Evil Has Prevailed, and It Is The NRA's Fault

This is a discussion on Evil Has Prevailed, and It Is The NRA's Fault within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; At least, that is how the other side would like to portray it: How the NRA won...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By sparkykb

Thread: Evil Has Prevailed, and It Is The NRA's Fault

VIP Member

Evil Has Prevailed, and It Is The NRA's Fault

At least, that is how the other side would like to portray it:
    How the NRA won
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Well how dare the people speak up about what they want!! That is the politicians job is to tell the people what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    The brutal truth is that the 20 little kids who perished in Newtown in a terrifying massacre involving 154 rounds fired in 5 minutes was NOT enough to significantly move the dial on gun control. These kids are now (more) collateral damage in the decades-long political gun-control ballet involving lobbying money and the way American politics truly functions.
    The brutal truth: that the desire to eviscerate the Constitution is considered acceptable, even to the point of tossing dead kids into the faces of those demanding (a) that crime control be the focus, and (b) that it be within the limits of authority authorized by the Constitution.

Unsurprising the liberty-haters are upset. They should be ... but, upset at something else, something within.
    TX expat likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That article wasn't biased...at all.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

All I can say is: "The darned Liberals brought it upon themselves!!" If only the Democrats would forget their political party, and see the overall picture, the NRA and other gun organizations would not have to go to such drastic measures.

NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    When you can make up whatever suits you and ignore whatever doesn't fit within your set of wants, you get that sort of mentality.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Sadly, the truth doesn't seem to be relevant these days.
    ccw9mm likes this.

I gave up on yahoo over a decade ago. I can't read any of their articles without gagging.

in the grand scheme of the United States and our Constitution the death of 20 kids is pretty insignificant. It sounds cold but our rights as Americans should never be changed or destroyed based on riding waves of emotion. If that were the case we would have none left. If only the other side loved America for what it is instead of trying to constantly change it to suit their every whim, Constitution be damned.
    GunTrooper likes this.

Distinguished Member
    All this banter about "high capacity" and "rapid fire"...

From the article: "...a terrifying massacre involving 154 rounds fired in 5 minutes..."

Let's do the math on this... 300 seconds, 154 rounds... that's an average of one shot fired roughly every 2 seconds. (1.94805 shots per second for perfectionists)
    That's just about how fast I can accurately fire a bolt-action rifle.
    That's about half as fast as I can accurately fire a pump-action shotgun.
    With a pouch full of moon-clipped ammo and a 6-shot revolver I could easily maintain or exceed that rate of fire.

I'm sorry... I just don't see where using an AR with 30 rounds mags was in any way a measurable advantage to the criminals that are being held up as examples to us.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    All this banter about "high capacity" and "rapid fire"...

From the article: "...a terrifying massacre involving 154 rounds fired in 5 minutes..."

Let's do the math on this... 300 seconds, 154 rounds... that's an average of one shot fired roughly every 2 seconds. (1.94805 shots per second for perfectionists)
    That's just about how fast I can accurately fire a bolt-action rifle.
    That's about half as fast as I can accurately fire a pump-action shotgun.
    With a pouch full of moon-clipped ammo and a 6-shot revolver I could easily maintain or exceed that rate of fire.

I'm sorry... I just don't see where using an AR with 30 rounds mags was in any way a measurable advantage to the criminals that are being held up as examples to us.

Add to that, the Columbine massacre was perpetrated primarily with a weapon designed to pass the then existing AWB with only 10 round mags.... MAG CAPACITY has nothing to do with it.... nor does the furniture on the action and barrel. Nut cases are nut cases and criminals are criminals. They will find a way to do their deeds with whatever is at hand.

Reminds me of an old book I read about gang warfare... the title was Durango Street. IIRC, the leader of the gang wanted the gangbangers to use chunks of garden hose without sand in them. Because using sand made the hose a deadly weapon. Or, draining the sand, disguised the fact that they were using deadly weapons... I can't recall with certainty. But the fact is, there's a way around every law. Aside from just ignoring it. Though, that's the usual method.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

I get a little tired of reading about "mainstream public opinion" and "90 percent of people think..." I'm sure at some point in everyone's childhood, their mother said that just because the other kid did it, that doesn't make it right. So what's the deal, now that we're adults that doesn't hold true anymore? 9 out of 10 Americans think we should all drink our coffee black. Okay then. I guess we need to pass a bill and enact legislation and ban sugar in coffee right. That's what mainstream America want's right? What they don't understand is that we are not a true democracy. A true democracy has representatives that speak for their people. Everything is put to vote and the majority rules. We live in a Constitutional Republic. We still have those representatives that we hope will serve us justly. The difference is that they have to serve us with the limit's that our constitution has set forth for them and us.

The 13th amendment to the constitution outlaws slavery except as punishment for a crime. So if 9 out of 10 Americans wrote their representatives and asked that they pass bills and laws to make that legal, would that be acceptable? Maybe we could just change it a little. Maybe if we were allowed to each only own just one slave. Of course it's not acceptable! It is spelled out in the constitution (and it's wrong!) and we must be governed as such. So what's the deal with the 2nd amendment? By it's nature, it is unconstitutional to defy it. But this one is taken one step further and states that this right may not be infringed upon. And people still think it's okay to limit it, and construe it, and twist it to fit their agenda and react to mainstream America's emotional state at that particular time. And then when a group like the NRA stands up for it they are the enemy. I commend them and I'm glad their voice carries the weight it does.

Okay, sorry for my little rant. Thanks for listening.

Thank you NRA!

VIP Member
    I saw that hack job of a story. Look at the comments below the story. Most people who commented feel the same way we do.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

People, the NRA didn't do this. We did, with all of the letters,phone calls and emails. The NRA helped, but this can be chalked up to the MAJORITY of Americans speaking out against gun control....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Links