Gun Control - Think of the Children

This is a discussion on Gun Control - Think of the Children within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So when the White House, and certain democrat senators that I will not name, have made their case for gun control, it has boiled down ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Gun Control - Think of the Children

So when the White House, and certain democrat senators that I will not name, have made their case for gun control, it has boiled down to, "think of the children."

Now I am not wanting to minimize the tragedy of what happened in Connecticut, but I want to offer a different perspective; "Think of the Veterans."

So 26 people died in Connecticut; that is tragic. However, how many American soldiers have died fighting to defend our freedoms here in this country? Hundreds of thousands!!

The antis are saying, "don't let these children's deaths be in vain..." So, why is no one saying, "Don't let these soldiers deaths be in vain."
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

If such debates were truly about protecting our children, then those discussions would be drenched in fact after fact about the deterrent effect that armed citizens have on bad guys.

Instead, we are subjected to mindless emotional diatribes that are nothing more than a search for more effective slogans to work unrelenting erosion against our 2nd Amendment in a never-ending marketing campaign, funded by the extreme left.

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    So when the White House, and certain democrat senators that I will not name, have made their case for gun control, it has boiled down to, "think of the children."

Now I am not wanting to minimize the tragedy of what happened in Connecticut, but I want to offer a different perspective; "Think of the Veterans."
    Keeping and bearing arms most definitely IS for the People ... children, veterans, families, friends, neighbors. All of us. Protection against predation, foreign and domestic. It is a cornerstone of who we are, the right to protect what we most love and cherish, at the point of a "sword" if need be.

Flushing a cornerstone value away merely because a few have gone soft is no reason at all, as predation still exists in this wild and wooly world. Besides which, it is offensive in the extreme to have hired staff dare tell their employers (uh, that would be us) what we may and may not do with respect to our right to be armed and protect all that we most love.

It IS for the children, the vets, and everyone else that we do this. Damned straight.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; March 28th, 2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: splingg, gremmuhr
    mulle46 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

RKM
    I think of the children all the time. I make sure that when there are children at my house, ALL of my firearms all locked up. Excluding the one that is on my person.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It IS for the children, the vets, and everyone else that we do this. Damned straight.
    That pretty much sums it up.

Lead Moderator
    Moved to 2nd amend forum .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Damn straight. Think of the children. It is one of the best reasons to carry.

-john
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

The antis are saying, "don't let these children's deaths be in vain..." So, why is no one saying, "Don't let these soldiers deaths be in vain."
    Let alone the ~73M children under the age of 18 who are under direct threat of being less-effectively defended.

I don't hear ANY anti-gunners speaking of these 73M kids (our living kids), let alone the rest of us. All seeking to destroy our ability to defend them because of their abject fear of not having uber-control, of 26 victims of a murderer and one dead psychopath.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Excellent point - that will never be heard on mainstream media outlets. People are saying it but since it doesn't fit media's agenda, it's only heard at the grassroot's level.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I'm not trying to "Godwin" this discussion, but putting this statement out for use on other forums and discussion boards.

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation." Adolph Hitler
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

" So, why is no one saying, "Don't let these soldiers deaths be in vain."
    Smug little politicians and the mindless types who support them working to throw away what so many good men and women have sacrificed for and even died to preserve should infuriate us all. Trying to disguise their fool's errand as something for the children is just too dishonest .

VIP Member
    I am thinking of the children. My 2 grown sons. I don't want them to have to live the rest of their lives in fear, and possibly remembering their father was gunned down by some low life scumbag.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I do think of the children.

I think of the children whose father defended their home against evil men seeking entrance in the night.

I think of the children whose mother confronted devils in human form who saught to defile her and her babies.

I think of the children who, of their own accord, took up arms to defend themselves and their siblings against home invaders.

"If it saves one life..." we hear from our servants in Washington. Sounds good to the sheep, I'm sure. What I hear, however, are the cries of those who are rendered defenseless against the evils of the world by the actions of politicians. What of their lives? How many lives are they going to sacrifice via disarmament in order to save this one life they keep referring to?
    wmhawth likes this.

Why would anyone not want armed school resource officers in the schools for the children? I simply don't understand why that idea meets with so much resistance.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    George Orwell

I commend those who have and will stand watch on the wall for us to sleep in freedom.

"MOLON LABE"
    "come and take them"
    King Leonidas of Sparta

Quote Originally Posted by latentcarry View Post
    Why would anyone not want armed school resource officers in the schools for the children?
    Same reason they don't want lawfully armed citizens in the schools.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links