Get ready for the long fight

This is a discussion on Get ready for the long fight within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier Always remember: Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you! Was the 1994 AWB & The ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get ready for the long fight

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Always remember: Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you! Was the 1994 AWB & The Brady Bill an act of placid acceptance? I was the paranoid nutcase who got ready for a bad hurricane season here in south Florida a couple of years ago. My family all laughed. My neighbors chuckled. Then came Katrina, Wilma & Rita. Suddenly I wasn't paranoid...I was PREPARED.

Speaking of paranoia, just exactly HOW would you describe the government's actions in New Orleans post Katrina? Still think it'll never happen on a national scale? Who was in charge in that city and state then? Who's got the clout at the national level, now? You bet I'm paranoid. But I like to think I'm....prepared.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Always remember: Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you! Was the 1994 AWB & The Brady Bill an act of placid acceptance? I was the paranoid nutcase who got ready for a bad hurricane season here in south Florida a couple of years ago. My family all laughed. My neighbors chuckled. Then came Katrina, Wilma & Rita. Suddenly I wasn't paranoid...I was PREPARED.

Speaking of paranoia, just exactly HOW would you describe the government's actions in New Orleans post Katrina? Still think it'll never happen on a national scale? Who was in charge in that city and state then? Who's got the clout at the national level, now? You bet I'm paranoid. But I like to think I'm....prepared.
    What government actions are you referring to in New Orleans? The few instances of gun confescation that were reported? I would describe that as an illegal act by whomever did it if there was not a lawful reason for the confescation. Who was in charge of the city, state, well it was a combination of the Mayor, Governor and Federal officials handling the disaster after it happened, I am not sure that any of them were really in charge based on how poorly it went. You may have another opinion.

No I do not think that on any level there will be a call to turn over arms, if you do I wonder what valid reason you have for thinking that, cause I have not seen any.

para·noia
    1 : a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution or grandeur usually without hallucinations
    2 : a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

I would be hesitant to admit to being paranoid myself, but your entitled to admit to what you want.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Wake Up America!

I think that gun control may not become a major issue in the next two years. I think that they will lay low and want to apear moderate until they can take the white house in '08. They know that gun control is a loosing issue, that's why they ran "conservative pro-gun candidates" in order to win back control.

But, you won't see any of those freshment in positions of authority or leadership. They are now busy stacking the comittee leaderships with the far left of the party.

That being said, even if they don't outright take the WH, McCain or Juliani will be just as bad.

If they hold congress, senate, and the WH, we are in for big trouble. One or two "terrorist attacks" using small arms in this country, (which will be likely since we are probably pulling out of Iraq so the enemy can concentrate on bringing the fight here) and the gun banners will be coming out of the woodwork.

I'm not paranoid, I'm just informed as to who these people are, (Kennedy, Palosi, Schumer, McCarthy, Conyers, Wrangle, Frank, Waters, Jackson-Lee, Waxman, etc.) who their backers are, (HCI, Violence Policy Center, George Soros, Hollyweird...)and what their agenda is, (Mr. and Mrs. America - turn 'em in)

BTW: I hope I'm dead wrong and that everyone is laughing at me for writing this in a few years.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    BTW: I hope I'm dead wrong and that everyone is laughing at me for writing this in a few years.
    We won't be laughing at you, we'll be breathing a sigh of relief with you!

Keep in mind that the one lone voice against the UN arms ban treaty was John Bolton.

Guess who the Democrats are talking about NOT confirming? Yep. John Bolton.

The only thing to stop them is Dubya standing firm.

I have a sick feeling in my stomach.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Keep in mind that while the UN may call for something, that doesn't mean we always go along with it.

Almost every major power signed the UN Landmines Ban. The United States did not - under Bill Clinton no less (surprising.. I know). Fortunetly, he listed to his military commanders about their value on the border of North Korea. Hopefully the US's leaders will go that route one more time.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Exclamation Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it....

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    No I do not think that on any level there will be a call to turn over arms, if you do I wonder what valid reason you have for thinking that, cause I have not seen any.
    I'm a teacher of History and Government. Both are on my side to support my assertions. I fear my government and you should too.

Here are some common themes that run from the lips of the antis to naive folks like you. Here are the questions and here is how they SHOULD be answered:

"Why do you so strongly oppose the government's
    registering firearms and licensing gun owners?

Every car is registered; every driver is licensed
    or should be. Cars are important and dangerous.
    Guns are important and dangerous. So what's the
    problem with gun registration and owner licenses?"
    >
    It's a tough question because it draws on the everyday example
    of automobiles, and most everybody seems to accept state
    regulation of cars and drivers. Many pro-gun people have real
    trouble answering this question, and some among us have even
    surrendered the point.
    >
    Logic and history prove that gun registration and owner
    licensing pose grave threats to life and liberty. But we need
    to deliver a powerful answer to the question without the social
    studies lesson. The answer needs to be a fast effective sound
    bite.
    >
    So we are offering the following three-reason package below.
    This formula is the "long version." If you need to give a
    quicker answer, then just give the first sentence of each
    reason. You can deliver the "long version" in 45 seconds -
    and the "short version" answer in less than 30 seconds.
    >
    Three Reasons in a Nutshell
    >
    Here is the answer you can give:
    >
    (1) Practically speaking, registration and licensing laws do
    not affect criminals, they only affect innocent citizens.
    >
    (2) Fundamentally speaking, citizens in a free society do not
    have to get permission from anyone to exercise their right to
    self-defense, just as they don't need permission to freely
    speak or worship. Licensing and registration schemes require
    citizens to get permission to defend themselves, so those
    schemes don't belong in a free society.
    >
    (3) Historically speaking, registration and licensing have
    been part of "gun control" programs that made possible the
    calculated mass murder of between 70 and 170 million people.
    Registration and licensing make genocide easier, not harder.
    I fight against genocide and I don't want to make genocide
    easier anywhere in the world.
    >
    How to Use the Answer
    >
    This answer is only 120 words at the most, so you can memorize
    it. It's pretty easy to memorize because it makes perfect sense.
    >
    Why memorize it? Because, when you are challenged, you need
    to seize the initiative. A snappy but profound quick answer
    gives no opportunity for interruptions. Speed and power are
    critically important when the questioner is hostile or you are
    being interviewed for radio or television. You don't want to
    have to think of the answer - you need to deliver it
    immediately.
    >
    After you give the "long version" answer, you can turn the
    tables on the questioner. Ask this zinger question:
    >
    "Now that you know the truth about registration and
    licensing, how can you support those ideas?"
    >
    Dealing With The Objections
    >
    Objection # 1: "Driving a two-ton car at 60 mph is a privilege,
    not a right. Owning a lethal weapon should be considered a
    privilege, too."
    >
    Your answer: "Driving a car on tax-funded roads might subject
    you to the tax-funded government regulations. Exercising the
    right to self defense, however, doesn't depend on tax-funded
    resources and should never require anybody's permission."
    >
    Objection # 2: "Gun registration and owner licensing helps
    police solve crimes, just like the cars' license plates and
    the drivers' licenses."
    >
    Your answer: "License plates and driver's licenses don't
    prevent any crimes, they only help track suspects after the
    >fact. Serious criminals frequently use stolen cars and plates;
    many drive without valid licenses. Likewise, serious criminals
    will not be licensed and will use unregistered or stolen guns,
    and the tracking feature is worthless anyway if the cops don't
    find the gun."
    >
    Objection #3: "You're just paranoid; don't you trust our
    government to license and register deadly weapons while
    preserving your right to shoot?"
    >
    Your answer: "Wrong question. The government is supposed to
    answer to you and me. Why does the government so distrust the
    vast majority of decent non-violent firearms owners that it
    wants to identify and track every owner and every firearm?"
    >
    >* * *
    >
    What happens when the government holds monopoly power over
    firearms? How do licensing and registration schemes kill?
    Read the bone-chilling facts in Death by "Gun Control": The
    Human Cost of Victim Disarmament ($16.95 postage paid). Order
    the book by calling (800) 869-1884 or clicking on
    http://www.jpfo.org/deathgc.htm . Get two free "Gran'pa Jack"
    booklets with your order. Join JPFO -- still only $20 annual dues.

History:

Some might argue that the communist numbers are even higher, or that the Turkish genocide continued through WW1 until 1922, but the facts below are not in any dispute.

During the 20th century, over 100 million civilians were killed by their own governments, more than in all 20th century wars combined. In each case, extermination followed gun confiscation.

1911: Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians in Turkey, unable to defend themselves, were exterminated.

1929: The Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, 40-60 million “class enemies,” unable to defend themselves, were exterminated.

1935: China established gun control. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million Chinese “class enemies,” unable to defend themselves, were exterminated.

1938: Germany established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, Catholics, Gypsies and others, unable to defend themselves, were exterminated in Nazi controlled Europe.

1956: Cambodia established gun control. From 1975 to 1977, one million “class enemies,” unable to defend themselves, were exterminated.

1966-1976: China still had gun control. Millions of more “class enemies,” still unable to defend themselves, were exterminated in Mao's "Cultural Revolution.”

1990s: Rwanda established gun control. In 100 days in 1994, over 800,000 Tutsis, unable to defend themselves, were exterminated by machete-wielding Hutus backed by armed government militias.

Think it can't happen here? I once asked a survivor of the Holocaust from the Death Camp of Auschwitz why didn't they take up arms? Why didn't they resist? His reply was telling:

The NAZI'S passed gun control laws years before they put the first Jew on a cattle car to a camp. And nobody said anything. That's the key. I asked him then: Have you ever been to Israel? He replied that it is his home. I asked: What is the incidence of personal firearms ownership in Israel. He slammed his fist on the podium as he declared: EVERYONE is armed! NEVER AGAIN! At which point in the seminar Q&A I wheeled around and addressed the audience of over 500 teachers about 80% of them Jewish.

Do you understand? Do you see the nexus? Do you see the conncection between lawful ownership of firearms and FREEDOM? If you do not now return to your class rooms and tell your students, you not only condone the FIRST Holocaust, you invite the SECOND!

Not one of them would look me in the eye. I knew then that we were in all probability...doomed.

Barron von Rothschild once said: If I control a nations money, I care not who writes it's laws. But he was shortsighted. Control young minds and you control the future. Train (mold) young minds to hate guns...to be submissive to authority and that future will take care of itself.

BTW, I was banned from attending that seminar and the ban endured for over ten years. Then the Israeli government took over control of the annual event held here in Miami. My District got a "by name" invitation for me to attend if I was still in the profession. That old Holocaust survivor had returned to Israel and told the whole story. They kept a record. When the Israelis took over....a discussion of legitimate resistance was included in the seminar. They wanted me to moderate that portion. A lot of the same folks were in that forum. They still wouldn't meet my gaze.

All that is required for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. The first step in doing nothing is to deny there is a problem to start with. You seem to be well along that road, farronwolf.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Thumbs up Preach on Brother.

That's right Ex. Another thing that I have noticed in regard to the UN and all of their "nation building efforts" is that the 1st priority always seems to be disarming the populace.

It's going on all over the world right now.

The U.S. is the last best hope for freedom in this world. If we are to remain so, we must remain armed. We are it. Austrailia, and the UK have already fallen unde the yoke, and Canada isn't far behind.

Exsoldier.

I still fail to see your point. You might consider me niave, but that is a baseless opinion on your part. If you are a history and government teacher, you should easily be able to give me some instances where the United States government called for the citizens to turn over arms nationally, maybe you thought I was referring to some othe country, but that is not what this tread was based on. BTW, I fear noone, person or government. The only thing I fear is God.

I don't live in Rwanda, Germany, Cambodia, China, the Soviet Union or any othe place you mentioned. I live in the United States of America, and I have much more faith in the people of my country and the laws that the United States adheres to than you do apparently. If you choose to memorize some set of answers to possible questions that is your choice, I however prefer to actually think about the question posed and answer it with my own words, not some canned answer or whatever.

You are right in that sometimes history does repeat itself, but then again, there are just as many instances that history has not repeated itself because people have learned from the past and changed their actions.

I fail to see your point in registering automobiles and firearms. I would like to see where in your copy of the constitution it adresses automobile ownership, mine says nothing about it. If you want to make a comparison maybe you should do it with religion or speach as both of those are actually mentioned in the constitution. A memorized answer to something that has nothing to do with gun ownership or any rights stated in the constitution, in my opinion is nothing more than a spewing of nonsense.

The NAZI'S passed gun control laws years before they put the first Jew on a cattle car to a camp. And nobody said anything. That's the key. I asked him then: Have you ever been to Israel? He replied that it is his home. I asked: What is the incidence of personal firearms ownership in Israel. He slammed his fist on the podium as he declared: EVERYONE is armed! NEVER AGAIN! At which point in the seminar Q&A I wheeled around and addressed the audience of over 500 teachers about 80% of them Jewish.

Oh, and ask you older Jewish friend where the state if Isreal would be without the United States of America. Hell maybe you need to go to Isreal and live there where everyone is armed since you seem to have little faith in the USA and its committment to individual rights and gun ownership.
    Last edited by srfl; November 17th, 2006 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Edited first sentence...comment about "rambling" not necessary.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Oh, and ask you older Jewish friend where the state if Isreal would be without the United States of America. Hell maybe you need to go to Isreal and live there where everyone is armed since you seem to have little faith in the USA and its committment to individual rights and gun ownership.
    You should check out history because Israel won it's War of Liberation without the help of anyone. The only "aid" they received was the purchase of a couple squadrons of planes from the Czechs. Notice purchase; they bought them, not given. They have a Kibbutz in part of the country where they kept an Arab tank that they stopped with nothing more than molotov cocktails and willpower.

While I'm sure they are greatful for the US aid to their country (which btw, is less than the ME gets), they have proven that they don't need any aid from anyone.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Here is a link listing the military and economic aid the United States has provided Israel. It list both loans and grants, ie give me money, that we have provided. This is for reference only, as it really has nothing to do with the original intent of this thread.

There has been almost 84 billion in grants and nearly 100 billion in total aid. That sure sounds like their doing it themselves to me.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...o_Israel1.html
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Here is a link listing the military and economic aid the United States has provided Israel. It list both loans and grants, ie give me money, that we have provided. This is for reference only, as it really has nothing to do with the original intent of this thread.

There has been almost 84 billion in grants and nearly 100 billion in total aid. That sure sounds like their doing it themselves to me.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...o_Israel1.html
    And it starts after their War of Liberation. Like I said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Arab-Israeli_War

They've proven that they can do it on their own. That doesn't mean they turn down aid, it just means that post-holocaust, the Jewish psychy won't allow them to be run over ever again.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

I'm probably wasting my time here, but

you should easily be able to give me some instances where the United States government called for the citizens to turn over arms nationally, .
    The reason that it has not yet happened here is because people have remained vigilant in the defense of the 2A in the past. Do you assume that because it has never happened here, it never will?

It had never happened before in any of those other countries, all it took was one time, and it was too late for the defenseless souls who were murdered at the hands of tyrants and criminals.

Do you think that tyranny can never rear its head in the good ole USA when your children's children are disarmed one day?

There are activists like Sara Brady, and politicians like Caronlyn McCarthy (Senator, D-NY) whose entire goal in life is to end private ownership of firearms.

Don't underestimate their willingness to make you into a criminal for not turning yours in if they are ever given the opportunity. In their minds, all gun owners are already criminals. Except of course for thier personal security staff.

VIP Member
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

You are right in that sometimes history does repeat itself, but then again, there are just as many instances that history has not repeated itself because people have learned from the past and changed their actions.
    Not sometimes....constantly. Name me a few times where people have learned from the past and changed history in a material way.

I quoted seven times in history sequentially where a government established gun control and wound up exterminating people. Quote me seven instances that support your assertions. You sir, are living in a fantasy world. If that were really true, the world would not be teetering on the precipice of nuclear obliteration as we watch "AHMANUTJOB" in Iran and Lil' Kim in North Korea get ready to repeat the horrors of Adolf Hitler! In fact, they have already identified targets for nuclear destruction: U.S. and Israel. Big surprise there, huh? The rest of the world is trying to appease these folks. Shades of Neville Chamberlain! "Peace in our time?" Again?

Doesn't look as if anybody learned from history this time. Diplomacy won't work. The UN has given Iran years...to get further along in their program. Just like Hitler built his war machine. If the allies had gotten an army together and stopped the nazis at the Sudentland at the very start, very likely over 12 MILLION lives could have been saved.

The US Government has not yet ordered a wholescale confiscation of privately owned weapons. I won't count April 19th 1775. Too easy. But it has been done repeatedly at the state level and even lower. New York confiscated weapons during the era of David Dinkins even though he "promised" he'd never use the registration lists for such a purpose. Same thing for Attorney General Lockyer in California.

But the US Government stands poised for such draconian actions in the Executive Orders that stand ready for execution in the face of a national disaster greater in magnitude than 911. Those EO's are on file in the Federal Register and they have been in place since the 1960's. Everybody helped to reinforce them, including Ollie North of the Reagan administration.

Here is an excerpt from an article on this subject. If this doesn't scare the pants off you, you haven't a pulse. The citation in parens is where it can be found in the Federal Register.

Here are just a few Executive Orders associated with FEMA that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential pen:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 ( 27 F.R. 1527 ) allows Secretary of Transportation to take over ALL modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports. It also gives the Secretary of Commerce full control of the production and distribution of ALL construction materials, gas, oil, and power as well as ALL civilian, private aviation facilities, highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 ( 27 F.R. 1519 ) allows the government to seize and control the communication media. It establishes the Telecommunications Management Agency that provides for the "takeover" of ALL communications media in the United States. This includes broadcast and cable television, ALL radio stations, ALL satelite earth stations and satelites and ALL telephone companies and telephone systems in the United States.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 ( 27 F.R. 1522 ) allows the government to take over ALL electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals. In other words, ALL sources of energy.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 ( 27 F.R. 1524 ) allows the Secretary of Agriculture to take over ALL food resources and farms and farm equipment. This means that all privately owned farmland and food resources will be commandeered by the Federal Government, together with all farm implements and equipment used to work this land. ALL will become the properety of the Federal Government.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 ( 27 F.R. 1532 ) allows the Secretary of Labor to "mobilize" civilians into work brigades under government supervision. That’s right, every working American will be under the direct supervision of the Federal Government. Where you work now or want to work in the future is not a consideration. You will be required to work where you are told to work. Have you ever considered the term "slave labor"?

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 ( 27 F.R. 1534 ) allows the Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare to control ALL health services, doctors, hospitals, etc., ALL welfare services and All educational programs and facilities, public and private.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 ( 27 F.R. 1539 ) designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of ALL persons in the United States. This will account for every American, his or her location and "status".

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 ( 27 F.R. 1540 ) empowers the Federal Aviation Administration to take over ALL airports and commandeer ALL aircraft, including private and commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 ( 27 F.R. 1542 ) establishes the authority for the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) to take control of ALL housing, lodging and community facilities in the United States. This means the relocation, to a place of the government’s choosing, of any part of the population they choose to move. In other words, it doesn’t matter where you live now or what property you own, it will become the property of the government and THE GOVERNMENT WILL TELL YOU WHERE TO LIVE. It will relocate entire communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 ( 27 F.R. 1544 ) empowers the Interstate Commerce Commission to take over ALL railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 ( 27 F.R. 1688 ) specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international or domestic tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 ( 32 F.R. 12877 ) directs the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in All Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate ALL penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11490 ( 34 F.R. 17567 ) authored by Richard Nixon consolidates all previous Executive Orders into one act of law.a View the Nixon Document. It also gave the Department of Justice the power to control "alien enemies" and all "other aliens" and to provide for their location, relocation, restraint and/or custody. It also provides the power to seize ALL property of the alien enemies and "other aliens". No definition of terms was given to know who "alien enemies" or "other aliens" are. It is left to the discretion of the Department of Justice! It allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution of ALL energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institutions in any undefined national emergency. It makes mandatory the confiscation and control of ALL monetary items and the entire financial structure and assets of the United States of America, public, private and institutional by the Secretary of the Treasury. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

And last but not least, on 20 July 1979 "You Can Trust Me" President Jimmy Carter authored Executive Order 12148 ( 44 F.R. 43239 ) which completes the plan for the COMPLETE DICTATORSHIP RULE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. In this E.O. President Carter places the powers previously given to separate agencies or departments/administrations under the SOLE CONTROL of FEMA - the Federal Emergency Management Agency. He also "handed off" to FEMA many powers previously held ONLY BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA such as FULL CONTROL OF THE MILITARY FORCES. Yes, FEMA can now assume the powers and duties of the President, in violation of the Constitution of the United States of America. All that is needed to implement these controls is the declaration of a national emergency by any President. Neither Congress, previous Presidents nor the courts have ever rendered a definition of a "National Emergency"!

The Federal Emergency Management Agency has broad powers in every aspect of the nation. General Frank Salzedo, chief of FEMA’s Civil Security Division stated in a 1983 conference that he saw FEMA’s role as a "new frontier in the protection of individual and governmental leaders from assassination, and of civil and military installations from sabotage and/or attack, as well as prevention of dissident groups from gaining access to U.S. opinion, or a global audience in times of crisis."

FEMA’s powers were consolidated by President Carter to incorporate:

The National Security Act of 1947, which allows for the strategic relocation of industries, services, government and other essential economic activities, and to rationalize the requirements for manpower, resources and production facilities; the 1950 Defense Production Act, which gives the President sweeping powers over all aspects of the economy; the Act of August 29, 1916, which authorizes the Secretary of the Army, in time of war, to take possession of any transportation system for transporting troops, material, or any other purpose related to the emergency; and the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, which enables the President to seize the property of a foreign country or national.

These powers were transferred to FEMA in a sweeping consolidation in 1979.

FEMA’s deceptive role really did not come to light with much of the public until Hurricane Andrew smashed into the U.S. mainland. As Russell R. Dynes, director of the Disaster Research Center of the University of Delaware, wrote in The World and I, "...The eye of the political storm hovered over the Federal Emergency Management Agency. FEMA became a convenient target for criticism." Because FEMA was accused of dropping the ball in Florida, the media and Congress commenced to study this agency. What came out of the critical look was that FEMA was spending 12 times more for "black operations" than for disaster relief. It spent $4.3 billion building secret bunkers throughout the United States in anticipation of government disruption by foreign or domestic upheaval. Fewer than 20 members of Congress, only members with top security clearance, know of the $4.3 billion expenditure by FEMA for non-natural disaster situations. These few Congressional leaders state that FEMA has a "black curtain" around its operations. FEMA had worked on National Security programs since 1979, and its predecessor, the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency, had secretly spent billions of dollars before being merged into FEMA by President Carter in 1979.

FEMA has developed 300 sophisticated mobile units that are capable of sustaining themselves for a month. The vehicles are located in five areas of the United States. They have tremendous communication systems and each contains a generator that would provide power to 120 homes each, but have never been used for disaster relief.

FEMA’s enormous powers can be triggered easily. In any form of domestic or foreign problem, perceived and not always actual, emergency powers can be enacted. The President of the United States now has broader powers to declare martial law, which activates FEMA’s extra-ordinary powers. Martial law can be declared during time of increased tension overseas, economic problems within the United States, such as a depression, civil unrest, demonstrations or scenes like the Los Angeles riots, and in a drug crisis. These Presidential powers have increased with successive Crime Bills, particularly the 1991 and 1993 Crime Bills, which increase the power to suspend the rights guaranteed under the Constitution and to seize property from those suspected of being drug dealers and to individuals who participate in a public protest or demonstration. Under emergency plans already in existence, the power exists to suspend the Constitution and turn over the reigns of government to FEMA and appointing military commanders to run state and local governments. FEMA then would have the right to order the detention of anyone whom there is reasonable ground to believe...will engage in, or probably conspire with others to engage in acts of espionage or sabotage. The plan also authorized the establishment of concentration camps for detaining the accused, but no trial.

EXSOLDIER'S NOTE: Those camps were publicized in 1987. I was in law school at the time. The Miami Herald came out with an article discussing the creation of such a detention camp at Homestead AFB in south Miami Dade County. The residents of the city of Homestead were howling angry. That was in July of 1987. By August the controvery had largely disappeared. The camps do still exist. A chain of them stretching from Florida to Arkansas was activated when it seemed as if Castro was going to stage another Mariel Boatlift in the early 90's.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links