NH House Passes Criminal Protection Bill

This is a discussion on NH House Passes Criminal Protection Bill within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; An end to the right of self defence. Pointing a weapon at a burglar in your residence, you are a ADW criminal. That passed? NRA-ILA ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: NH House Passes Criminal Protection Bill

NH House Passes Criminal Protection Bill

An end to the right of self defence. Pointing a weapon at a burglar in your residence, you are a ADW criminal. That passed?

NRA-ILA | New Hampshire House Passes Shurtleff Criminal Protection Bill

2. Remove Ads

They just keep chipping away at us.

Somedays I wish I would've never started paying attention. Parts of this country are circling the drain and some people are happy about it. I fear for America.
    OldVet, RichB70, airslot and 6 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

"Criminal Protection" is a phrase that should never be uttered by anyone, anywhere, ever. This has to be one of the most asinine things I've ever read. My sympathy to the law abiding citizens of NH.
    Ghost1958, OldVet, Exacto and 1 others like this.

Since when do we protect the criminals? Why?
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Another law to make criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Exacto likes this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    So much for live free

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Somedays I wish I would've never started paying attention. Parts of this country are circling the drain and some people are happy about it. I fear for America.
    And we're ALL watching it circle the drain.... Just watching... wondering if we're next.

eye drain.jpeg
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    We just have to face the fact that certain areas of this country, even those who originally and ever since have stood firmly for freedom and liberty, have lost faith in the independence of the law-abiding citizen.
    RichB70 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by IBGoodToGo View Post
    An end to the right of self defence. Pointing a weapon at a burglar in your residence, you are a ADW criminal. That passed?
    Above statement in bold is not correct (and hasn't passed yet).

The bullet point that you are referencing (the first one of the 3), limits the right to self-defense to ONLY your place of residence, and prohibits self defense anywhere / everywhere else. I guess all you NH future crime victims of car jackings, rape, robbery, assualt, gang attacks, murder, etc., while away from home, will just have to brush up on your "Fetal Position" skills. My heart-felt condolences.

•Eliminates the provision that allows a person to use deadly force anywhere he or she has a legal right to be. This limits an individual’s ability to defend themselves or a third party from assault to their own place of residence.

Meaning, your residence is the only safe haven for self defense. Anywhere else that you may be, rightfully and legally so, you are "SKA ... RUDE", you cannot defend yourself. Don't get me wrong, this is still disgusting to the core, but they haven't completely gone "UK" yet ... but close. As this reads, a person can still defend themselves in their own residence, but nowhere else.
    Last edited by KimBobTex; April 2nd, 2013 at 04:49 PM.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

another example of the law of unintended consequences: if POINTING your gun at a criminal is an illegal use of deadly force, then why not just shoot the guy. after all, if you're going to be arrested on a use of deadly force violation, why not get your money's worth?

this ridiculous proposal isn't law yet, though. at least i assume so, since only one branch of the NH legislature has passed it at this point.
    sdprof likes this.

The OP was a little off the mark, kimbob cleared up his errors. The sad thing is it's basically an attempt to repeal a set of laws that were just enacted in 2011. In 2 years we've gone from progress to moving backwards, hopefully it won't happen.

If this passes you can still defend yourself outside of your residence, but you have a duty to retreat if possible, basically no more stand your ground. The law as it stands now states that brandishing to deter a criminal is considered non lethal force, if this passes it will revert to being lethal force like it was prior to 2011.

mkh
    Well, if I lived in NH I guess i would never go out of the house. Too dangerous to do anything else.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Wow. I too feel for you guys that live there

Yay! A new Detroit!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links