Indoctrination? Successful!

This is a discussion on Indoctrination? Successful! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here are our future leaders. Here are our future senators and congressmen. Here are our soon-to-be journalists. Soon, these young men and women will be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Indoctrination? Successful!

Here are our future leaders. Here are our future senators and congressmen. Here are our soon-to-be journalists.

Soon, these young men and women will be out in the wold at large; voting, reporting, representing, leading. In this nation. How long before the Second amendment is a vague recollection?

Story here
    dV8r likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Youth is too often wasted on the young and inexperienced. They'll learn the hard way . . . eventually.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Being 26 and a college student, I constantly feel UNSAFE on campus. I also work in an "absolutely no firearms" workplace. It is a busy restaurant. I constantly feel UNSAFE at work. I do carry an SD knife/ "ordinary pocket knife" I have done a moderate amount of training with, but it is for close range. I'm not that jaded. Bad things happen all the time, everywhere.

These kids are blissfully ignorant. To be that blissful must be wonderful, but you can keep the ignorance. We (my generation) tend to be a "believe it when we see it" crew. It's nauseating...

Based on the lefts survey 90% of gun owners are for Universal background checks. Survey says.......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    When someone is constantly bombarded with the “guns are bad” mentality all through the public indoctrination (school) system and never taught there are uses for guns other than shooting sprees it is natural for them to feel less safe at the mere mention of guns.
    oakchas and mano3 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Public schools and colleges have turned into indoctrination camps, true enough. To coin a popular psa phrase" infect truth" I don't believe that all of them are close minded and could be willing to listen to the other side of the argument. Free speech is a good freedom, but can be a double edged sword. We must engage young minds from the position of facts about firearms. Some may listen. Ultimately it falls to how we raise our own children, for the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence to regain ground that has been lost. Today's children, tomorrow's leaders. Let us strive to raise good, honorable leaders. How did I get on this stump?

I'd like to see a survey question worded like this:

"If you suddenly found yourself faced with a crazed gunman who is attempting to shoot as many innocent people as possible, would you rather be:

A) Unarmed?
    B) Unarmed, but carrying a whistle to call for help?
    C) Armed with a pair of scissors or a ballpoint pen?
    D) Armed with a Glock carrying 17 rounds?
    E) Armed with an AR-15 carrying 30 rounds?"
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    Public schools and colleges have turned into indoctrination camps, true enough. To coin a popular psa phrase" infect truth" I don't believe that all of them are close minded and could be willing to listen to the other side of the argument. Free speech is a good freedom, but can be a double edged sword. We must engage young minds from the position of facts about firearms. Some may listen. Ultimately it falls to how we raise our own children, for the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence to regain ground that has been lost. Today's children, tomorrow's leaders. Let us strive to raise good, honorable leaders. How did I get on this stump?
    Everyone needs to get on this stump with you. Our last hope is our children and their children... If we can't teach them the truth, he truth will vanish.
    surefire7 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I stopped reading when I saw the phrase "high capacity ammunition clips"...

*no offense to M1 Garand owners!*
    JoJoGunn likes this.

It is dishearting to read stuff like this as a 25 year old. I did 2 years at an indoctrination camp as you call them and that is what it was. Most of my classmates were more worried about where the next party was as opossed to the world around them. I also get fed up when the older generation feels like this represents everyone in this age group. There are still some of us that were raised on God and Guns. I know for a fact that me and a bunch of my friends have been fighting this as hard as most. Sorry for the little rant it just irritates me that people lump all of this countries youth into one catagory, and it just isn't true.
    surefire7 and darbo like this.

VIP Member
    I hear ya, mdco2.

Long, long ago, I vaguely remember being young and in the indoctrination camp of Clarion State University. For some reason, myself and the other students in the computer science department were all staunch conservatives and constantly fought back against the brain washing.

Perhaps there's a nerd gene in conservatives?
    mano3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mdco2 View Post
    It is dishearting to read stuff like this as a 25 year old. I did 2 years at an indoctrination camp as you call them and that is what it was. Most of my classmates were more worried about where the next party was as opossed to the world around them. I also get fed up when the older generation feels like this represents everyone in this age group. There are still some of us that were raised on God and Guns. I know for a fact that me and a bunch of my friends have been fighting this as hard as most. Sorry for the little rant it just irritates me that people lump all of this countries youth into one catagory, and it just isn't true.
    Oh, I see... you're one of those... those gun and Bible clingers... those evil people who own guns with super capacity drum clip bullet magazines just champing at the bit to use your assault weapon to wreak mayhem on some poor criminal just trying to earn a living before turning his life around... You're a gun owner! You want to see more blood in the streets... yeah, buddy, I got you pegged, you're all alike.

They want to lump me into categories... I'll sure lump them, too. Are there exceptions? You bet... But peeing in the pool doesn't make the water taste salty... and that's how few the exceptions are becoming...
    mano3 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I hear ya, mdco2.

Long, long ago, I vaguely remember being young and in the indoctrination camp of Clarion State University. For some reason, myself and the other students in the computer science department were all staunch conservatives and constantly fought back against the brain washing.

Perhaps there's a nerd gene in conservatives?
    It was the same at Davenport university. Myself and the other is the computer science department were very conservative. It was the humanities classes that the bleeding heart were in...Yuck...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I feel a lot of it has to do with knowledge most conservitive freedom minded people seek knowledge. Not what is fed to them but activley seek to learn for themselves and that is really frowned upon. If you don't think like the rest of them they will seek to desroy you is the way I have noticed it works.

Quote Originally Posted by mdco2 View Post
    I feel a lot of it has to do with knowledge most conservitive freedom minded people seek knowledge. Not what is fed to them but activley seek to learn for themselves and that is really frowned upon. If you don't think like the rest of them they will seek to desroy you is the way I have noticed it works.

Ah yes. I believe that was shown to be a "legacy teaching system" (for you computer science wonks) called critical thinking... We have found "group think" to be much more mutually pleasing... pragmatism is to be vilified.
    Thompsonian likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links