This is how elected officials mock us

This is a discussion on This is how elected officials mock us within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Seeing the new article by Dave Workman on the current government's credibility gap regarding second amendment rights (which was posted in a now closed thread), ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: This is how elected officials mock us

This is how elected officials mock us

Seeing the new article by Dave Workman on the current government's credibility gap regarding second amendment rights (which was posted in a now closed thread), I came upon this little gem.

A senior citizen was asking his government representative how he was supposed to defend himself under the new Colorado laws. Her answer was to laugh at him, essentially.

These politicians are a DISGRACE. If they laugh at us publicly in front of our peers, what must they think, and say, about us when amongst themselves?

The Senior's question is garbled, as he is away from the microphone... He is asking how he should defend himself with the new magazine limits imposed... But, not to worry, the Representative made certain her derision of the citizen was well heard... She pulled the microphone closer to her snide mouth, so that she could make her acerbic comments. I cannot express my disdain in words that would not get me evicted...

I'll let her speak for herself:

Last edited by oakchas; April 3rd, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

And Hillery Clinton.......the gag of Behngazi now wants to run for POTUS.

Smug, wisecracker......just the qualities I love in a woman.

Not to worry...the Denver PD will be there in minutes. I think the police department in Aurora was there in a matter of minutes also.
    mprp and msgt/ret like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

that rep is a . or i would get points and booted.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Her mindset is a disease in which the only cure is to be taken out of fantasy comedian land and put in a very very bad, real life situation. Some just have no concept of what can really happen out there in the real world. And another thing disheartening, is the laughter in the background.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Complacency kills. To all those who refuse to get involved in the election of politicians, they get what they deserve, unfortunately we get the same garbage to deal with.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

VIP Member
    She was simply playing to her audience. She knew that gentleman was not likely to vote for her anyway, considering his question. So she wins points with her core.

Her comment, "You'd probably be dead anyway..." is the most telling. The look on her face said it all to me, basically "who cares? Go away."

All you Colorado-folks have a BIG job ahead of you. Good luck.
    84160, Alex_C, mano3 and 1 others like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

"You'd probably be dead anyway... Against that firepower."

Just like the children at Sandy Hook... and the PD was there in minutes, too.

I don't care if I was a member in good standing of her party... and even if I held the same belief system she does... I, were I a constituent of hers... would PAY money to advertise against her... To publicize how she treats her constituency... and would start a movement for censure in the body to which she is elect. After which I would start a petition for recall... and I would not stop until she was gone.. And then, and only then, would I move out of the state of Colorado.
    84160, mulle46, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Right now they are on a roll here in Colroado and can do no wrong as far as limiting any and all firearms.

I am hoping they get a rude awaking come 2014 election
    surefire7 likes this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Gerry
    Ft Collins

In fact, I will go one step further...

If there is anyone from CO here ... RockandGlock? PM me.... I will donate $$$ I don't have to start the campaign against this sick woman... Soonest.

That is a dead serious offer...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

That is one of the most disgusting videos I have ever seen. How DARE she speak that way to the gentleman? It is abhorrent that scum like her can be in the position she is in.

"You'd probably be dead anyway"

So we should just bend over and take it? That is not the United States of America that I know and cherish. In my country, a just man stands his ground in the face of evil and does not waver. This gentleman is an embodiment of the American spirit and she DARES to mock him?

The Devil is in her, I am sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Smug, wisecracker......just the qualities I love in a woman.
    Ya know, actually, I like those traits in a woman as well... but they have to have the intelligence to back it up... Something this person lacks, completely.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Bet she is "all in" for abortion rights and free condoms. She needs to face a recall election and that could be used on the TV ad.
    oakchas likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Her message was loud and clear: "I don't care what you think, I've made up my mind and that's that."

This is symptomatic of the attitude many politicians have. They forget that they work for us and the only reason they are in office is to serve the best interests of their constituents, not lord over them like some petty dictator. Unfortunately, many constituents are brain-washed into thinking that too, which is why those politicians are rarely called on this kind of behavior.
    Never get out of the boat....

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    In many cases I have seen politicos speak with common sense while they are running for office but when they obtain the office the common sense seems to run away and we are left with a shell that a hermit crab will not use

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links