What is the current state-of-mind for people living in anti-gun states like CO or NY?

What is the current state-of-mind for people living in anti-gun states like CO or NY?

This is a discussion on What is the current state-of-mind for people living in anti-gun states like CO or NY? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm a Texas-born boy that has lived most of my life in Oklahoma and is temporarily working in Kentucky. Needless to say, my home states ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: What is the current state-of-mind for people living in anti-gun states like CO or NY?

I'm a Texas-born boy that has lived most of my life in Oklahoma and is temporarily working in Kentucky. Needless to say, my home states are pretty conservative. But I can't help but wonder how it feels to live in one of the states that are pushing and passing gun control laws? Specifically, CA, CO, NY, and IL come to mind. What is the atmosphere like? Are people moving to states that actually uphold our Bill of Rights? I don't mean to be insincere, I just feel bad for the good people left in those states, and I can't comprehend the frustration you must have right now. Also, how can the rest of us help?
    Jared
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I'm so upset I got my knickers all wadded up and tied in knots and can't see straight. 2014 can't come soon enough. We will reclaim our state.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Here on the East side of MO, most of us feel bad for our brethren suffering in IL.

However even we are battling the morons. Some Democrats thought they would pull a nice stunt and get on the news by introducing an "Assault Weapon" ban bill, all the while knowing full well it wouldn't go anywhere. They just did it cause they are media whores.

Now we're battling the rogue heads of certain state departments. The leaders of the State Dept of Revenue decided (all on those own, without any approvals) to "work with" the Department of Homeland Security, by uploading databases of personal info on all MO CCW holders. The Lt. Gov has already made some moves and I hear that there is a lawsuit on file or close to being filed. The DOR violated several state laws doing this. My hope is that when it all shakes out the current head of DOR will end up in prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NONAME762 likes this.

As a whole, in my part of Illinois, everyone just seems kind of apathetic about everything. Not a whole lot of diehards defending gun control or gun rights. Waaay too many sheep. Personally, I was born and raised in Illinois so unfortunately was raised with the sheep mentality. It's only in the last several months that I have been growing more and more uncomfortable with the current state of affairs in this state and nation and my lack of protection. The current CC legislation that is up in the air has me anxious and wanting to see a decision asap. I'm extremely envious of all of you in 2A friendly states!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    As a whole, in my part of Illinois, everyone just seems kind of apathetic about everything. Not a whole lot of diehards defending gun control or gun rights. Waaay too many sheep. Personally, I was born and raised in Illinois so unfortunately was raised with the sheep mentality. It's only in the last several months that I have been growing more and more uncomfortable with the current state of affairs in this state and nation and my lack of protection. The current CC legislation that is up in the air has me anxious and wanting to see a decision asap. I'm extremely envious of all of you in 2A friendly states!
    That mentality is to be expected when you are raised in that atmosphere. I'm glad though that you are becoming uncomfortable.

I guess that's why I am trying to understand what is going on inside these states. If someone came to my small hometown in southwest Oklahoma and said they were going to limit guns, mags, and ammo, we would go absolutely berserk. Even if you don't own a gun where I'm from, you still respect them and the rights to own one.

I'm in Colorado for work, I've applied for a transfer, we'll see how it goes. If I end up moving I don't forsee living in Denver again.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

I never thought I would see the day that Colorado would be compared to NY or CA in this way.
    I'm angry and I feel like I should take a shower.

Wasn't it like 6 months ago that we were talking about national CCW reciprocity, Constitutional carry, and $5 suppressor transfers? What just happened???
    OldVet likes this.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

"What just happened?"

The anti's never let a good tragedy go to waste, and they got a few in rapid succession.

Then "Newtown". Kids were targeted and killed. So instead of rationally trying to figure out what went wrong (gun free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for criminals), they decided that the "time was right" to move forward with their agenda.

Most of "us" being of the conservative slant, generally have a "you don't bug me I won't bug you" life style. So "they" get away with ever increasing ridiculousness.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XD9rottie View Post
    "What just happened?"

The anti's never let a good tragedy go to waste, and they got a few in rapid succession.

Then "Newtown". Kids were targeted and killed. So instead of rationally trying to figure out what went wrong (gun free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for criminals), they decided that the "time was right" to move forward with their agenda.

Most of "us" being of the conservative slant, generally have a "you don't bug me I won't bug you" life style. So "they" get away with ever increasing ridiculousness.

I believe you've hit the nail on the head. It is way past time to push back with the same intensity that you would when fighting for your life.

Because we are.

Quote Originally Posted by XD9rottie View Post
    "What just happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I believe you've hit the nail on the head. It is way past time to push back with the same intensity that you would when fighting for your life.

Because we are.
    Indeed we are. Should the Second Amendment fall, the rest will follow. It will be, of course, a matter of time. Won't be long, though.

Our children and grandchildren are being indoctrinated in what are laughingly called schools. It seems they have more homework, but less is actually accomplished, less is actually learned.

Much IS being taught (some skewed version of):
    1. Tolerance is being taught.
    2. Equality is being taught.
    3. Acceptance is being taught.
    4. Entitlement is being taught.
    5. Fairness is being taught.
    6. Unanimity is being taught.
    7. Global universality is being taught.
    8. Inclusivity is being taught.

The truth is not taught. History is not taught. Critical thinking is not taught. Civics is not taught. Math is not taught. Pure science is not taught. Practical living is not taught.

Our progeny are being raised to be sheep. Easily led to subjugation or to slaughter.

There have been many who have lamented the things going on... Some have said (even here), we will survive. I have serious doubts that we will.... Certainly not as the great nation we once were.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Indeed we are. Should the Second Amendment fall, the rest will follow. It will be, of course, a matter of time. Won't be long, though.

Our children and grandchildren are being indoctrinated in what are laughingly called schools. It seems they have more homework, but less is actually accomplished, less is actually learned.

Much IS being taught (some skewed version of):
    1. Tolerance is being taught.
    2. Equality is being taught.
    3. Acceptance is being taught.
    4. Entitlement is being taught.
    5. Fairness is being taught.
    6. Unanimity is being taught.
    7. Global universality is being taught.
    8. Inclusivity is being taught.

The truth is not taught. History is not taught. Critical thinking is not taught. Civics is not taught. Math is not taught. Pure science is not taught. Practical living is not taught.

Our progeny are being raised to be sheep. Easily led to subjugation or to slaughter.

There have been many who have lamented the things going on... Some have said (even here), we will survive. I have serious doubts that we will.... Certainly not as the great nation we once were.
    Our schools are definitely the place to start. This is the reason my son is in private school. And, I would add accepting religion in the schools again - not necessarily promoting it, but not trying to eradicate it either.
    MountainAir likes this.

one of the best things i ever did was move from Ca to Az
    it's not just for 2A reasons, either
    it's so relaxed and calm here, by comparison
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.

Woe is me. . .
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I'm sure some of them are happier then pigs in slop.
    They're just waiting for thier government to tell them what else is good for them
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links