Sheriffs in Texas may be looking for jobs...

This is a discussion on Sheriffs in Texas may be looking for jobs... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If they oppose federal law regarding second amendment infringements... According to MSN, so take it with salt block.jpg Story here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Sheriffs in Texas may be looking for jobs...

Sheriffs in Texas may be looking for jobs...

If they oppose federal law regarding second amendment infringements...

According to MSN, so take it with salt block.jpg

Story here
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

I don't think so. There is only one liberal nut bag pushing this. Besides, this is on MSN., that should tell us something.

I applaud the Sheriffs.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

And only one liberal nutbag news agency reporting it too!

Wouldn't the citizens just elect another Sheriff who would defy the orders? And then another? And then another?
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

They're Sworn to an Oath......and they know it. IMO....These politicians need to be voted out of office.....priority 1.
    SmokinFool, msgt/ret and ccw9mm like this.

Distinguished Member
    It would be nice to hear more about this bill that was introduced. Does it have any co-sponsers? Does it have any chance at all to advance?
    I'm guessing the answer to both questions is "no".

If it happens in Texas, I quite.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    If it happens in Texas, I quite.
    It proves we have idiot Democrats here in Tx too! It'll never pass.

Texas Democrat Proposes Legislation That Would Remove Sheriffs Who Refuse to Enforce Gun Control Laws From Office | Video | TheBlaze.com

Why doesn't Obama get fired for not enforcing Federal law then???

There are 5 sheriffs i know in S.C. who have said this publicly.What i'm wondering is, there is a bill alive now,called S.C. Firearms Freedom Act,which says pretty much the same thing.I wonder,if it passes will someone,try to fire our state political leaders as well?Smh.I'm sorry they are trying to get them fired.Hopefully,it won't pass,and no one here,will try that crap.

This bill is DOA. Just looked and it isn't even on the bill status report. This was the brilliant idea of one of the Democrats from Dallas. Even in Texas we have to be aware that they are among us...

OK Enforce which law?

The one that says "shall not be infringed"? or the other laws that are supposed to be subserviant to it?

The Sheriffs that are refusing to carry out unlawful orders are OBEYING the law.
    peckman28 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    These sheriffs are not standing against the federal government by standing for the Constitution they swore to preserve, protect and defend. The right thing is not always the easy thing.
    airslot likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

somebody is bluffing big time. County Sheriffs have supreme authority within their counties, and answer to no one at the Federal Level.

If an elected County Sheriff does not want to enforce a law in his county, it is within his authority to do so.....and elected officials such
    as all county sheriffs are elected by the people and can't just be fired because Obama is mad at them.

...as usual, the left is just making this stuff up as they go with their scare tactics and "for the children" drivel, when we all know the ultimate
    agenda is complete disarmament of the American People.

I work with two Florida Deputy Sheriffs, and they just are chomping at the bit for the Feds to try something in Florida. Sheriff of their County has already said to the
    Federal Gun Control: NOPE, not on my watch.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I would think that most of the Sheriff's in TX might be registered Democrats (I could be wrong on this). There is a distinct difference of opinion on this matter that separates Sheriffs (Voted into office) From Police Chiefs (Appointed into office). I am just measuring the opinion I hear. But I would bet that is there is a mass gun confiscation in TEXAS..... It won't be pretty.

419328_10150614403854093_987302454_n.jpg Welcome to Texas.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by siber View Post
    It proves we have idiot Democrats here in Tx too! It'll never pass.

Texas Democrat Proposes Legislation That Would Remove Sheriffs Who Refuse to Enforce Gun Control Laws From Office | Video | TheBlaze.com

Why doesn't Obama get fired for not enforcing Federal law then???

I would make it my life's work to make sure this idiot from Dallas is NEVER reelected again.....just ask (rest her soul) Ann Richards how the anti-gun
    thing worked out for her re-election against George Bush for Governor in 1994.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links