Pulling A Manchin

Pulling A Manchin

This is a discussion on Pulling A Manchin within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I received an email from GOA today talking about how West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin is still trying to garner bipartisan support for UBCs. I ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By SmokinFool
  • 2 Post By BigStick
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By SigPapa226
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By RookWV
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By SmokinFool

Thread: Pulling A Manchin

Pulling A Manchin

I received an email from GOA today talking about how West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin is still trying to garner bipartisan support for UBCs. I particularly liked this part of the email:

The term “pulling a Manchin” will soon become part of the political lexicon. It refers to a lying politician who reverses his position on the Second Amendment the day after he is elected to a six-year term.
    Jeanlouise and RookWV like this.

VIP Member
    Sort of like busting a Barry, in which a lame duck holds up the bloody shirt as soon as the election is over.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    If it was only a 2 year term, I could see how they might let it go, but rather than wait 6 years, I think they should launch a recall petition.
    phreddy and RichB70 like this.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    If it was only a 2 year term, I could see how they might let it go, but rather than wait 6 years, I think they should launch a recall petition.
    It might happen. Then Joe will have to make another commercial showing him firing a rifle at a target... that's all he needs to do for the low information voters of this state.
    SmokinFool and RookWV like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    It might happen. Then Joe will have to make another commercial showing him firing a rifle at a target... that's all he needs to do for the low information voters of this state.
    That just won't do. Next time, I want to see him in an ad screaming "Getsome!!!" as he unleashes three-to-five round bursts.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

All too true. Unfortunately many voters, not only in WV but all over the country, are low information voters.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    All too true. Unfortunately many voters, not only in WV but all over the country, are low information voters.
    Amen. You got that right. Most only listen to a few "sound Bites" & nothing else. No independent thought much less research on a subject. I currently live in NOVA, but I have lived in many places in middle America & I also know it is not totally the peoples fault. The dirth of information & decent, competent newspaper reporting is a significant problem. It may be getting better now with cable news & the internet, but I think probably still part of the low information voter syndrome.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Yes, but our low information voters are backing Manchin.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Hopefully the NRA will rethink how it grades these people. It's not much but it's a step in the right direction.

Hopefully Capito can get the other Senate seat when Jay retires with another conservative backfilling her seat. It's not much either but it's another step in the right direction.

In the meantime, I'm keeping the pressure on the local reps to get the laws right here in WV.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RookWV View Post
    Hopefully the NRA will rethink how it grades these people. It's not much but it's a step in the right direction.

Hopefully Capito can get the other Senate seat when Jay retires with another conservative backfilling her seat. It's not much either but it's another step in the right direction.

In the meantime, I'm keeping the pressure on the local reps to get the laws right here in WV.
    That would be a HUGE step in the right direction. I think she will win too.
    SmokinFool likes this.

Yes, but our low information voters are backing Manchin.
    Right you are. And it may be to the detriment of us all.

Quote Originally Posted by RookWV View Post

Capito taking Rockefeller's seat would be a great victory for West Virginia in the Senate. And in the meantime, I am also keeping the pressure on my reps.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Links