DHS to Purchase 360,000 more Rounds !

This is a discussion on DHS to Purchase 360,000 more Rounds ! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While the Department of Homeland Security continues to ignore members of Congress demanding to know why the federal agency is engaged in an apparent arms ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: DHS to Purchase 360,000 more Rounds !

While the Department of Homeland Security continues to ignore members of Congress demanding to know why the federal agency is engaged in an apparent arms build-up, the DHS has just announced it plans to purchase another 360,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition to add to the roughly 2 billion bullets already bought over the past year. Oh because the 2 Billion just wont cut it in these tough financial times

Fortunately, it was Pistol .40 caliber 165 grain, jacketed hollow point which thankfully, I don't need.

I would want to find out why DHS requires hollow point ammo however.

If they are buying bullets to save money, then buy the FMJ which is half the cost of hollow point.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

The DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center requires the following items, Brand Name or Equal, to the following:

LI 001: Ammunition, Commercial leaded training ammo (CLTA) Pistol .40 caliber 165 grain, jacketed hollow point (JHP) p/n P40HSTS3G or equal - Brass casing. Quantity of 360,000 rounds - newly loaded unit price per 1000 rounds with FOB Destination., 360, CA;

- No bulk ammunition will be accepted. Ammunition shall be packaged in 50 round boxes in a case of 1000 rounds.

New Equipment ONLY; NO remanufactured or "gray market" items. All items must be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

Dont give me the they need to train with Factory Ammo crap , they have 2 Billion of those or so.
    Nmuskier likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    If the production lines are busy with runs for orders like this, it makes it harder for the rest of us to get any. This is one of those times that I wish the demand force of supply and demand would kick in and result in new suppliers, like we taught it did back in 5th grade economics. Even better would be a few suppliers dedicated entirely to the civilian market.

All joking aside........what's goin' on with this arms and equipment build-up of DHS and why do they keep ignoring questions from our elected officials...?

VIP Member
    enough is enough already. They need to be defunded and lay off who ever is the purchase agent.
    dukalmighty likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

IMO, 360K rounds is about the right amount for 360 people's training for 2-3mos (max). Even if strictly meant for duty carry (quality JHP), it's only a few boxes for each of the thousands of sworn/badged folks.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Border Patrol shoots JHP for training,I know I've shot some,IIRC each agent is given 250 rounds a month of 40 S&W for practice,I saw a bunch of the BP ammo for sale at a gun show last weekend,not every agent shoots it they may give it away to friends and or sell it.
    I got some from a friend that had an agent give him a couple of cases a few years back and a bag with about another 500 rounds of loose ammo
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It's not this 360,000 it's the previous Millions and millions :(

I still cannot figure out why congress doesn't take it before the oversight committee.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

FOX is discussing the Hollow Point Ammo right now......seems that because of the Sequester and debt crises congressmen want to know about these purchases.....they say people are concerned for many reasons.
    bigsky109 likes this.

The border patrol and uscg are, in my opinion, the top two agencies that should receive more funding. Seriously, border security in these country is a tremendous problem. Give em more bullets as far as I'm concerned.

Diapers and Politicians should be changed often, both for the same reason..............

Now we all know why .40cal is hard to find. I see on Fox News that the local LEO offices are having trouble finding ammo as well. Now we will call 911 and get a message that a cop is on the way, please supply ammo to him when he arrives. SAD!
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Here is the solicitation:
    13--Commercial Leaded Training Ammo (CLTA)
    Solicitation Number: HSFLAR-13-Q-00020
    Agency: Department of Homeland Security
    Office: Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)
    Posted Date: March 21, 2013

Read More: https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=0

This is on top of the 1.6 - 2 Billion already procured. They explained the last buy as a combined buy to save money & now buying more. I don't care what the nay sayers say, the quantities still sound suspicious to me. Especially when combined with the 7000 assault rifles & 2700 light armored vehicles.

Other references: http://video.foxnews.com/v/225287085...=1621774019001

Government Cover-up of Ammo Buys Implodes Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Local Cops See Ammo Shortage While Congress Asks Big Sis: Bullets? Why You Need Those Stinkin? Bullets? : Personal Liberty Digest?
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links