WV Legislature trying to expand reciprocity

This is a discussion on WV Legislature trying to expand reciprocity within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; SB 369 Text A BILL to amend and reenact 61-7-6 and 61-7-6a of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, all relating to allowing ...

SB 369 Text

A BILL to amend and reenact 61-7-6 and 61-7-6a of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, all relating to allowing a resident of another state to carry a handgun in West Virginia if the person holds a valid permit or license to possess or carry a handgun from the other state and the other state allows residents of West Virginia who are licensed in West Virginia to carry a concealed deadly weapon to carry a concealed deadly weapon in that state.
    Senate Bill 369, sponsored by Senate Majority Leader John Unger (D-16), passed in the Senate Judiciary Committee today on a voice vote. SB 369 would increase the number of states that recognize a West Virginia Concealed Pistol/Revolver Permit and allow residents of another state, who hold a valid out-of-state permit or license, to carry in West Virginia.

SB 369 now goes to the Senate floor
    As much as I dislike politicians, it seems that some around here are either really supporters of the 2A or trying to curry votes for the next election cycle.
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

I read this earlier to today. I have emailed and called my state senators' offices and asked the to support this bill.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RookWV View Post

As much as I dislike politicians, it seems that some around here are either really supporters of the 2A or trying to curry votes for the next election cycle.
    Sadly the latter. I know of no politicians that will ever fall on their sword in the name of "what is right.".
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Links