GC bill in Maryland (and some other state bills)

This is a discussion on GC bill in Maryland (and some other state bills) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; HB1421 has a hearing scheduled for next Tuesday. Those of you in Maryland should write your representative. There's a bunch more bills listed here: BillTrack50 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: GC bill in Maryland (and some other state bills)

HB1421 has a hearing scheduled for next Tuesday. Those of you in Maryland should write your representative. There's a bunch more bills listed here:

BillTrack50 | Gun Control Legislation

Some pro but lots of anti. Keep those letters and phone calls going!

Quote Originally Posted by willhickey View Post
    HB1421 has a hearing scheduled for next Tuesday. Those of you in Maryland should write your representative. There's a bunch more bills listed here:

BillTrack50 | Gun Control Legislation

Some pro but lots of anti. Keep those letters and phone calls going!
    I freely admit that my eyesight has declined a bit as I've gotten older, but I swear I don't see any bills from MD. There are a ton of bills from NJ. SC has several, and some from a few other states.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I freely admit that my eyesight has declined a bit as I've gotten older, but I swear I don't see any bills from MD. There are a ton of bills from NJ. SC has several, and some from a few other states.
    It's the BillTrack50's display mechanism. The display defaults to showing only 13 bills at a time, yet the bills-per-page feature allows 25/50/100 at a time to be shown per page. Which means, whenever you show a page full of bills, you then need to scroll down through that page to see the rest of them.

Or, click on the little spyglass "filter" icon at the lower-left of the display. That'll allow you to select state=MD. Then, page/scroll through those.

Here's the direct link: MD HB1421 - Regulated Firearms - License Issued by Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or West Virginia - Reciprocity.

Interesting tool. It's simple to see how many firearms-related bills are in each state, ie 238 in NY and 8 in WY. Shows both the gun-control and the gun-liberating bills.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thanks for the direct bill link ccw9mm... I should have included that. I've just been sorting the bills by Action Date with the newest actions first. Makes it easy to see which bills are actually progressing.

238 bills in NY. I can't decide if that's funny or sad.

I have a paper copy of Senate bill 281, if anyone has questions I'll be happy to answer them best I can. Bear with me though, I have to see your reply/PM and it is 96 pages, single spaced, of very small print!

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It's the BillTrack50's display mechanism. The display defaults to showing only 13 bills at a time, yet the bills-per-page feature allows 25/50/100 at a time to be shown per page. Which means, whenever you show a page full of bills, you then need to scroll down through that page to see the rest of them.

Or, click on the little spyglass "filter" icon at the lower-left of the display. That'll allow you to select state=MD. Then, page/scroll through those.

Here's the direct link: MD HB1421 - Regulated Firearms - License Issued by Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or West Virginia - Reciprocity.

Interesting tool. It's simple to see how many firearms-related bills are in each state, ie 238 in NY and 8 in WY. Shows both the gun-control and the gun-liberating bills.
    Ah. OK, got it. Cool. I like being able to track bills from across the country. Now we just need to work on defeating them all!

We've been bombarding our legislators in this state with mail and, there have been many protests against gun control here. I fear something is still making it through, but maybe it won't be as bad as it was going to be. This state is fairly hopeless in terms of attitudes on guns, and it's very sad.

Links