Defensive Carry banner

2nd Amendment never was and isnt now a legitimate subject of discussion.

3K views 67 replies 28 participants last post by  CanuckQue 
#1 ·
I normally dont start threads but I feel compelled to state what follows.

After being on this forum for a while and seeing all the back and forth about federal supremacy, what SCOTUS has ruled over the years concerning 2A, reading 2A, and contemplating it for much more time than I should ever have been forced too, even I with my limited intelligence can get grasp of it.

Discussing what it means is a waste of time. It very clearly states what it means in plain English. And that meaning isnt left up for debate. 2A does not grant the right to keep and bear arms it confirms it. It does not grant ANY branch of government, at any level, or court at any level, authority to limit or regulate the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Whatever arms they wish, where ever they wish, in any manner they wish.

Not only does it not grant that authority to any person, branch of government, court etc, it expressly forbids and denies that authority to anyone.

People in power, and governments being what they are, that the ink wasnt dry on the document before someone started trying to weaken 2A and claim some authority to weaken it was inevitable. That does not however change one word of 2A or the meaning. Whatever authority these people and government took for themselves they did illegally in violation of the Constitution and 2A. The courts that upheld these illegal power grabs were forbidden to do so. The only correct move a court can possibly make when faced with a proposed regulation of 2A is to strike it down totally. And recommend the prosecution of those that proposed it in violation of the Constitution.

Beyond that SCOTUS nor any other court has authority over 2A but to uphold it in its entirety. They were never granted authority to interpret 2A or its language only abide by it.

There is a prescribed method to change 2a by the required number of states etc. And that is the only way it can be legally limited or regulated.

Everything else done over the years that we have allowed to happen is our and our forefathers own fault concerning our rights to keep and bear arms. That is debatable, and probably should be discussed at length. For we had our rights guaranteed for us and have allowed them to be taken by our own laziness, apathy, and inaction.

However debating the meaning of what 2a states, which is the God given right of the people to keep and bear arms, free from infringement by ANYONE at any time, is an exercise in futility and intellectually dishonest. My take, my belief. YMMV

See less See more
#67 ·
Ol' Samuel Clemens said it well:

The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

-- Mark Twain​

The 2A shall not be infringed. The hired staff have their marching orders. Let 'em march, forced if need be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.