Glad I Live in Alabama!

This is a discussion on Glad I Live in Alabama! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a quote from my represenative, Barry Mask, in the paper today: "Taking away guns here? That's like someone asking is we were goin ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Glad I Live in Alabama!

Glad I Live in Alabama!

This is a quote from my represenative, Barry Mask, in the paper today:

"Taking away guns here? That's like someone asking is we were goin to get rid of Alabama and Auburn football."

It's nice living in a conservative state...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Yep, there is something to be said for Alabama, besides football and barbeque

Now if they would just make homebrewing legal
    tony1990, johnbergsing and mano3 like this.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Im jealous (of that aspect)!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Not being from Alabama but living here for the past 10 years, I'm more concerned about our 2A rights than Alabama or Auburn football. (That and I was raised watching NFL, not NCAA...)

Anyway, I do love living here if for no other reason the fact that the state does not interfere with a law-abiding citizen owning firearms.

We do need to get that home brewing thing worked out, though...
    ArmyCop likes this.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

He has my vote.
    mano3 likes this.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Sweet Home Alabama. Maybe I'll be able to move back there, soon.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I am glad you live in Alabama too. Oh, I thought this was a poll. :) Alabama is one of the few Southern States I have not spent much time in so I really do not know it. I do not know what I am. My family came from Italy and settled in the Carolinas to work in the furniture mills. My grandparents missed their family and worked their way north to board a ship to go back home. In the process my dad and uncles were all born in southern States. When they got to NYC they found out that their brothers and sisters had arrived from Italy and so they settled there. One brother settled in Virginia where there is still a large group of my family and the third brother settled in New England. I grew up in NYC but moved to Texas right after serving in Vietnam and then moved around a bit and now am living in Florida. I am so mixed up that I often say Youse All. :)
    The Old Gunhand - gun news all in one place.

Somehow I ended up with only Sigs, HKs and S&W J-frames.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "Glad I Live in Alabama!"

Me too. Florida is already too crowded.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I was born and raised in Alabama. This makes me proud.

And Roll Tide!
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Roll Tide! With the exception of a few sheriffs, we enjoy some of the most liberal gun laws in the country. And I mean liberal in a good way.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

War Eagle, and I agree! It's a great state! :-)
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Louisiana is kinda the same; we used to be called, "The Sportsman's Paradise". Trying to take away our guns is like trying to take away our fishing tackle.
    ArmyCop, mano3 and goldshellback like this.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Roll tide... not no tigers or war eagles or whatever identity crisis Auburn is having lol...

I have family all over the state.
    smolck and SpringerXD like this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Ironically, I was just talking with my cousin (he lives in AL) and there is legislation being introduced to change from Shall Issue to May Issue for CCW.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Ironically, I was just talking with my cousin (he lives in AL) and there is legislation being introduced to change from Shall Issue to May Issue for CCW.
    The way I read the legislation, it's the other way around. Alabama is a "may issue" state right now but the bill would, among other things, change that to a "shall issue" state.
    ArmyCop likes this.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links