Grassley Crafts New Gun Bill

This is a discussion on Grassley Crafts New Gun Bill within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No real details. Gun control debate intensifies as Grassley crafts new bill - CNN.com Gun control debate intensifies as Grassley crafts new bill By Alan ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Grassley Crafts New Gun Bill

VIP Member

Grassley Crafts New Gun Bill

No real details.

Gun control debate intensifies as Grassley crafts new bill - CNN.com

Gun control debate intensifies as Grassley crafts new bill

By Alan Silverleib and Laurie Ure, CNN
    updated 11:13 AM EDT, Fri March 29, 2013

STORY HIGHLIGHTS:

√ Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley is putting together a new gun control bill

√ Grassley is skeptical of new background checks -- an issue at the heart of the debate

√ Grassley's bill could provide cover for red state Democrats and some Republicans

√ Obama urges Congress not to get "squishy" on gun control

SNIP

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Sen. Grassley is putting together a bill to reduce gun violence without violating the constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens," spokeswoman Beth Levine told CNN.
    That's promising, at least. Amazing: a senator stridently avoiding destruction of the constitution while going directly after crime and criminals. What a concept. May it catch hold like a brushfire on the prairie.
    DaveH and SmokinFool like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    A bit more insight / background; but not any details on the actual work-in-progress bill:

Chuck Grassley writing alternative Senate gun bill - John Bresnahan and Manu Raju - POLITICO.com
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Are all the reps ours theirs anti pro totally devoid of any common sense at all?
    When will they get through their thick skulls that there does not need to be any discussion because there does not need to be ANY gun control bill to discuss.

IF they are discussing any kind of gun control regulation at all in any shape form or fashion other than a repeal of the existing regulations they are as bad as the worst anti gun person and not to be trusted

If they agree to give one inch in any area, they are not to be trusted and as big a threat as the most rabid anti gun person to 2A and the Constitution.

That would include anti 2a legislators, pro 2a legislators that waffle and discuss, the NRA if they give an inch, or anyone else or any pro 2A or anti 2a group.

Ive stopped giving passes to folks that just arent after our gun rights but to those who take one step backward and dont push forward to get rid of this ignorance. Checks, mental checks, nothing. Shall not be infringed means what it says end of darn story.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Links