Not About the Guns

Not About the Guns

This is a discussion on Not About the Guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Although the current debate rages about gun control, 2A etc...It is my belief that this is not nor has ever been the issue. Read on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Not About the Guns

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Not About the Guns

Although the current debate rages about gun control, 2A etc...It is my belief that this is not nor has ever been the issue.
    Read on if you wish; though I have no answers; at least none that will fit this forum's rules.

It's not about logic.
    It's not about right & wrong.
    It's not about God given rights.

It's about political expediency.

(If) the popular view was anti gun, we would have no guns.
    (If) the popular view was pro gun, we would all have guns.

(If) there was money to be made proceeding from a anti gun agenda, we would have no guns.
    (If) guaranteed reinstatement to a political office required one to by pro or anti, that would be the agenda.

It is sad to see and fully realize that "rights" are guaranteed NOT by a piece of paper written over 200 years ago; but rather a base greed
    designed to elevate one to power & wealth.

We Pro 2A people are being told to "watch out", "be careful", "vote", "boycott" etc...

This to me is analogous to a guided tour of caves where we are told to "watch your head" while we do not see the snake on the ground about to bite us.

The (snake) on the ground is a complete, deliberate, calculated plan to destroy all rights..every one of them until "we the people" are well placed under the foot of oppression.

Being Pro 2A is great!..Just take heed that this is NOT the whole picture.

I see many who complain we are not doing enough to guard our right to "keep & bear arms" Sadly; many of these same people do not involve themselves in the the moral issues that led to our current dilemma. A finger in the dike won't stop anti gun legislation when the entire damn has been eroding for many years.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

...to control a tiger...first you put him to sleep...then you pull his claws and teeth...then he's easy to control...

...we've been napping...

Senior Moderator
    All of the arguments can be condensed down to one thing and its all about good vs. evil...the same battle that has been fought since the beggining of time.

Nothing more...nothing less.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    All of the arguments can be condensed down to one thing and its all about good vs. evil...
    H
    Nothing more...nothing less.
    Bingo! That is what I meant about breaking forum rules...therefore I will refrain.

Let those with wars to hear; hear.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Let those with wars to hear; hear.
    FYI: I think your spellcheck is messing with you.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ....to control a tiger......
    You have the tiger on the plate with some BBQ Sauce......
    .....then he's easy to control....
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    The challenge is that the evil is not presented as evil, it is hidden behind catch phrases and names that sound good.

People generally do not like major changes. This is the reason that the progressive approach to change was adopted by liberals and big government proponents over 100 years ago. They know that the majority of the popuation doesn't like big changes, but they will accept small changes. Consequently, progressives are constantly introducing giant changes and talk about how great they are for society. The population resists the large change, so the progressives "settle" on small changes that move the direction they want to go. The uneducated population accepts the small change because the ideas are wrapped in language and marketing that the population don't find threatening; and because they view the change as small and thus inconsequential. After numerous small changes the overall original agenda is acheived.

Evil seldom looks evil on the surface; it is only in hindsight that most people will see it.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I would add that "gun control" is partially correct. It is about control and power. They fear what the guns represent. Indepencence and self-reliance. They seek to ban the guns so it is easier to gain power over us.
    GhostMaker and crossfireltd like this.
    Walk softly ...

...you vicious, horrible person...now you KNOW that tiger was tryin' to turn his life around...
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post

p.s. what'd you get the furball with???

Gun control no. People control YES!!!!!

This Administration has said loud and clear.
    The Constitution is outdated and irrelevant, And they mean it .
    They have stated there should be no limits set on their power to govern.
    So there you have it.
    Ghost1958, BamaT and blitzburgh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    FYI: I think your spellcheck is messing with you.
    Hmmm? Might be appropriate.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Sorry guys, I don't buy into the "good vs evil" thing. If you want to put it in theological terms, then yes, they would be considered sinners, but we are all sinners. There is good and evil in all of us, but we wouldn't consider ourselves evil.

So, if they are not evil, what are they? Certainly they have political views that are polar opposite of ours. And yes, they sometimes lie to get their point across. Can we say that non of us have ever lied?

We should be trying to understand our opponents. In the end, they are simply people who do not believe in the same things as we do. They believe that the government can do great things for its citizens and they believe that the government has a moral obligation to do those things. They believe that the Constitution is a nice historical document but that it is outdated and doesn't apply to modern day America. Are they misguided? Absolutely. Bad for liberty and freedom? You bet. Conceited and full of themselves? Sometimes. But evil? No.

"What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right."
    -- Howard Cosell
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Although the current debate rages about gun control, 2A etc...It is my belief that this is not nor has ever been the issue.

... people do not involve themselves in the the moral issues that led to our current dilemma. A finger in the dike won't stop anti gun legislation when the entire damn has been eroding for many years.
    The 2A attacks and erosion are but one sign of the times, as you point out. It certainly is an issue. Though, it's but one.

Until we re-pour the foundations where they've been allowed to fall away, repair the cracks in the shreds of the foundations that remain, and sweep away the acid that's eating away at what remains, we risk losing it all to such interests (or disinterest, as the case may be).

We need utter transparency, utter simplicity, extreme "teeth" in holding our hired staffers accountable for each and every thing we hire them to do. In short, we each need to take a strong and vigorous stand in our own citizenship and civic involvement again, as most folks once did. So long as we continue to essentially farm out our governance to mercenaries, we'll get mercenary treatment.

Some possible changes (were my magic wand operable):

• Bring back the gallows in the public square. Bring back tarring/feathering.
    • Bring back severe punishment for treason against the People and the Constitution. Bring back the realization that both high crimes AND misdemeanors qualify, particularly when they abuse the Constitution.
    • Bring back severe punishment for breach of sworn oath of office.
    • Disallow any bills until a budget/funding is in place; no budget/funding, no work paid for.
    • Disallow any bill to have any aspect of it included that does not directly relate to the core of the bill; no more of this rider/amendment crap to sneak in unrelated stuff.
    • Disallow any bill to move forward without debate, without everyone having understood the issues, without everyone having full opportunity to be heard, without public comment, without evaluation of all of this.
    • Disallow these back-room "voting" shenanigans and deals. Make it all public, in the chambers, one issue/bill at a time, everyone there. Record everything.
    • Absolutely require all bills affecting the guaranteed civil rights to first be proven to be clearly, simply compliant with the Constitution before any final, full debate and vote in the Congress.
    • Perhaps, require all bills to have a 2/3 majority passage.
    • We need to hold ALL accountable for the simple truth of the Constitution's key rights: that they mean what they say (ie, the 2A's provisions shall not be infringed), that they apply to all in all states (the 10A).
    MichiganCCW and Ghost1958 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links