Senator Reid To Introduce Gun Control Legislation With Background Checks

This is a discussion on Senator Reid To Introduce Gun Control Legislation With Background Checks within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; But the assault weapons ban will get its vote , Reid promises - as President Obama did, as an amendment to the bill. "Once debate ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ghost1958

Thread: Senator Reid To Introduce Gun Control Legislation With Background Checks

Senator Reid To Introduce Gun Control Legislation With Background Checks

But the assault weapons ban will get its vote, Reid promises - as President Obama did, as an amendment to the bill. "Once debate begins, I will ensure that a ban on assault weapons, limits to high-capacity magazines, and mental health provisions receive votes, along with other amendments.
    Reid To Introduce Gun Control Legislation With Background Checks

The Bill of Rights were written for all the people and not for a few........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

That's what I expected. I'm a little surprised Reid is announcing this so soon, but it's what I expected. We need to watch this very carefully. We need to make sure we are aware of every amendment that is proposed. And, of course, we need to keep the pressure on our senators to make sure they will vote against any of this nonsense.

Ok guys and gals its time to flood your federal reps with letters calls and emails demanding they oppose Any gun regulation bills or background check bills. I know respectful is a key thing but I would not let it pass by that supporting any of this nonsense is a one way ticket out of office regardless of stance on anything else.
    Without a strong 2A everything else will crumble at the whim of the Feds. Now, SIC EM!!!
    wmhawth and phreddy like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I sent a new email to my senators tonight and I posted it in the "Letters to your Reps" sticky thread. I will call their offices tomorrow. In about a week or so, I will do it all again, and will continue until it's decided one way or another. If something gets through and passes, I will take a little break, and then begin all over again, demanding a repeal.

Despite the failure of hundreds of past gun laws, I have a feeling criminals will decide to obey this one...because, you know, all those criminals who will now buy their guns from sources who submit background checks.

I think it might be a good thing. The stricter the bill is on guns, the less of a chance it has to pass. There is a lot of grandstanding going on, but when it comes down to it, I don't think they will have the votes, unless some decide to "fall on the sword" like they did when they passed Obamacare. With Rep. Control of the house, there is still hope. The Dems have to put on a good show, but they still have a lot of other bills they want to get through, especially with immigration. The Repubs are on thin ice with their constituents already, I think passing any serious gun control legislation will mean the end for many of them.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC
    Ruger P90 for the nightstand

Thia is all a show.......IMO.

VIP Member
    I saw this the other day and think it's a great idea to keep those legislators phones ringing. Someone made business-type cards on their home computer and printer and apparently left little stacks of them in waiting rooms, restaurants, etc, wherever they went. They put this message on it:

Call Sen Landrieu's office in Washington DC and tell them that you are a Louisiana voter and against any gun control measures, especially background checks or firearm registration. Ask them to just enforce the current laws. 1-202-224-5824

You can put whatever message you like, but super easy to do, and a easy way to remind others to call.

I think momentum is on our side, but we've got to keep working. From now on, we have to start becoming active and doing what we can to get the right people elected. I've got two state-wide elections here in 2014, and I've already committed to helping out in those elections. We, as gun owners, have to do more than just showing up at the polls to cast our vote.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links