watch Feinstein squirm like a worm on a hot plate.
    rutcrazed, NONAME762 and JoJoGunn like this.
    John Luttrell

While this is mildly good news it is not a call for dancing in the streets that "we won"....... This is by no means over until it actually is over............

Now is the time for us to turn up the heat...........
    SmokinFool likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    sometimes i get hopeful that the antis wont be able to pass anything at all. I know thats sort of looking down the rabbit hole hoping Alice is grown up and sunbathing in a bikini but we all have our less lucid moments I guess

No idea what thats supposed to mean, but I like where your head is at.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

No time to rest on our laurels, keep up the pressure. Freedom requires vigilance as due payment.
    RichB70, SmokinFool and ccw9mm like this.

Distinguished Member
    The ONLY provision I would consider supporting is the stiffer penalties straw purchases and smuggling.

But only if they apply to Mayor Bloomberg's straw purchasers and BATFE's smugglers as well as the rest of us...

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    While this is mildly good news it is not a call for dancing in the streets that "we won"....... This is by no means over until it actually is over............
    Sadly, this will never be over until the antis win. They will never give up. The US is the last bastion of actual gun rights in the civilized world, and they've been chip chip chipping away at it for the last century.

It's funny when an anti goes "It's not a slippery slope!" then you point out the new laws over the last 90 years... and they refuse to admit that it's being eroded. Slowly, but eroded nonetheless.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    I hate to admit it, but it does my heart good to watch Feinstein squirm like a worm on a hot plate.
    Why would you hate to admit that? It's kinda like pouring salt on a slug - fun to watch.

If you throw water on her will she yell "I'm melting"? She is from the west.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    To each his or her own I guess, but when someone like her gets their oppressive will shoved back in their face, I'm happier than a pig in pooh. Her cookie cutter approach to gun control illustrates just how much of a laaooser she and those like her really are. Take her and them outta their nice a safe neighborhoods, and take away all their security that's provided by the American tax payer and I dear say they'd be singing a different tune.

Sorry for the rant, but I try not to hate on Americans, but IMO anyone that tries to destroy our American way of life and attacks our Constitution like that clown has and does, is not an American in my book, therefor worthy of my disdain.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Like all good Liberal Anti's, those "people" will not cease in their efforts to rid the good citizens of their right to have firearms. It may appear as a defeat, but let's not go out to the range and shoot targets in a celebratory manner just yet. These people never stop, and no doubt will find some other avenue towards gun bans.

We may have a small victory over them, but we need to keep applying pressure towards our "elected" officials by letting them know we support 2A and we vote. Nothing sends the chill down the spine of a Liberal up for re-election than telling them how much we are working to vote them out because of their "policies." They will fear that more than guns.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Wait, wait, wait....DiFi "became a staunch gun-control advocate when she discovered the bodies of gay rights activist Harvey Milk and San Francisco Mayor George Moscone after they were gunned down at City Hall in 1978"? I did not know that DiFi discovered their bodies, and it was this incident that led her to this stance. Interesting because Dan White, the man who killed Milk and Moscone, was a sergeant in the 101st Airborne in Vietnam and later was a cop before working in city hall. So if a former soldier and cop uses a gun to kill two people, I would think that that helps prove that its the person, not the weapon, thus DiFi would understand this. But I guess not.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
    So if a former soldier and cop uses a gun to kill two people, I would think that that helps prove that its the person, not the weapon, thus DiFi would understand this. But I guess not.
    Not at all! Because they were "professionals", it proves that the evil guns brainwashed them...

Sponsored Links