Pop vox "common sense legislation" from MAIG

This is a discussion on Pop vox "common sense legislation" from MAIG within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There is a poll on pop vox supposedly started by the mayors against gun violence. I found it through a link going around on Facebook, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pop vox "common sense legislation" from MAIG

There is a poll on pop vox supposedly started by the mayors against gun violence. I found it through a link going around on Facebook, but I don't know how to grab it and put it here. I'm sure if you go to popvox and search you should be able to find it, and voice your own opinion

Here's a link directly to the poll: Common-Sense Legislation to End Gun Violence.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thanks. I knew how to post the link, but I couldn't find the link to post cause I went through Facebook. Thanks for your assistance

Apparently it doesnt allow you to vote opposed at least it wouldnt let me do so
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I was able to vote opposed. Maybe a browser issue?

There is a problem with the site right now. I was on popvox earlier today with no problems. Problems now, 2115 hours.

Update: 2140 hours & popvox seems to be back up.

Never Mind. The site seems to be sick tonight, it comes & goes as to being responsive.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    There is a problem with the site right now. I was on popvox earlier today with no problems. Problems now, 2115 hours.
    Ok ill hit it later
    thanks
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Popvox has a section specifically about guns & gun control. A couple of the bills are good, but most are bad. There are about 50 of them. You need to look carefully because some of the titles are very misleading. If the bill is sponsored by a Dem it will be bad 99.99% of the time. Right now, with Obama's push on gun control, NO Dem is going to put in a pro gun bill. That is a fact.

I'm not positive, but that the link above & the associated page is not a bill since there is no bill title, number or sponsor & has 60 K hits. The other ~ 50bills (see below) are in this congress and are overwhelmingly against more gun control. They run about 90%+ opposed to gun control. Therefore the link above with all the pro-gun control does not make sense. I think MAIG had time to "drum up business" & have their allies hit their proposed "common sense gun control" before anyone else even realized it was there. It says ~62K votes, but when I voted it showed up on my home page as being the ~42 K vote????? Big discrepancies on what is going on.

The POPVOX Blog
    Issue Spotlight: Firearms and Gun Control

by rachna on March 27, 2013

POPVOX - Issue Spotlight: Firearms and Gun Control - POPVOX.com

Please weigh in on each of the ~50 bills. It is important.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

currently at 81% in favor.

Hit it if you can, we need more to oppose...

I had already sent it in... according to Popvox
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

One thing I wish Popvox had: a mechanism to send a copy of our replies to ALL members of congress. (Perhaps that's on the paid version.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It pisses me off to no end that our supposedly "Republican" mayor here is part of MAIG. But, after all, he is a NJ transplant with possible mafia ties in his past...

(Mike Rawlings if anyone is curious)

It appears you have to register at that site in order for your vote to count.........

I voted and it said I opposed it then they asked if I wanted them to notify my representative in Washington how I voted....... That is when they wanted me to register....... I didn't and went back and checked the "Opposed" total and it was still 12091..... Oh well......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Love how they word that: "I oppose Common Sense Gun Legislation".
    ANGLICO likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I voted in opposition and sent a note to my Senators, not that they have listened to me yet, but at least they'll know I'm still out here fighting their wicked ways.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    While we are at the site please look at all the other bills introduced by Democrats, and oppose them also. See S. 147 by Barbara Boxer D Cal. She calls it "Common Sense Concealed Firearms Act". (what a joke!). This will turn Shall issue regulations into NY style May issue nationwide, ensuring that only the well connected get permits.

This is from the bill:

"Demonstrate good cause for requesting a concealed firearm permit; and demonstrate that the applicant is worthy of the public trust to carry a concealed firearm in public".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links