Washington Times article

Washington Times article

This is a discussion on Washington Times article within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's another approach to call gun owner illegal.... Democrats push for $10K fine for gun owners without liability insurance - Washington Times Here's a paragraph ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Washington Times article

Washington Times article

Here's another approach to call gun owner illegal....

Democrats push for $10K fine for gun owners without liability insurance - Washington Times

Here's a paragraph that makes me chuckle at the silliness of it all:

"Ms. Maloney says her bill would shift the cost of gun violence back onto those who own the weapon. Gun rights groups call that logic ridiculous, however."

Thugs don't own weapons, so, are they suggesting that owners of stolen guns will be liable for crimes committed with their stolen guns ? Sort of like saying the owner of a stolen car is responsible for the death of a pesdestrian in a hit and run.

Absolutely ridiculous.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Ms. Maloney says her bill would shift the cost of gun violence back onto those who own the weapon. Gun rights groups call that logic ridiculous, however.
    @bold: Of course it is!

Law abiding citizens aren't participating in gun violence. Unless there isn't a distinction between a firearm used in self defense and gun violence?
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

How about proof of qualified liability insurance in order to exercise one's 1st. ammendment rights before opening your mouth to spew such garbage?
    USM1976, TX expat and StevePVB like this.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Charge people for their anticipated crimes, instead of merely going after crime.

Ditto: $10K liability insurance to open your mouth; $100K, if in writing/recording; $5M, if before a microphone; $100M, if on television.

As others have pointed out, ALL owners of products aren't the threat. Criminals who abuse existing prohibitions are; citizens who fail to pay for their occasional negligent missteps are. Go after them ... as we're doing. Hold THEM responsible for their actions. What a concept.

Unsurprising, that Dems are continually the ones pushing such "avoidance" crap. Such liberty-haters should stick to what they know best: befouling their own nests, though they certainly seem perfectly capable of befouling ours.
    TX expat likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    The level of stupidity and lack of any forethought put into this proposed legislation is truly shocking.

I had to check to see if it was an April fool's day joke.

This blatant show of mental incompetence should be easy justification for an immediate recall.
    USM1976 and ccw9mm like this.

Reply to all the above...

It's so stupid, it'll pass.

Then what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    More BS out of NY, what else is new. I don't think they should be recognized as a state of the nation. More like a hostile territory.
    USM1976 likes this.

This right up there with the government requiring us to buy insurance with Obamacare which is what scares me.. this has the potential to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post
    Here's another approach to call gun owner illegal....

Democrats push for $10K fine for gun owners without liability insurance - Washington Times

Here's a paragraph that makes me chuckle at the silliness of it all:

"Ms. Maloney says her bill would shift the cost of gun violence back onto those who own the weapon. Gun rights groups call that logic ridiculous, however."

Thugs don't own weapons, so, are they suggesting that owners of stolen guns will be liable for crimes committed with their stolen guns ? Sort of like saying the owner of a stolen car is responsible for the death of a pesdestrian in a hit and run.
    I agree that if this is the case, then they should do the same thing nationwide for spoons beings that they are used to cook crack. Only groups that are big on cereal would call that logic ridiculous, however.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    This right up there with the government requiring us to buy insurance with Obamacare which is what scares me.. this has the potential to pass.
    Then it won't be insurance, it'll be a tax. Perfectly legal, don't you see?

My head is about to explode!
    USM1976 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Then it won't be insurance, it'll be a tax. Perfectly legal, don't you see?

My head is about to explode!
    Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot all about that.

I think I might watch the Minority Report one more time

So, another measure to make sure only those with the $$$$$$$$$ , can own a gun..... she have something against the poor ??????
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

First of all, she doesn't understand how liability insurance works. Liability is established off negligence. If someone steals a firearm from you and commits a crime, an insurance company would never pay off any liability claim as you can't be held liable for act commited by others with out complicity.Even complicity would be difficult to prove. If you have homeowners insurance your already covered under a form of liability insurance. Then on top of all that the Department of Insurance for each 50 states would have to establish rates and approve any plan before it could be enacted. If the Feds mandated a Federal program for this obvious restriction then yes, it would be a tax.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links