Gun Safety

This is a discussion on Gun Safety within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is this gun safety: Education and Training|Education and Training Or is this gun safety: Now is the time | The White House Obama on gun ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dandyone

Thread: Gun Safety

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar

Gun Safety

Is this gun safety:
    Education and Training|Education and Training

Or is this gun safety:
    Now is the time | The White House
    Obama on gun safety: U.S. needs more data on guns | Marketplace.org
    House Democrats suggest 15-point gun safety plan - CBS News

Remember the debate over the definition of the word "is"? Changing the verbiage or definition of language is a progressive argument. Do they think I'm so stupid I can't keep up with the conversation and their semantic slight of hand?

So what is gun safety? You decide.

2. Remove Ads

My definition of gun safety is keeping one safe and secure on my side, and protecting my future guns from the grabbers.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    KyBill likes this.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    This is a deliberate response to data that shows the term "gun control" is a pejorative that people do not support. It is an attempt to rephrase the discussion. The reasons for doing so include: to generate better polling numbers, e.g. do you support gun safety or gun control?, and to better appeal to those really are disinterested in guns but believe in supporting people's rights. The new speak isn't targeted at gun owners and 2A rights supporters.

One big danger is that people are getting information that is filtered according to their own perceptions and even search engines like Google are deliberately feeding this by giving you thing that the algorithms say you should like based upon other queries you've made. Hence someone like my mother who leans left and otherwise has ZERO interest in guns gets spoon fed a lot of the "gun safety" crap such as this: America Under the Gun | Center for American Progress and probably wouldn't see anything from non Progressive sources in her search results.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Center for A.P. is a very dangerous organization.

They all think we are knuckle draggers..
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Gun safety = treat every gun as if it is loaded, never point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot, know your target and what is beyond. Oh, and don't muzzle me at the range or there'll be a bit of hell to pay
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Well stated!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

This was one of the changes that Biden outlined about their new plan on NPR a few weeks ago. It's about marketing more than making a difference. Most people's "knowledge" is based on soundbites and pithy phrases. They are easily manipulated, and tying the message to something emotional just makes it more tangible. It's shameless but effective.

Links