The Death of My Friend, Colorado

The Death of My Friend, Colorado

This is a discussion on The Death of My Friend, Colorado within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wednesday morning, Governor Hickelooper is likely to sign a series of draconian bills that attack on your Second Amendment rights. These bills represent a large ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: The Death of My Friend, Colorado

Thumbs down The Death of My Friend, Colorado

Wednesday morning, Governor Hickelooper is likely to sign a series of draconian bills that attack on your Second Amendment rights. These bills represent a large part of the wish list of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who, along with the Obama Administration, worked tirelessly to push through the Colorado legislature.

When: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Where: West Foyer, State Capitol

Who: Governor Hickenlooper (D); Senators Mary Hodge (D-25), Rollie Heath (D-18) and Morgan Carroll (D-29); and Representatives Rhonda Fields (D-42), Beth McCann (D-08) and Lois Court (D-06).
    RIP, Colorado. We all endeavored to save you, and worked feverishly to keep the jackals at bay, but alas, the lure of dirty money and promises of the DNC in the future allowed your leaders to sell you out.

2014 can't come early enough, sadly.

To all of you that answered my pleas, and wrote, called, e-mailed, cussed, discussed and otherwise helped:

THANK YOU
    From all of us in Colorado

If you ever need me to help you, let me know

Please "Like" This to Show Your Support to 2A in Colorado

And for all of you tired of my posts......thanks for being understanding
    8th ID, cbp210, msgt/ret and 97 others like this.

Time to leave Colorado to themselves. I wish them luck. It's never good when a whole state falls.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I did all I could as a fellow gun owner and patriot. I am sorry now I have to find another location for my future hunts. I called Palmer Outfitters in Southeast CO and told him why I am now using another outfitter. I will continue to support you guys in anyways and keep us up to date.

VIP Member
    Sorry about this, Rock. I hope this can be undone.

I wonder what is happening to our country. We look for phantoms to blame for our ills and to take responsibility for the acts of evil men and women. Every day we grow more dependent on the government and cede to them our rights. We look to others to protect us. We look to others to help us.

I fear that soon what we understand to be true freedom will be so far removed from those having never experienced it that they will never know what they have lost.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    A truly sad, sad state of Affairs. I hope that the rest of the voters in Colorado outside of the Denver metro area remember this come 2014, and esp. remember "Mr. Rape whistle"..........
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Time to leave Colorado to themselves. I wish them luck. It's never good when a whole state falls.
    - I hope people don't leave. I hope they stay and vote in the next election to make their voice heard. Leaving helps only you, it doesn't help the fight to protect the 2nd Amendment. It seems like a lot of Progressives seem to ruin their state and then move to the next nicest state.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Rock now is not time to sound the death knell. You have an entire state worth of Sheriffs depts and deputies standing up and upholding the constitution as they swore to. In open defiance to tyrants in your state. Now isnt the time to leave in mass or give up and leave these patriots to face the music alone.

If your LE is willing to refuse to enforce this illegal grab then embrace that, stand with it. If LE wont enforce and public wont comply. what will the little imps do??? Other than shriek and kick and scream and then back down.

God Bless. Give em hell brother.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I fear that soon what we understand to be true freedom will be so far removed from those having never experienced it that they will never know what they have lost.
    I have to admit I have the same fear. I hope and pray we are mistaken. Only time will tell.
    Rock and Glock and dbucciar like this.

Well R&G, us out-of-staters did the best we could to help you in your efforts. I'm sorry it wasn't enough. Hang tough until 2014, my friend.
    Rock and Glock and dbucciar like this.

CO: Thrown for a Loop*
    Last edited by ccw9mm; March 20th, 2013 at 05:32 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    We only lose when we don't hold dear the freedom that we have.
    Two mentors spread far in my life were both, coincidentally, from Hungary. One lived through the nazi raids. The other lost an uncle to the anti-Soviet revolution of 1956. Both spoke to America, in general, when they said, "You don't know what you have." They were just saying that there's a stark difference between American freedom and prosperity and those of most of the rest of the world and that most of us take it for granted.
    The battle isn't over. In fact, the lines are just being drawn. Time will tell whose right or wrong. Churchill said, "Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

My motorcycle trip this summer had Colorado as a destination. We'll see how our plans turn out, we don't want to hurt the business owners but....

To the people of Colorado...The elected officials who supported this nonsense need to go.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

It's sad to see my home state taking such measures in the wrong direction. From here on out when asked where was I born it'll be, "the old Denver Colorado".
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

...it's all I can say!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The downhill slide seemed to start when they legalized pot. I guess the wrong people have been smoking it.

I'm pessimistic that the country, as a whole, won't be able to recover from all this "progressive" BS. As long as they keep promising free stuff, there will be suckers to take the bait and vote them into office. I'd say were already at that point. This stuff is spreading state to state and I don't see how we can stop it. I don't think we're at the end of the world yet, but we can see it from here.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links