Boycot of IL Business

This is a discussion on Boycot of IL Business within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Given our current political climate, I was looking for a way to enlist potential non-gunners in our push on legislatures for 2A rights. Here is ...

Thread: Boycot of IL Business

VIP Member

Boycot of IL Business

Given our current political climate, I was looking for a way to enlist potential non-gunners in our push on legislatures for 2A rights. Here is a note I sent to Weathertech - a floormat manufacturer. It is just a thought.

Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors | WeatherTech.com

I have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I am looking for winter/rubber style floor mats. The factory versions don't last too long. I would love to buy your product, but, given that you are located in Illinois, a state that fails to support the second amendment, I will continue my search.

I just thought you should know how the politics of your state are impacting your business.

Sincerely,
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Boycots..(i.e) hitting them in the pocket book, does work.

Isn't it a sad day when money, wealth and power trumps what is right and wrong?
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Worth doing. Every little bit of pressure to do the right thing helps, even if it's pressure on business to aid the People in the right for liberty.

Respectful, straight-up communications about the impacts of liberty-hating "leaders" and a company's affiliation with such a state can often be effective in opening eyes to the realities of ramifications of such things. On a small scale, it's similar to Magpul packing its bags out of Colorado, though it's something each of us can do.

Kudos for helping to make the point, with the companies you find.

I do the same.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I like your approach. Question though... if you can find mats made in a pro-2A state, then all is well and good. If not, wouldn't Illinois would be a better choice than China?

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I like your approach. Question though... if you can find mats made in a pro-2A state, then all is well and good. If not, wouldn't Illinois would be a better choice than China?
    Kinda the same thing, ain't it?
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Quote Originally Posted by TxCommish View Post
    Kinda the same thing, ain't it?
    Not all of Illinois, but Chicago for sure.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Links