NRA-backed group wants gun training for school staff

This is a discussion on NRA-backed group wants gun training for school staff within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A commission tasked by the nation's most influential gun lobby to assess school safety proposed a set of recommendations Tuesday that includes a plan to ...

Thread: NRA-backed group wants gun training for school staff

NRA-backed group wants gun training for school staff

A commission tasked by the nation's most influential gun lobby to assess school safety proposed a set of recommendations Tuesday that includes a plan to train and arm adults as a way to protect kids from shooters.

He was joined by Mark Mattiolli, whose 6-year-old son James was among the 20 students killed at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown. Mattiolli, who Hutchinson described as a "special guest" at the recommendations' unveiling, urged lawmakers to look past their notions of the NRA when reading the group's plan.

"Politics need to be set aside here, and I hope this doesn't lead to name calling," Mattiolli said. "These are recommendations for solutions. And that's what we need. We need to look at that appendix and we need to do something."

NRA-backed group wants gun training for school staff ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Crowman...

I posted this in another thread here: For the children...

I think that the reason it doesn't seem to get much response is that right now, we're all to scared that the NRA isn't doing enough to keep gun rights alive in the several states, the UN, and the federal gov't. What they are telling us here isn't relevant to stopping the erosion of rights that is occurring.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Links