WV Lawmakers Against Gun Control Measures

WV Lawmakers Against Gun Control Measures

This is a discussion on WV Lawmakers Against Gun Control Measures within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; West Virginia lawmakers are "urging" Congress to get rid of gun control legislation. At least my state has some sanity. W.Va. House urges Congress to ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By tubadude

Thread: WV Lawmakers Against Gun Control Measures

Thumbs up WV Lawmakers Against Gun Control Measures

West Virginia lawmakers are "urging" Congress to get rid of gun control legislation. At least my state has some sanity.

W.Va. House urges Congress to avoid gun control - The Herald Dispatch
    RookWV and SmokinFool like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Good!

The National lawmakers need to see that their state constituencies feel that they have gone, or are going too far...
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I love my adopted home.
    SmokinFool likes this.

This is indeed good news, and not all that surprising in WV, at least in the House of Delegates. There are some pro gun bills that will be considered in the state Senate (the House has already done their job and moved theirs to the Senate committees). Please, if you are a West Virginian call your state Senators and ask them to make sure the pro gun bills make it out of their respective committees and to the Senate floor. These are:

HB2760 - This bill strengthens the state's preemption law by doing away with regulations by some municipalities that were "grandfathered in" when the state preemption bill was written and passed. This bill removes references to regulation of firearms by counties and municipalities.

HB2471 - The purpose of this bill is to prohibit the restriction or otherwise lawful possession, use, carrying, transfer, transportation, storage or display of a firearm or ammunition during a declared state of emergency under the emergency powers of Governor or by any political subdivision of the state during a declared state of emergency. The bill also provides a remedy at law and equity for a violation of a person's rights, including award of costs and attorney fees for a prevailing plaintiff.

SB369 - The purpose of this bill is to provide full faith and credit to a nonresident who has a permit or license to carry a handgun in his or her state when that state allows residents of West Virginia who are licensed in West Virginia to carry a concealed deadly weapon in that other state.

SB408 - This bill shall only allow a private owner, lessee, or other person charged with the care, custody, and control of real property to prohibit the carrying openly or concealed of any firearm or deadly weapon on private property under his or her domain.

Sponsored Links