WH tells Paul, Lee, and Cruz not to filibuster gun control bill

This is a discussion on WH tells Paul, Lee, and Cruz not to filibuster gun control bill within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; WH tells Paul, Lee, and Cruz not to filibuster gun control bill March 26, 2013 | 3:11 pm | Modified: March 26, 2013 at 3:35 ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: WH tells Paul, Lee, and Cruz not to filibuster gun control bill

March 26, 2013 | 3:11 pm | Modified: March 26, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., and the two senators who provided the most support for his talking filibuster of the drone program intend to use less dramatic means to block the Senate gun control legislation, a move the White House suggested is insensitive to the victims of gun violence.

“We will oppose the motion to proceed to any legislation that will serve as a vehicle for any additional gun restrictions,” the lawmakers wrote to Senate Majority Harry Reid, D-Nev., in a letter on Friday.

The White House criticized the Republican senators’ decision. “To tell the families of those who lost their children to gun violence, that votes like this might be filibustered, I don’t think that would be welcome news,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said in a statement.

Read More: WH tells Paul, Lee, and Cruz not to filibuster gun control bill | WashingtonExaminer.com

King Obummer is going all out for his gun registration program. Email your friends & ask them to call/email their Congressmen to oppose gun control.
    Kennydale likes this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

The WH's statement doesn't even make sense... it is pure emotion, and no logic...
    SmokinFool and Poseidon like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Well the king likes to campaign. We have keep spreading the truth!
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I suggest no outright state that insensitive is flocking to parents whose childs bodies are still warm from a mass shooting like a bunch of buzzards and spoon feeding them a political agenda. They are in no condition to have half rational thoughts about having breakfast or not even now. Much less 24 hours after their child was murdered.

In fact ill go quite a ways past insensitive. It is and was barbaric, self serving, uncaring, cold hearted and cruel to the extreme.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Hopefully they will not listen to the White House. There is no viable reason they should listen to them.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Distinguished Member
    Most everything the WH has done lately hasn't made sense. So this fits right in. I hope none of the gun bills pass. What a message that would send!
    SmokinFool and BugDude like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Senior Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    This administration is great at taking advantage of people in their time of need. 1396 days left (until next inauguration).

Distinguished Member
    Ghost1958, I'm kinda confused about your post. What exactly are you trying to say? No disrespect intended.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

where in the oath does it say "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Whitehouse"?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    The WH's statement doesn't even make sense... it is pure emotion, and no logic...
    It makes all of the sense in the world once you accept the fact that our elected president is a big government, progressive, dictator wanna-be who believes that his subjects are too inadequate to govern their own actions. Gun control simply takes more authority for the government that he rules.
    SmokinFool likes this.

They have a hissy fit over the children killed at Sandy Hook. Who among them stands up for the 100000 unborn killed annually in the name of women's rights? This is hypocrisy to the nth degree.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Ghost1958, I'm kinda confused about your post. What exactly are you trying to say? No disrespect intended.
    None taken. Perhaps im a little well blunt when it come to this.
    For the WH who has used the Sandy Hook Shooting and every grieving parent from it that they could tote in front of a camera to bolster their anti position, to call ANYONE insensitive toward those parents is simply hogwash.

I have been where they are now. I know 99 percent of them still have trouble thinking clearly on the simplest of every day subjects. I know they want to lash out over their childs death. They cant rip the shooter limb from limb.
    So the antis rushed to their side cameras in tow, talking bout evil guns blah blah. If we could only beat beat the evil gun owners and get common sense laws etc etc. And used as many of these parents as they could in the news and statement on camera to bolster their gun grab.
    Not one from Obama down gives a rats behind about that shooting or the children killed there or their parents. And they know what they are pushing is lies and wont do anything to stop another shooting.
    Now the WH says " OH you shouldnt filibuster our power grab. It would be insensitive to those parents not to allow a vote on our garbage bills we want to pass to restrict guns."

This after using the same grieving parents like condoms in a brothel in an effort to pass more anti gun laws. It makes me physically sick.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I suggest no outright state that insensitive is flocking to parents whose childs bodies are still warm from a mass shooting like a bunch of buzzards and spoon feeding them a political agenda. They are in no condition to have half rational thoughts about having breakfast or not even now. Much less 24 hours after their child was murdered.

In fact ill go quite a ways past insensitive. It is and was barbaric, self serving, uncaring, cold hearted and cruel to the extreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    oldnfat, not meaning to take away from Ghost's ire, but rather, to clarify what he said... Does this help?

I suggest... No, I outright state: Insensitive is flocking to parents whose child's bodies are still warm from a mass shooting; like a bunch of buzzards... And then spoon-feeding those parents a political agenda. Those parents are in no condition to have even half-rational thoughts about having breakfast, or not having it, even today. Much less just 24 hours after their child was murdered.

In fact, I'll go quite a ways past insensitive. It is and was barbaric, self serving, uncaring, cold-hearted, and cruel to the extreme.

And, IMO, Ghost is right... They say that to accuse them of standing in the blood of the children is barbaric, yet that is exactly what the anti gunners are doing... They had their proposed legislation ready to present for months and perhaps years but rather than take it to a public that might not give it a RATIONAL thought, they waited, patiently, until the "perfect storm" of tragedy occurred...

They might have tried after the Aurora Theater shooting... But, perhaps they did not because Hollywood was "part of the story" (in some way). The killer dresses as an anti-hero from the very movie being played.

They could have attempted after the Clackamas mall shooting, but not enough people died, and perhaps they knew before we did that a CCW holder actually may have stopped the shooter from further mayhem by merely pointing his handgun at the shooter.

But then... Sandy Hook... Innocent... Little.... Young... Children.... Heroic... Unarmed teachers... and administrators... Against the very type of weapon that they wanted to take from the American Public... and they had known, and admitted on tape, that they must strike while the grief is at it's peak... and that the window for action was small...

Add a madman in New York State shooting firefighters and first responders, with the same weapon.... and reiterate that the weapon of choice at Clackamas was the same as both that, and the first weapon at Aurora... folks... we have a bingo... Don't hold your cards, we are all in on this one... Now or never...

And now that some truth is spilling out... after the cries in the wilderness from those of us who care... that banning the weapons does no good... that criminals will continue to get guns regardless of background checks... and that the only people being penalized are truly the law abiding... their momentum slows.... at least at the federal level...

Some states had to pass legislation in the dark of night, hush hush... secret votes... And others did it in the open... against all the voters who dared to show up.. against their own law enforcement officials...

On the Federal level They are pulling out ALL the stops... they are doing everything they can... The WhiteHouse is using Strong Arm tactics... the MAIG is throwing many MM$$ at it.... the press is showing what the antis are advertising without pay.... and calling it news...

And we are reacting... a half step behind.... We can only hope it's enough
    msgt/ret, ANGLICO, Tzadik and 8 others like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    The White House criticized the Republican senators’ decision. “To tell the families of those who lost their children to gun violence, that votes like this might be filibustered, I don’t think that would be welcome news,” White House Propaganda Minister Jay Carney said in a statement.
    Welcome news would be to do away with “Gun Free” zones and any other impediments preventing the ability of parents or any other caretakers to properly protect children.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Thanks Oakchas. Being furious and not highly educated combined doenst make me a very good writer. Not that Im very good at writing down what I think anyway.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links