POSTPONED Newport News, VA: POSTPONED -- Important Town Hall Meeting

This is a discussion on POSTPONED Newport News, VA: POSTPONED -- Important Town Hall Meeting within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ********** POSTPONED ********** Sorry for the short notice. I just had this forwarded to me. From: Virginia Shooting Sports Association [mailto:xxx] On Behalf Of Virginia ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tzadik

Thread: POSTPONED Newport News, VA: POSTPONED -- Important Town Hall Meeting

VIP Member

Exclamation POSTPONED Newport News, VA: POSTPONED -- Important Town Hall Meeting

********** POSTPONED **********

Sorry for the short notice. I just had this forwarded to me.

From: Virginia Shooting Sports Association [mailto:xxx] On Behalf Of Virginia Shooting Sports Association

Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:11 PM

To: xxxxx

Subject: Congressman Rigell to Hold Town Hall Meeting March 23rd

Virginia Shooting Sports Association
    March 21, 2013

Please Attend Congressman Scott Rigell's Town Hall Saturday

On Saturday, March 23rd, 2nd District Congressman Scott Rigell will hold a town hall. Gun ban groups are urging their supporters to attend and ask Congressman Rigell to support restrictive gun ban measures. Second Amendment supporters need to attend too. Congressman Jim Moran held a similar event in northern Virginia two weeks ago and pro-rights supporters turned out in droves to overwhelm the anti-rights attendees.

The town hall will be held Saturday at 10:00AM in Gaines Theater on the Christopher Newport University campus, 1 Avenue of the Arts, Newport News, Virginia. If you live in the area, please plan to attend. Congressman Rigell has co-sponsored legislation with gun ban congressmen that they say is only aimed at preventing "illegal gun trafficking." Rigell denies that he supports any legislation that would restrict our rights. But the fact that gun ban groups are touting the legislation he has co-sponsored leaves us just a little suspicious. If possible, please attend this important meeting and politely let Congressman Rigell know you oppose any efforts to restrict our rights.
    Last edited by DaveH; March 22nd, 2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Why the heck is he scheduling it for the opening hour of the local gun show?

VIP Member
    To avoid the RKBA crowd that overwhelmed Congressman Moran's feel-good fest?

BTW, the pro-control / pro-prohibition media is weighing in -- PolitiFact Virginia | National Association for Gun Rights says Rep. Scott Rigell ?wants gun owners in a federal registration system?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member

Postponed

Just received an email that they have postponed the fest.

Will advise, if I hear when it is rescheduled.

Wonder if they heard that a protest was being organized????

Nah -- no politico or college admin would lie. And in this case they are the same:

FWIIW, did you notice who signed the letter form the college?

Paul S. Trible, Jr., who served in the U.S. House of Representatives for three terms, as in the U.S. Senate for one term.

see: http://tinyurl.com/bllqbgt & http://tinyurl.com/bnlm4yl

From the Desk of

U.S. REPRESENTATIVE
    SCOTT RIGELL 2nd District of Virginia

418 Cannon HOB
    Washington, DC 20515
    T: (202) 225-4215
    F: (202) 225-4218
    Kaylin.Minton@mail.house.gov FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    (202) 225-4215

Congressman Rigell's
    Newport News Town Hall
    POSTPONED
    Event to be Rescheduled in the Coming Weeks

Washington, DC – Congressman Scott Rigell’s town hall scheduled for Saturday, March 23rd at Christopher Newport University has been postponed. The University notified the Congressman’s office about the change in a letter this afternoon. The event will be rescheduled in the coming weeks.

"This afternoon our office was notified by Christopher Newport University (CNU) that the town hall scheduled to take place tomorrow morning at the Gaines Theatre would have to be rescheduled. The University's decision was unexpected, and the need to reschedule the town hall is beyond our control.

The Gaines Theatre is a tremendous venue and Congressman Rigell was looking forward to being there in the morning to meet with and listen to fellow residents of Virginia's 2nd Congressional District. Though disappointing, we fully understand and respect the University's decision. The University apologized for the late notice, and we in turn apologize for this change in plans to all who were planning to attend the town hall. Listening to the district remains a top priority for Congressman Rigell and our office will reschedule the town hall as soon as possible," said Chris Connelly, Rigell's Chief of Staff.

The text of the letter is below:

Dear Congressman Rigell,

Due to the unexpected size and attendance for the final CNU Admission Open House of the year this Saturday, March 23, your Town Hall meeting will need to be rescheduled.

We apologize for the late notice and will work with your staff to find another date and time to accommodate your event.

Sincerely,

Paul Trible
    Last edited by DaveH; March 22nd, 2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Paul Trible rung a bell. Shecked it out.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

It was my comment that did it.
    DaveH likes this.

Links