Paul, Cruz, Lee filibuster? CBS poll: waning gun control support

This is a discussion on Paul, Cruz, Lee filibuster? CBS poll: waning gun control support within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Reports: Filibuster threatened, CBS poll shows waning gun control support Republican Senators Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are threatening a filibuster against new ...

Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree18Likes
  • 10 Post By glockman10mm
  • 3 Post By stanislaskasava
  • 3 Post By mpbond
  • 2 Post By Mike1956

Thread: Paul, Cruz, Lee filibuster? CBS poll: waning gun control support

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Array DaveWorkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    539

    Paul, Cruz, Lee filibuster? CBS poll: waning gun control support

    Reports: Filibuster threatened, CBS poll shows waning gun control support

    Republican Senators Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Mike Lee are threatening a filibuster against new gun control legislation in the Senate when it is brought up for debate, according to several breaking news reports.

    Reports: Filibuster threatened, CBS poll shows waning gun control support - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array glockman10mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    7,857
    In Kentucky, we love Rand Paul!!!!

    It's about time this country had a President from our great state!
    krisspy, Badey, RMS and 7 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

  4. #3
    Member Array Bob3663's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Nw pa
    Posts
    34
    Bill S. 649. Harry's new gun crap he is pushing. Call your senators. Now is the time.

  5. #4
    Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    In Kentucky, we love Rand Paul!!!!

    It's about time this country had a President from our great state!
    I'm nowhere near Kentucky, but Rand Paul is extremely impressive. Highly intelligent, with Constitutional American values. Less government, more Liberty. 17% flat tax on income above $50,000. I can't think of anybody that I've ever wanted as president, as much as Rand Paul. Please, God... I'm praying for a miracle.
    BugDude, BigJon10125 and JDE101 like this.

  6. #5
    Member Array mpbond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    High Ridge, MO
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    I'm nowhere near Kentucky, but Rand Paul is extremely impressive. Highly intelligent, with Constitutional American values. Less government, more Liberty. 17% flat tax on income above $50,000. I can't think of anybody that I've ever wanted as president, as much as Rand Paul. Please, God... I'm praying for a miracle.
    You should look into Gary Johnson, just in case Rand Paul doesn't run. He ran last time and says he will again.
    BigJon10125, Pistology and ccw9mm like this.

  7. #6
    New Member Array chazc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    9
    I volunteer to fill their water glasses while their talking. These guys are what this country needs.

  8. #7
    VIP Member Array Ghost1958's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,696
    We should probably bring in a portable potty chair for them too. That is what ended the last filibuster
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

  9. #8
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    9,093
    Quote Originally Posted by mpbond View Post
    You should look into Gary Johnson, just in case Rand Paul doesn't run. He ran last time and says he will again.
    He got my vote last time, and will get it next time.
    ccw9mm and BigJon10125 like this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

    Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array BigJon10125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    He got my vote last time, and will get it next time.
    Mine too. Libertarians are the only true Patriots. Rand Paul is a RINO. He is libertarian at heart, but needs to ride the ticket. I'll take it. Better than the RINO's that are just coward democrats at heart.
    BigJon


    "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array oakchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,524
    Ya know, unless a Libertarian rides the Republican ticket, one cannot be elected, right? about a million folks voted for Johnson... okay, a million and a quarter...

    Now, I voted for the ex gov of Massachusetts, frankly I'm glad he didn't get elected... Because he would have been a Republican face selling EXACTLY what Obama is selling... as regards the second amendment. And there'd be more Republicans following the lead of the party leader...

    I am honestly praying that a Rand Paul or Cruz or somebody with some 2A TEETH run in the next Presidential election. And, unfortunately, unless we change the way the president is elected, we will never have a third party candidate as president...no matter how good he is...

    Facts is facts... and unless the world tips on it's axis, voting for a third party candidate is throwing your vote down the toilet... and may actually cause the one person you don't want to win to get in...

    I don't like this truth... but it is the truth... and until it changes, I have to vote for the man who has the least history of speaking about (in the case of Obama) or actually enacting (in the case of Romney) 2A infringements.

    I really had a very hard time voting for Romney... because of MA's gun laws... Obama had a wish list... but had actions that were in our (2A supporter's) favor. And if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.... Unfortunately, the slaughters of innocents in the past year have provided Mr. O a fine steed to ride... I can only hope the horse gets hobbled in the congress.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

  12. #11
    Senior Member Array kerberos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    741
    One word... catheter...

    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

  13. #12
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    9,093
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Ya know, unless a Libertarian rides the Republican ticket, one cannot be elected, right? about a million folks voted for Johnson... okay, a million and a quarter...

    Now, I voted for the ex gov of Massachusetts, frankly I'm glad he didn't get elected... Because he would have been a Republican face selling EXACTLY what Obama is selling... as regards the second amendment. And there'd be more Republicans following the lead of the party leader...

    I am honestly praying that a Rand Paul or Cruz or somebody with some 2A TEETH run in the next Presidential election. And, unfortunately, unless we change the way the president is elected, we will never have a third party candidate as president...no matter how good he is...

    Facts is facts... and unless the world tips on it's axis, voting for a third party candidate is throwing your vote down the toilet... and may actually cause the one person you don't want to win to get in...

    I don't like this truth... but it is the truth... and until it changes, I have to vote for the man who has the least history of speaking about (in the case of Obama) or actually enacting (in the case of Romney) 2A infringements.

    I really had a very hard time voting for Romney... because of MA's gun laws... Obama had a wish list... but had actions that were in our (2A supporter's) favor. And if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.... Unfortunately, the slaughters of innocents in the past year have provided Mr. O a fine steed to ride... I can only hope the horse gets hobbled in the congress.
    Voting for the lessor of two evils is still voting for evil. I'll pass.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

    Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

  14. #13
    Distinguished Member
    Array Pistology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coastal LA Cty
    Posts
    1,835
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Ya know, unless a Libertarian rides the Republican ticket, one cannot be elected, right? about a million folks voted for Johnson... okay, a million and a quarter...

    Now, I voted for the ex gov of Massachusetts, frankly I'm glad he didn't get elected... Because he would have been a Republican face selling EXACTLY what Obama is selling... as regards the second amendment. And there'd be more Republicans following the lead of the party leader...

    I am honestly praying that a Rand Paul or Cruz or somebody with some 2A TEETH run in the next Presidential election. And, unfortunately, unless we change the way the president is elected, we will never have a third party candidate as president...no matter how good he is...

    Facts is facts... and unless the world tips on it's axis, voting for a third party candidate is throwing your vote down the toilet... and may actually cause the one person you don't want to win to get in...

    I don't like this truth... but it is the truth... and until it changes, I have to vote for the man who has the least history of speaking about (in the case of Obama) or actually enacting (in the case of Romney) 2A infringements.

    I really had a very hard time voting for Romney... because of MA's gun laws... Obama had a wish list... but had actions that were in our (2A supporter's) favor. And if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.... Unfortunately, the slaughters of innocents in the past year have provided Mr. O a fine steed to ride... I can only hope the horse gets hobbled in the congress.
    So you might as well have voted closer to your true sympathies: Gary Johnson. You don't oppose libertarians on the fallacy that people are not responsible to run their lives without harming others but merely because the party doesn't have political leverage to vote the tyrants out. The Tea Party elected Sen. Paul and Ted Cruz and probably other defenders of 2A.

    You see that our pols and hacks have you voting against your own interests. The core of our founding respects that the only nature of government is force - the business end of a weapon - and that the only hope for human liberty is to apply that force only to those who would harm and who stalk and prey upon the innocent and their possessions and, especially, those who attack systematically our rights to life and liberty. Politics will continue in opposition to the constitution and to liberty and to personal responsibility until voters send a message loud and clear.

    Don't let them dumb it down. Our situation is vital. We've really got to get the message out to those who aren't hearing it, and we've got to stick to our guns - pun intended. We have the facts and the right and responsible treatment of those facts on our side. Our actions and votes determine the fate that we deserve: servitude and shame or individual liberty and responsibility.

    71923_10151507704986489_1832396941_n.jpg
    Last edited by Pistology; March 26th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

cruz lee filibuster

,

cruz paul lee gun control bill 649

,

paul cruz lee filibuster

Click on a term to search for related topics.