Cut To The Chase, Congress, and Vote

This is a discussion on Cut To The Chase, Congress, and Vote within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As this fiasco continues, we, the end users are the only ones who suffer. The manufacturers are shipping everything as fast as they can get ...

Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm
  • 2 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By Hopyard
  • 2 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By Doghandler
  • 1 Post By Exacto

Thread: Cut To The Chase, Congress, and Vote

  1. #1
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,160

    Cut To The Chase, Congress, and Vote

    As this fiasco continues, we, the end users are the only ones who suffer. The manufacturers are shipping everything as fast as they can get it loaded on the trucks. Inventory flies as soon as it hits the shelves. The gun rights groups are enjoying memberships and contributions at record highs. The elected officials keep their names in the news whichever side of the the fence they are on, all while economic and environmental woes go virtually un-addressed.

    Throughout all this, many first time buyers are purchasing over-priced guns they will seldom if ever shoot, and driving up ammo prices for stockpiles they will never shoot. Enough already. Vote, and let the cards fall where they may.
    wmhawth likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    15,903
    "Put your money where your mouth is" approach? "Put up or shut up"?

    I tend to agree. Let the Antis make their play and we'll see where it goes.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,038
    Cut To The Chase, Congress, and Vote
    And yet, the longer they wait, the weaker their platitudes become. They simply don't have facts to back it up. And fear-mongering only lasts so long, is only so effective.

    Hopefully the tidal wave of resentment and outrage at such tactics will continue to build, and hopefully everything'll get said that needs to be said. More power to Paul/Cruz et al with the filibuster fight that's coming. Hopefully, the sneaks in the congress won't pull a fast one and attempt to ram something through under everyone's noses.

    In the long run, I hope we get something out of this: iron-clad rules in the Senate and House that (a) nothing related to X gets shoved onto a bill fundamentally about Y; and (b) nothing gets voted on until everyone has had all the say they want, on the issue. I highly doubt they'll ever get back to the basics, in this regard, but that's my fervent wish. IMO, it would significantly help to (at least somewhat) curb the politically-motivated stupidity and force debate and consideration of these things. (I know, I know: wishful thinking in the extreme.)
    mkh and inneyeseakay like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  5. #4
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,142
    Voting only comes around once or twice a year, keep the cards, letters, calls, faxes and emails going to your legislators both on the federal, state and local level. Leave no doubt where you stand, also print out letters for friends for them to sign and send.
    bigdog44 and Doghandler like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  6. #5
    Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West Branch
    Posts
    1,936
    Yes. Debate and vote. It's what we are. Why is this so hard?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

  7. #6
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,574
    I agree, and The House can go first with a 2A protection act.
    Doghandler likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  8. #7
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,160
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    And yet, the longer they wait, the weaker their platitudes become. They simply don't have facts to back it up. And fear-mongering only lasts so long, is only so effective.

    Hopefully the tidal wave of resentment and outrage at such tactics will continue to build, and hopefully everything'll get said that needs to be said. More power to Paul/Cruz et al with the filibuster fight that's coming. Hopefully, the sneaks in the congress won't pull a fast one and attempt to ram something through under everyone's noses.

    In the long run, I hope we get something out of this: iron-clad rules in the Senate and House that (a) nothing related to X gets shoved onto a bill fundamentally about Y; and (b) nothing gets voted on until everyone has had all the say they want, on the issue. I highly doubt they'll ever get back to the basics, in this regard, but that's my fervent wish. IMO, it would significantly help to (at least somewhat) curb the politically-motivated stupidity and force debate and consideration of these things. (I know, I know: wishful thinking in the extreme.)
    Conversely, the longer they wait, the closer the next mass shooting draws near, allowing the same roundy-round over and over again.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Yes. Debate and vote. It's what we are. Why is this so hard?
    'Cause if it comes to actual debate, they'll need to actually justify what's being proposed and pushed. Can't do that and retain their honor or credibility (what little they've got left, that is).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  10. #9
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,160
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    'Cause if it comes to actual debate, they'll need to actually justify what's being proposed and pushed. Can't do that and retain their honor or credibility (what little they've got left, that is).
    True, but the proponents of gun control aren't the ones openly trying to keep it from a vote.
    Doghandler and Hopyard like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  11. #10
    Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West Branch
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I agree, and The House can go first with a 2013 Second Amendment Protection Act.
    Fixed that for ya.
    Hopyard likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

  12. #11
    New Member Array jkshelgore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Conversely, the longer they wait, the closer the next mass shooting draws near, allowing the same roundy-round over and over again.

    So, do you think that is what they are waiting for? Another massacre to boost the votes? Hate to think that this government would go to such lengths...sad days we live in.

  13. #12
    mkh
    mkh is offline
    Distinguished Member Array mkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Foxhole somewhere in Jacksonville
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by jkshelgore View Post
    So, do you think that is what they are waiting for? Another massacre to boost the votes? Hate to think that this government would go to such lengths...sad days we live in.
    I would hate to think that too but it would not surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me if the next shooting was "manufactured" for just such a thing.

  14. #13
    Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,613
    They don't want a vote on gun control before the 2014 elections, they want to keep control of the senate and take the house. Their strategy is to keep dragging it out and blaming the Republicans as usual for not having new gun control measures. Then, after the elections are over you can look out.
    bigdog44 likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

    The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

  15. #14
    Member Array wtexasprincipal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    They don't want a vote on gun control before the 2014 elections, they want to keep control of the senate and take the house. Their strategy is to keep dragging it out and blaming the Republicans as usual for not having new gun control measures. Then, after the elections are over you can look out.
    God help us if the House goes to the Dems next year!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •