In Denver, Obama tries to rally support for gun buyer background checks

This is a discussion on In Denver, Obama tries to rally support for gun buyer background checks within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Obama drew applause when he pressed for the assault weapon ban despite its bleak prospects in the Senate. At least 15 of the 55-member Senate ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: In Denver, Obama tries to rally support for gun buyer background checks

Obama drew applause when he pressed for the assault weapon ban despite its bleak prospects in the Senate. At least 15 of the 55-member Senate Democratic caucus are expected to join all the chamber's 45 Republicans to reject the measure.

Obama plans to visit Connecticut next week to continue his push for action on reducing gun violence.

"I don't believe that weapons designed for theaters of war have a place in movie theaters. Most Americans agree with that," Obama said.

Mr. President there is a law in America that does not allow ownership of weapons designed for theaters of war and you know this fact. However Mr. President you and other anti gun advocates continue to attempt to fool the people that ownership is allowed. Mr. President you seem to have forgotten that the Bill of Rights(which includes the 2nd amendment) are in essence anti government rights and it is the people that "rule" and the three branches of government are only their to serve the people.

Sorta good news for us... So far President Obama is visiting the the states that have already done damage to the 2nd amendment........
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Weapons of war huh?

What a bunch of liberal rhetoric.

There isnt a country in the world that dosent issue its troops select fire weapons. Which these are not. He is either ignorant or a liar.

What tyrant doesnt want to control weapons? They want a monopoly of force.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Sorta good news for us... So far President Obama is visiting the the states that have already done damage to the 2nd amendment........

He visits those states as a cheerleader rallying the troops in hopes that other heavily Democratic states will follow the lead and initiate their own gun control measures. If he can't accomplish gun control measures on the national level, he'll implement it state by state. It's pretty much the same strategy that the Right to Life folks have been using when Roe v Wade wasn't overturned. Just work on it state by state.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

From what I just finished watching Dannel Malloy (CT) say is "92% of the people want UBC and only 8% don't"
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Rather than getting points for infractions.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Rather than getting points for infractions.
    It's OK, buddy. Unless she moves to North Carolina or Tennessee, we're safe for the time being.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,

Playing to the Press, and going to all of the places where he knows the audience already agree with him and will be a friendly audience. He's not taking any chances talking to the "rest of America', where they may not be as submissive and not agree. LMAO.

I'm going to love it if some people take these laws in those states to court and do a serious challenge of them, and win.

read my sig line.
    joker1 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,

Playing to the Press, and going to all of the places where he knows the audience already agree with him and will be a friendly audience. He's not taking any chances talking to the "rest of America', where they may not be as submissive and not agree. LMAO.

I'm going to love it if some people take these laws in those states to court and do a serious challenge of them, and win.

read my sig line.
    I hope you're right, but I'm not ready to laugh just yet...

The state Senate passed the bill just moments after President Barack Obama finished a rally in Denver where he continued his push for Congress to pass a bill requiring background checks for every gun owner.

Next week, the president will travel to Hartford to continue his call for stricter gun control laws as the Senate prepares to take up the bill.

Connecticut lawmakers approve 'toughest' gun laws in US - U.S. News

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Weapons of war huh?

What a bunch of liberal rhetoric.

There isn't a country in the world that doesn't issue its troops select fire weapons. Which these are not. He is either ignorant or a liar.
    I would say he's an ignorant liar.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I would say he's an ignorant liar.
    You think more highly of him than I do. I don't think he is ignorant at all. I think he has made a calculated decision to lie straight up to the American people on any number of issues. Many of the folks are too stupid to figure it out and they eat it up. Personally, I think his actions warrant impeachment, but the current senate would never convict, so what's the point?
    RLR32, Pistology, HotGuns and 2 others like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    the campaign is over this clown needs to fix the economy. Time to just say NO to Barrack What part of NO don't you understand?
    Plenty of laws on the books already
    msgt/ret and 84160 like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Well, I see he got some cops to stand behind him... I heard they didn't want to...

I wonder, then, when they are told to come and get your guns, will they say "We don't wanna!" and still come knocking at your door?
    My bet is they will, folks.. a great majority of them. Few people (in any profession) actually have the "courage of their convictions" beyond a paycheck.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

He said that our bills were bipartisan. That is bull crap. There was a lot of opposition to those bills. The Dems didn't care. He may have grand standed too early here. It is not over by a long shot.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

VIP Member
    When Obama is through with politics, he can become a minister, since he is already becoming adept at preaching to the choir.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Mr. President there is a law in America that does not allow ownership of weapons designed for theaters of war and you know this fact. However Mr. President you and other anti gun advocates continue to attempt to fool the people that ownership is allowed. Mr. President you seem to have forgotten that the Bill of Rights(which includes the 2nd amendment) are in essence anti government rights and it is the people that "rule" and the three branches of government are only their to serve the people.

Two things:
    1. Call it like it is. This administration L I E S to us all the time.
    2. Undermining our Constitution is what this administration's ultimate goal is.
    ksholder and RLR32 like this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links