If you could text your vote...

This is a discussion on If you could text your vote... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; would you? this IS second amendment related, "wait for it." If you saw a you tube video, or a tv ad that supported the second ...

View Poll Results: Would you text your vote?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would vote, don't think fence sitters would

13 24.07%
  • Yess I would vote and I think fenc sitters would, too.

8 14.81%
  • Nope, not for me, and heither would they.

7 12.96%
  • Stupid idea.

26 48.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: If you could text your vote...

If you could text your vote...

would you? this IS second amendment related, "wait for it."

If you saw a you tube video, or a tv ad that supported the second amendment, and asked you to text a vote to a number if you approved. And that your vote would be tallied and sent to congress and the President, would you do it...

If the NRA, and the GOA and all the other 2A orgs would get together and create such a campaign on social media, on the mainstream media, in the (print) press...

It is said that more people voted for American Idol than for the president... of course, those votes are cast more than once... But if there were a mechanism, that would allow only one vote per phone... and there is, and it would tally votes against gun legislation or against the UN treaty, or what have you...

would you vote (Normal texting rates apply, no additional charges)?

This technology is available... I wish they would use it... If the ads were well done enough, they would reach the fence sitters... some of them would vote.

We need to reach "the silent Majority" or rather, the majority which is silent. They need to be heard. And this is one way to get them to get involved with no pain or effort.
    Last edited by oakchas; April 5th, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

I cannot believe all the typos in my poll, and I can't fix 'em... my fingers are dyslexic this morning... sorry, but you can discern what I meant.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    We just changed to an umlimited family texting plan after my daughter's surgery becuase all of our texting increased alot, but I still don't text for these types of things. I don't text American Idol votes either. Younger people might.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    So now I have to text message congress to tell them to follow the Constitution?

How 'bout we organize to remove these jokers one by one?
    Nmuskier likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    We just changed to an umlimited family texting plan after my daughter's surgery becuase all of our texting increased alot, but I still don't text for these types of things. I don't text American Idol votes either. Younger people might.
    Younger people might.. and you and I might not... we're of a different generation...

That said... there are many, um.. progressives (yeah, that's the word) who would show their "hipness" by casting such a vote. To prove that they're all jiggy with the technology and all, you see.

And, the mindless idiots watching Storage Conflagrations... and Duck Tragedy, and all those other wonderful shows... might just text a vote if they saw something compelling... They got nothing better to do. Like say, spend countless hours on DC hoping the real world will wake up... but meanwhile, covering his head with more sand... knowing that the sky IS falling and there's little hope.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    So now I have to text message congress to tell them to follow the Constitution?

How 'bout we organize to remove these jokers one by one?
    No, YOU don't have to text 'em... But if several thousands of otherwise television/facebook/twitterheads cause an avalanche of email... they might see a trend..

In the mean time... I'm all about organizing to replace the idiots.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

If I text, do I get a chance to win a Wayne Lapierre bobble head?
    oakchas and atctimmy like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "It is said that more people voted for American Idol than for the president... "

Because the contestants are more talented?

I don't do texts. I barely do cell phones at all. Even this internet is a major stretch for me. I am the last person on earth who relies on face-to-face interpersonal communication, and I'm nearly extinct.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I don't own a cell phone. I guard my "unreachable" time very jealously. Can't help you with this one.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "It is said that more people voted for American Idol than for the president... "

Because the contestants are more talented?

I don't do texts. I barely do cell phones at all. Even this internet is a major stretch for me. I am the last person on earth who relies on face-to-face interpersonal communication, and I'm nearly extinct.
    I believe it may have been more votes (each person could vote multiple times) or with no age restrictions as per voting that is why. But wait, were they counting all the dead voters who voted for the current magistrate?
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I believe it may have been more votes (each person could vote multiple times) or with no age restrictions as per voting that is why. But wait, were they counting all the dead voters who voted for the current magistrate?
    It has been years since I watched American Idol, but if I remember correctly, you could vote up to 10 times per voting method. I believe each person could vote up to 30 times (text, 800 number, and online computer).

Senior Moderator
    I don't text
    gregnsc likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Oh, I get it...

Most of US don't text... or text much... I do, but very rarely.

But, many many people do... If you watch TV at all... you will see that all the cel phone carriers advertise special deals on texting. We have the gubmint trying to get people to stop texting and driving... There's a whole lot of texting going on... And that's proof of it if nothing else.

The "Murican" public is spending so much time NOT paying attention to what's going on and not participating in civic duties at all, that they need an easy way to get their voice heard. They don't even know what their voice is...

No really, think about it...

They want to BAN the weapons of the battlefield, but they don't know that they are already effectively banned.
    They want to stop killings in schools, but they don't know about the killings in schools that have been averted by people with guns.
    They want liberty and security... but they don't understand how getting the latter keeps them from the former.

This is really a marketing/sales problem. Who knew you needed a kitchen knife that would cut a nail, then cut a shoe in half, then cut a tomato into fine slices... Nobody needed that, until Ginsu came around.

Who needed a communication device like on Star Trek, or Man from U.N.C.L.E, A pen phone? give me a break! Dick Tracy's wrist radio later became a video unit, too. Unbelievable! (what cel phone has no video cam in it any more?)

But those "advances" took DECADES...

Now let's look at the Second Amendment in America... For years, because of a mass shooting, we had an AWB. Then it expired, and within a reasonably short period of time, we started seeing states enacting Shall Issue statutes, and Stand your Ground, and Castle Doctrine... And it ballooned pretty quickly, didn't it..? I think when I started on DC most of the map on the Handgunlaw site was red or yellow... now it's almost all blue. But guess what, it's changing back in a hurry... These things are moving FAST.

Fast because tech is national and global, and instantaneous... and we are still stuck not texting, not moving forward... But there's a generation right behind us, that is moving at the speed of light... And they glom onto stuff and then let it go...

We need to give them something to glom onto, that favors us... And honestly, it's quite possible that they will forget they even texted for it tomorrow. But we've recorded their vote... and sent it on to the Senators and the Congressmen, and the Current Occupant of the whitehouse.

We can't give up the old ways either... We still have to work... we still have to campaign... we still have to vote out these idiots at the ballot box... but in the mean time, we can create a "truth" that shows that more people favor our side than the other... And the Congresscritters will believe the numbers and numbers mean votes maybe, and maybe I ought to re think my stance on_________.
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Moderator
    I don't watch TV either or have a cell phone.

and I am amazed at not only how uninformed the population is but that they don't even realize or seem to care that they are uninformed
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I don't watch TV either or have a cell phone.

and I am amazed at not only how uninformed the population is but that they don't even realize or seem to care that they are uninformed
    LUDDITE!

But tell me sir, did you vote in my poll?

regardless of how you voted, if you voted, I got your input. all it took was a click of the mouse. If you see the point, "Like" this post!

Maybe if I twitch the rod a little? C'mon... you know you want to "like" it.... do it now!
    Hopyard and AZJD1968 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links