Never Again Go Where Your Guns Are Banned

This is a discussion on Never Again Go Where Your Guns Are Banned within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For you geek gun owners out there. Never Again Go Where Your Guns Are Banned March 25, 2013 by Sam Rolley Do you refuse to ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SigPapa226

Thread: Never Again Go Where Your Guns Are Banned

For you geek gun owners out there.

March 25, 2013 by Sam Rolley

Do you refuse to patronize establishments that ban guns? Well, thanks to a new app, you can avoid places that are posted gun-free zones and find gun-friendly alternatives.

The “Gun Free Zone” app was released last month for Android, Apple and Amazon devices for free. The app’s developers claim it has the ability to identify the “nearest 20 commercial locations, including businesses, churches and schools, as either firearm friendly or gun free.” The app depends on user input to determine where guns are welcome and where they are not.

Read More: Never Again Go Where Your Guns Are Banned : Personal Liberty Digest?
    shooterX and Thompsonian like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

2. Remove Ads

I like the app but I think I'm the only one in the state of Colorado that uses it.
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCR 357
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    RMGO Member

I can walk right past a "no guns" sign with no law broken. Seems the lawmakers in my inbred, backards, redneck state seem to know how stupid that law really is and it isn't a law here.

I like the idea though for those of you in communist states.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    I dont need an app to tell where I cant carry my gun. And if for some reason they do find out I am carrying, they can simply ask me to leave. Ill take my money with me.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

saa
    For me, it's more about the spirit of support of 2A and general gun rights.

I don't care so much about signage, except for what carries weight of law here in Texas (which most establishments get wrong), but if a store/organization/company doesn't support the concept, rights, and safety that come with lawful ccw holders - then I'm not supporting them.

Many of these companies and organizations are not restaurants and retail stores. They are manufacturers, service providers, and other companies that you/I/we use - and pay - and then they use our own money in effort to defeat and weaken our own freedoms.

So I look at the culture of every company I deal with. It's easy and quick. Most don't hide their opinion.

If you (a business or organization) want my business, support, and loyalty - I expect the same from you for my rights and the sacrifices of the men and women who fight every day to give them to us.

Unfortunetely, the app falls short for me.
    saa.
    "Every man is my superior in some way, in that I learn of him." - Emerson

"The value of good work lasts far longer than the sting of working for too little money." - Patrick Truillio

Links