U.N. General Assembly passes "Global Gun Control"

This is a discussion on U.N. General Assembly passes "Global Gun Control" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; UN General Assembly Passes Global Gun Control The Obama administration supported the draft treaty as passed, and Obama will have the opportunity to sign it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: U.N. General Assembly passes "Global Gun Control"

Distinguished Member

U.N. General Assembly passes "Global Gun Control"

UN General Assembly Passes Global Gun Control

The Obama administration supported the draft treaty as passed, and Obama will have the opportunity to sign it on June 3.

Sigh...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    UN General Assembly Passes Global Gun Control

The Obama administration supported the draft treaty as passed, and Obama will have the opportunity to sign it on June 3.

Sigh...
    If it gets ratified.... Some say, "It'll never happen here!" I say "Never say never; there's no time like the present."

knotted gun 2.jpg

I feel like Radar from M*A*S*H* "Wait for it!"
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Hope and change. Well I no longer have hope (with this current administration) and I have less change. The gun issue is just one of many things this administration wants changed. It IMO is the last hope for freedom. This is one issue, that ties into the others....
    RickyD, Bad Bob and msgt/ret like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I weighed in on this at Examiner

UN adopts Arms Treaty with support from Obama administration - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

But I've got a few other thoughts. I am reminded that a few months ago, a lot of rather smug sorts on some of the gun forums were pretty snooty about those of us who were very concerned about Obama's re-election and what would happen during his second term.
    Those people are awfully quiet these days after spending so much effort telling the rest of us how paranoid we were; a bunch of right-wing nutballs.

Well, here we are...
    I guess I will be holding my breath for a long while, waiting for some of those twerps to begin their mea culpas, eh?
    Badey likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The UN can't even enforce its own dues payments by its members. Does it have any expectation of enforcing anything worldwide?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The United States, which co-sponsored the treaty, said several U.S. agencies will conduct a review before the accord is presented to President Obama for signature. The treaty would require ratification by the Senate.

The National Rifle Association contended during negotiations that the treaty would weaken Second Amendment gun rights in the United States. The powerful gun lobby has pledged to fight the treaty’s ratification in the Senate.

U.S. officials and several nongovernmental organizations, including the American Bar Association, have argued that the treaty would have no impact on American gun rights. <---------B.S.)

The treaty would require governments to establish a national record-keeping system to track the trade in conventional arms. <----------You can imagine what that will mean)

Above From the below article..........
    U.N. approves global arms treaty - The Washington Post
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I voted for O the first time... "Fool me once...."

I HATED voting for Romney. I honestly feel he would have pushed harder for the gun grabs than the current resident.

What "moderate" Republican will get the next nod as candidate?

We must push hard to get a constitutionalist in the oval. We must push even harder to get the Congress changed to patriotic, Constitutionalist, membership ASAP.

And I, for one, will only vote for those who will pledge to repeal whatever is passed by the current idiots.
    msgt/ret and surefire7 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    I weighed in on this at Examiner

UN adopts Arms Treaty with support from Obama administration - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

But I've got a few other thoughts. I am reminded that a few months ago, a lot of rather smug sorts on some of the gun forums were pretty snooty about those of us who were very concerned about Obama's re-election and what would happen during his second term.
    Those people are awfully quiet these days after spending so much effort telling the rest of us how paranoid we were; a bunch of right-wing nutballs.

Well, here we are...
    I guess I will be holding my breath for a long while, waiting for some of those twerps to begin their mea culpas, eh?
    Yep, I remember it being called scare tactics by the NRA. Those same people defended the fact that the President hadn't done anything yet on gun control (in his first term). Are we really that naive to think that his anti-gun policy wouldn't come out....
    Superhouse 15 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

The US Senate has to ratify it before Obama can sign it. Last week, the Senate passed a non-binding declaration that they would not ratify it. 8 Democrats sided with the 45 Republicans. I'm betting those 8 Democrats are getting a lot of heat this afternoon from the White House to tow the party line. They need to be contacted by citizens in support of last week's decision!
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    U.S. officials and several nongovernmental organizations, including the American Bar Association, have argued that the treaty would have no impact on American gun rights.
    I have to wonder how many of them actually read the treaty, and understand its contents. Hopefully they aren't passing it so they can find out what's in it.
    ccw9mm, msgt/ret and johnbergsing like this.

Oh what a tangled web they weave. This fight for the 2nd isnt gonna let up anytime soon. Keep your heads up folks dont let your guard down and watch you six.
    ccw9mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbergsing View Post
    The US Senate has to ratify it before Obama can sign it. Last week, the Senate passed a non-binding declaration that they would not ratify it. 8 Democrats sided with the 45 Republicans. I'm betting those 8 Democrats are getting a lot of heat this afternoon from the White House to tow the party line. They need to be contacted by citizens in support of last week's decision!

Just wondered if you knew who the 8 democrats are I will start firing off emails if I know who they are. I cant seem to find it for some reason.
    Snub44 likes this.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Jetfuelrm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Oh what a tangled web they weave. This fight for the 2nd isnt gonna let up anytime soon. Keep your heads up folks dont let your guard down and watch you six.
    Oh, but it was just weeks ago that folks were telling us to calm down, because no such written "final" copy was out yet and there was nothing to worry about.

I'm sure there is a huge percentage of folks in Congress who failed to read one sentence of the actual final document. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

...easy to call others "Chicken Little" till a chunk of sky hits you in the head...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links