Gun rights groups flex muscle

This is a discussion on Gun rights groups flex muscle within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://tinyurl.com/d3wmdr9 Gun rights groups flex muscle There’s a new generation of gun rights groups causing havoc in Republican offices on Capitol Hill. SNIP Gu ess ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By noway2
  • 2 Post By Chorizo
  • 2 Post By BugDude

Thread: Gun rights groups flex muscle

VIP Member

http://tinyurl.com/d3wmdr9

There’s a new generation of gun rights groups causing havoc in Republican offices on Capitol Hill.

SNIP

Guess who.

FWIIW, the comment "
    grass-roots groups are using the playbook of the Club for Growth and tea party outlets" misses the point that the grass-roots RKBA groups have been at this since the early '90s.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I don't buy into the Obama conspiracies, nor do I need to be fed lies and scary fables to support gun rights. I do want those who wish to use recent events to push their anti-gun agenda to be smacked hard enough that this issue goes away for a long time.

The word in the anit circles, and yes they are peeing their pants mad over the filibuster, is to blame the NRA and they can't understand why they are losing when 90% of the population supports their common sense gun safety legislation and universal background checks. They are calling their representatives and wondering why their interests aren't getting pushed. They have absolutely failed to account for the grass roots effect of large numbers of citizens who are not only calling their representatives too, but willing to fund efforts with their dollars. For those who support and appreciate gun rights the issue is personal. Far more personal than it is for those who don't care about them and want them to be repealed.
    sensei2 likes this.

Thanks for the link to the article Crowman... Very interesting indeed. It seems from the article that a possible reason that Colorado lost its Republican Majority in its legislature, and possibly got the new onerous gun laws, is in part, due to the actions of NAGR?

While I applaud their (NAGR) efforts to "pull back the curtain," Sometimes being too forceful can have bad consequences.

Something to consider. Their tactics have not served them well in Colorado... I hope their tactics don't hurt us on the national level.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    While Brown is extreme and, from the article, uses no end of less than square tricks, sometimes it takes a sledge hammer to get people's attention. Unfortunately, a sledge hammer isn't the most appropriate tool all the time.

Fear is a great motivator and it does make folks think twice before edging towards a line of unacceptable behavior (and votes).

Compromise means each side needs to give something. In the case of Gun Control, gun rights folks seem to be the only people giving. I have NEVER seen a gun control advocate say what they are going to give up in a compromise, only what they say they won't be taking for now.
    DaveH and noway2 like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Thanks.

My tynyurl works but didn't show up in thr OP as a link.

????
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

So, Where did Obama come up with 90% ? Just sounds like more lies and deceit.

Quote Originally Posted by metalbender View Post
    He polled his WH staff and 90% agreed with him. The other 10% got fired.
    msgt/ret and GunGeezer like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I was very optimistic though still in the letter and email game until this evening. Seeing what ive seen tonight from OUR side somebody up there better get to flexing something because the waffling by the our big gun and a couple of senators has started and some are buying into it. History folks stop forgetting any ground we give no matter who says its ok to give it turns into miles a miles of idiocy. Always has and has never done anything but make criminals out of the law abiding and victims out of folks denied the right to defend themselves. Flower any gun legislation or background up anyway you want too and it still stinks like rotten fish cuz that is what it is. No matter what group or senator calls it a flower.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I comes from polls done by Progressive firms. It is a carefully worded lie using the very possible truth that ~90% of the people do support requiring background checks to buy guns into meaning 90% support the UBC proposal as put forth by a NY senator. In my opinion in ranks, or rather reeks, up there with calling "gun control", "common sense gun safety legislation".

I know. No one asked me about anything, so the same guy or gal that did his budget must have had a hand in the count. Just more fuzzy math to make his agenda look better.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Sponsored Links