Lest We Forget The Co-sponsers of Senator Feinstein's Assault Weapons Ban of 2013

This is a discussion on Lest We Forget The Co-sponsers of Senator Feinstein's Assault Weapons Ban of 2013 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Below is a list of Senators that co-sponsored Senator Feinstein’s S.150 Assault Weapons Ban of 2013. For those in the respective states keep their names ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Lest We Forget The Co-sponsers of Senator Feinstein's Assault Weapons Ban of 2013

Lest We Forget The Co-sponsers of Senator Feinstein's Assault Weapons Ban of 2013

Below is a list of Senators that co-sponsored Senator Feinstein’s S.150 Assault Weapons Ban of 2013. For those in the respective states keep their names in mind come re-election time.......

Sen. Schumer, Charles E. [D-NY]
    Sen. Durbin, Richard [D-IL]
    Sen. Whitehouse, Sheldon [D-RI]
    Sen. Blumenthal, Richard [D-CT]
    Sen. Levin, Carl [D-MI]
    Sen. Rockefeller, John D., IV [D-WV]
    Sen. Mikulski, Barbara A. [D-MD]
    Sen. Boxer, Barbara [D-CA]
    Sen. Reed, Jack [D-RI]
    Sen. Lautenberg, Frank R. [D-NJ]
    Sen. Menendez, Robert [D-NJ]
    Sen. Cardin, Benjamin L. [D-MD]
    Sen. Gillibrand, Kirsten E. [D-NY]
    Sen. Schatz, Brian [D-HI]
    Sen. Murphy, Christopher S. [D-CT]
    Sen. Warren, Elizabeth [D-MA]
    Sen. Carper, Thomas R. [D-DE]
    Sen. Franken, Al [D-MN]
    Sen. Hirono, Mazie K. [D-HI]
    Sen. Klobuchar, Amy [D-MN]
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Rockefeller was a co-sponsor but he is retiring, so I can't hold him accountable.

Looking at the states, there seems to be a reoccurring theme... of course.
    Jeanlouise, mano3 and QKShooter like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Rockefeller was a co-sponsor but he is retiring, so I can't hold him accountable.

When I was looking at the list, he was the only one from a state that might hold him accountable. . Make sure his replacement has the right views.

All I see are Democrats... Hmmm...
    mano3 likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

None from Utah, yay Utah. I wish it was easier to find information about our politition, its like a full time job just to keep up.
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

None from Kansas either, I will vote to keep it that way...

I agree Ksgunner, but it's hard to keep up with all of their bills, plans, and what they have done.
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

Schmuck Schumer and his lap dog ''Gillibrand'', what a surprise!
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Our junior Senator from North Carolina is not on the list but I will be voting to replace her in 2014 for other reasons.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Makes me wonder why Democrats hate liberty?

VIP Member
    Don't be too quick and happy that your Democratic Senator isn't listed. There is a lot of political wrangling that goes on with these things. Many are "excused" by their fellow Dems if they are from states that might dump them if they supported this bill.

For example, in WV, Rockefeller was a no brainer to support this because he isn't running again! However, Joe Manchin (D) is absent from the list...he'll be running again in a few years. He can't afford to have his name on this bill.

The representatives from states that are firmly in the Liberal tank, like MD, CA. IL etc. have nothing to lose by voting for the bill because their voters will vote for them no matter what. In fact, they are voting the way their people want them to vote.

So, just because your rep.'s name isn't on the list doesn't mean he wouldn't have voted for it, if it was politically expedient for him to do so.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Don't be too quick and happy that your Democratic Senator isn't listed. There is a lot of political wrangling that goes on with these things. Many are "excused" by their fellow Dems if they are from states that might dump them if they supported this bill.

For example, in WV, Rockefeller was a no brainer to support this because he isn't running again! However, Joe Manchin (D) is absent from the list...he'll be running again in a few years. He can't afford to have his name on this bill.

The representatives from states that are firmly in the Liberal tank, like MD, CA. IL etc. have nothing to lose by voting for the bill because their voters will vote for them no matter what. In fact, they are voting the way their people want them to vote.

So, just because your rep.'s name isn't on the list doesn't mean he wouldn't have voted for it, if it was politically expedient for him to do so.
    Good points, there is a website somewhere that shows how each legislator voted on bills but I have been unable to find it. Even if they are not a sponsor it is good to know how they voted.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    msgt/ret and Jeanlouise like this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The bill must not have met the approval of Florida's Senator Nelson, he wasn't listed as a co-sponsoner. IMO, he would have been a co sponsor if it had called for a total ban on all weapons. He is just another self righteous, all knowing, self centered elected parasite attempting to force his agenda on the people of Florida.
    StevePVB likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links