Action Alert: GOA - Senator Lee to Offer Amendment Tonight to Ban Most Gun Control

Action Alert: GOA - Senator Lee to Offer Amendment Tonight to Ban Most Gun Control

This is a discussion on Action Alert: GOA - Senator Lee to Offer Amendment Tonight to Ban Most Gun Control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Senator Lee to Offer Amendment Tonight to Ban Most Gun Control in the Senate We realize itís short notice, but we wanted to alert you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Action Alert: GOA - Senator Lee to Offer Amendment Tonight to Ban Most Gun Control

Senator Lee to Offer Amendment Tonight to Ban Most Gun Control in the Senate

We realize itís short notice, but we wanted to alert you that, later tonight, Senator Mike Lee of Utah intends to offer an amendment to the budget resolution that would prohibit any gun control legislation which does not have a 2/3 vote in the Senate.

We know, we know. We would prefer to prohibit any and all gun control, even if it had 100 votes.

But if the Lee amendment is passed, the practical effect will be that gun control can never again pass the Senate.

Given the Armageddon-like fight which we are now engaged in in the Senate, achieving a gun-control peace for the rest of our lifetimes would be a good thing.

ACTION: Contact your Senators. Ask them to vote for the Lee amendment which would require a 2/3 vote for the Senate to impose any gun control.

You may Click here to use The Action Center, or you can call your Senators since time is short. The number for the Senate is 202-224-3121.

Link: take-action

Please take action ASAP!
    SmokinFool and the6shooter like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Senator Lee to Offer Amendment Tonight to Ban Most Gun Control in the Senate

SmokinFool likes this.

VIP Member
    That sounds good but who controls the Senate?
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

The Democrats but that is no reason to just sit back and do nothing. There are democrats up for reelection who are concerned about getting reelected and who may vote with that in mind.
    SmokinFool likes this.

VIP Member
    Done.

Thanks for the link.

Done thank you.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Done...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    done.

The best defense is a good offense.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Not likely to happen. The number of votes required to pass anything in the Senate is firmly established.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Not likely to happen. The number of votes required to pass anything in the Senate is firmly established.
    I don't disagree, but that is how the first AWB got through. Maybe we can get lucky & sneak this through. It is certainly worth a try.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

mkh
    Done.
    Last edited by mkh; March 22nd, 2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Spelling. Only 4 letters and I misspelled it

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I sent an email. It is nice that they search your Senator's addresses for you. But I know I am just wasting my time with the liberal nutjobs that got elected in my state. They would follow Harry and Joe to Hell.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I clicked the Take Action link but I re-worded their letter a little bit:

Please vote for the Lee amendment to the budget resolution to prohibit the Senate from approving bills like the gun ban Senator Feinstein is proposing without a 2/3 vote.

Whether or not you are opposed to Senator Feinstein, you should be loyal to the oath you took to defend and protect the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic, and this oath should be supportive of Lee.

I don't really care if Gun Owners are scoring this vote or not; the point is the preservation of the Constitution of the United States. You do not want your name to be on the rolls of the Congress that was in place when the United States died.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    Done
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    That sounds good but who controls the Senate?
    Done

The idea is to get their vote recorded. Then they will be on record for or against this amendment.
    MrBuckwheat likes this.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links