Get ready for the long fight

This is a discussion on Get ready for the long fight within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I remember reading FEMA's Executive Orders many years ago, around 1999 I believe (around the Y2K scare). Boy, did that put chills down my back....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Get ready for the long fight

I remember reading FEMA's Executive Orders many years ago, around 1999 I believe (around the Y2K scare). Boy, did that put chills down my back.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs up

Geeze Ex, no wonder your so paranoid. lol

Truth is scarier than fiction sometimes.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Oh my God.

Don't forget that during WWII the governement issued ration books for tires, fuel, sugar and lots of other stuff too.

I am taking your word for it that those executive orders exist. Have they ever been enacted?

Do any of them have anything to do with the original post on this tread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of 6am (MST) the House has shifted to the Democraps, the Senate is still undecided. Just as bad, the majority of Governorships have also gone over to the dark side. I think we're going to see some tough days ahead, and it could (and probably will) get worse in 2 years from now.

I believe based on the tread we need to be looking at proposals that are coming up, I am assuming that was the original intent. Not doomsday scenarios from other countries or emergency plans written decades ago for nuclear proliferation scenarios.

Oh, and based on the JPFO website everyone in Israel is not armed. It appears you must apply for a permit to own a firearm.

http://www.jpfo.org/israel-firearms.htm
    Last edited by farronwolf; November 15th, 2006 at 11:43 PM.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Whew! Great stuff. Think I'm going to have to practice some cautious optimism on this. Hope farronwolf is right and things will be OK, and do what I can to prepare if ExSoldier is correct.
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    So Ex.. I'm not at all trying to critisize what you are saying, but I do feel I should ask...

I recall hearing tha FEMA was to be disbanded and a new Agency formed after the failure @ NOLA. If FEMA is in fact dissolved and said agency born again under a different name, legally, doesn't that negate the E.O.'s? Much the same way the U.S. backed-out of the SALT and START agreements (USSR no longer existed - agreements void)....????

Figured I'd ask. I have no idea about the real answer. I'm taking American Government right now but I know jack-squat about the details of that stuff.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

In these times of "terror", I'm not sure if FEMA will be disbanded. More like restructured. Move a couple people here, shift a couple people there, seems to be more practical. Possibly, they will do it many, many months from now. Maybe a year or two, when emotions aren't so sensative and the 60 second memory of the American public has forgotten and moved on to other things.

Of course, I'm not basing this on anything but my own observations. So don't take me seriously.

Lightbulb As I CONSTANTLY tell my students:

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Oh my God.

Don't forget that during WWII the governement issued ration books for tires, fuel, sugar and lots of other stuff too.

I am taking your word for it that those executive orders exist. Have they ever been enacted?

Do any of them have anything to do with the original post on this tread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of 6am (MST) the House has shifted to the Democraps, the Senate is still undecided. Just as bad, the majority of Governorships have also gone over to the dark side. I think we're going to see some tough days ahead, and it could (and probably will) get worse in 2 years from now.

I believe based on the tread we need to be looking at proposals that are coming up, I am assuming that was the original intent. Not doomsday scenarios from other countries or emergency plans written decades ago for nuclear proliferation scenarios.

Oh, and based on the JPFO website everyone in Israel is not armed. It appears you must apply for a permit to own a firearm.

http://www.jpfo.org/israel-firearms.htm
    DON'T "take my word" for anything is what I constantly DRILL into my students, especially the A.P. kids, the really bright ones who'll get into Duke, HAH-vad and Yale. Go look them up for yourself! I've given the cite in the Federal Register where they can be found.

No they've never been triggered. Came close a few times, though. Most recently during the Rodney King riots in L.A. and if Y2K had been as bad as it might've been certainly for that event. If a multistate terror attack is ever pulled using WMD that is almost the guaranteed response by the White House, no matter which party is in control.

When the Intifada began in Israel, the mayor of Jerusalem encouraged all Israeli citizens to apply for their CCW permits and to carry 24/7. Easy to do since there is a mandatory military service requirement for the entire populace. That policy is still in place.

Israel had a really bad problem with Jihadis shooting up their schools in the '70's, especially at the elementary and middle school levels. When they began issuing Uzis to the teachers that crap stopped PDQ!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

FEMA is Still Around...still viable

Quote Originally Posted by SixBravo View Post
    So Ex.. I'm not at all trying to critisize what you are saying, but I do feel I should ask...

I recall hearing tha FEMA was to be disbanded and a new Agency formed after the failure @ NOLA. If FEMA is in fact dissolved and said agency born again under a different name, legally, doesn't that negate the E.O.'s? Much the same way the U.S. backed-out of the SALT and START agreements (USSR no longer existed - agreements void)....????

Figured I'd ask. I have no idea about the real answer. I'm taking American Government right now but I know jack-squat about the details of that stuff.
    FEMA was not disbanded. It is in fact the only organization that has even a remote chance of handling a WMD situation. When the N.O. thing blew up, the guy in chartge of FEMA was found to be incompetent....and got the job as a political payoff as a big fundraiser for Bush. He resigned or was canned behind the scenes and they got a real disaster expert into the organization. Somebody who's BTDT for real. FEMA is being streamlined and upgraded.

However it is my belief that even IF the organization had been disbanded, the EO's would remain in force and apply to whatever organization that replaced the original.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links