Bright young lady

This is a discussion on Bright young lady within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Interesting, articulate young lady.... 15-year Old Girl Delivers the Facts, Leaves Maryland Crowd Speechless - Guns.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bright young lady

Bright young lady

2. Remove Ads

Seems like a very mature 15-year old....she did a nice job!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post
    I'm sorry. Somebody wrote it for her. Or, most of it. Her points are 100% accurate. But, it was a speech. Nobody heard it. Which is why they were "speechless."

At 15 years old, she is being awarded scholarships to schools (colleges/universities) with shooting programs... possibly. Somewhat doubtful, but possibly.

Too much to say in too little time.

I appreciate her effort, I'm certain she was nervous, and she did a good job. She did not wind hearts and minds, she had no passion.

Flame away... But I wish it had been better done.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

VIP Member
    I agree with oakchas, well said but did it do any good? I am sorry but we have to stop patting ourselves on the back every time we say something that makes sense. We are losing our rights state by state day by day. We need more organized action.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I'm sorry. Somebody wrote it for her. Or, most of it. Her points are 100% accurate. But, it was a speech. Nobody heard it. Which is why they were "speechless."

At 15 years old, she is being awarded scholarships to schools (colleges/universities) with shooting programs... possibly. Somewhat doubtful, but possibly.

Too much to say in too little time.

I appreciate her effort, I'm certain she was nervous, and she did a good job. She did not wind hearts and minds, she had no passion.

Flame away... But I wish it had been better done.

So, you believe this young lady isn't capapble of researching her own material, and she was coached ? You doubt her credibilty but then you add your disclaimer statement, "I appreciate her effort, I'm certain she was nervous, and she did a good job. She did not wind hearts and minds, she had no passion."

Hmmmm ? I believe I have figured out your personality, and it is defined as "contrarian".
    GhostMaker likes this.

Too bad nobody in the Maryland legislature listened to her, and passed some horrible gun legislation just this week.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

VIP Member
    So, you believe this young lady isn't capapble of researching her own material, and she was coached ? You doubt her credibilty but then you add your disclaimer statement, "I appreciate her effort, I'm certain she was nervous, and she did a good job. She did not wind hearts and minds, she had no passion."

Hmmmm ? I believe I have figured out your personality, and it is defined as "contrarian".
    I appreciate everything she did and said. She is 100x smarter than Diane DeGette
    oakchas and phreddy like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Fair enough... I am a bit contrary.

I do appreciate her effort. And, she did as good a job as I could expect from any 15 year old. She may very well have done some of her own research, or she may have heard enough about the topic at hand to confirm numbers she has heard espoused in her home, or here in this forum, for that matter.

All of these efforts; by kids like her, by the Sandy Hook father that does NOT want more gun control, by Colion Noir, and even by you and I; help. But they only help clarify our own beliefs, and we are preaching to the choir... and so is she.

I guess I'm hoping for the "Magic Bullet." The one thing that truly renders them speechless, the one turn of events that makes them see the light. I certainly can't seem to come up with one... and I haven't seen anybody else do it either.

And, the fact remains, none of this stuff is getting out to the fence sitters. CN is a "channel" on the NRA website, who tunes in? The true believers, and the enemies of the true believers. But the VAST majority don't tune in.

If some of this stuff were broadcast for the masses to see; if NRA, and the rest of the true believers would spend what the NY Blooming Idiot is willing to spend, we might win some "middle of the roaders..." Instead, we just pat ourselves on the back, point to things some of us say, and applaud.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I appreciate everything she did and said. She is 100x smarter than Diane DeGette
    That is the truth... but then, my dogs are at least 50% smarter than DeGette.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

She appears to be a fine young woman with a good head on her shoulders, and It's a disgrace that her voice and that of many others like her were drowned out in MD by people who had absolutely no idea what they were doing, or why.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    She is 100x smarter than Diane DeGette
    A dairy cow is 10 times smarter than Diane DeGette.

And at least twice as lovable.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    She did a fabulous job. At 15, she's likely been neck deep in research papers and reports for school (I was at her age), so my thoughts are the research and speech is hers.

from collegescholarships.org:
    High school juniors and seniors in the state of Maryland can try for the $1,000 Dave Ward Memorial Scholarship. This award is offered through the Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club, Inc. Applicants must write essays on "What Citizenship means to me"; however, they need not be a part of a rifle association to receive the scholarship.

There are also numerous other rifling scholarships available nationwide.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I am by no means an expert but her speech was outstanding and there is no such thing as a magic bullet that will fix all this but as gun owners I believe we should be talking to these fence sitters and helping them understand why guns are neccasary to our way of life if we won't go out and talk to these people the liberal media will

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    She made one fatal flaw.... she defined our country as a Democratic society, now by todays clear definition we are, and that is why we are where we are today. We are a failed constitutional republic because people have chosen democracy over republicanism.

Period.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    The knife cuts both ways people.

While we may applaud her efforts, the anti 2A people ridicule her as being manipulated by the puppet masters.

We Pro 2A people do the same thing when anti 2A people or groups speak, such as the Newtown parents.
    We ridicule them, call them names etc....
    I've heard people on this forum say things such as "I wish she (Feinstein) would just shut up"
    Does that not violate her 1st amendment right?

I am 180 degrees from the way Feinstein thinks and acts; though I will fight to the death to defend her (right) to make a complete arse out of herself.

Where I draw the line is when a lie is perpetrated upon the American people and sold as truth using tactics of intimidation.
    This is when we as a people walk a fine line between "wanting" to play by the rules and realizing someone "changed" the rules.

We live in sad & dangerous times now.
    It's not about gun control. It's about the survival of people and what was intended when this country was formed by those who well understood what it is that makes us not only powerful; but righteous.

The attack is not from within. It is external.
    Look elsewhere for the genesis of what we are now experiencing.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links