More Evidence of the "Antis" Ignorance (and callousness)

This is a discussion on More Evidence of the "Antis" Ignorance (and callousness) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In an odd display of ignorance during a Denver Post forum on gun control, CO Rep. Diana DeGette (D) didn’t seem to understand the obvious ...

Thread: More Evidence of the "Antis" Ignorance (and callousness)

More Evidence of the "Antis" Ignorance (and callousness)

In an odd display of ignorance during a Denver Post forum on gun control, CO Rep. Diana DeGette (D) didn’t seem to understand the obvious basics of how firearms work, all the while being a lead sponsor on a federal ban of high-capacity magazines. As you can see in the video above, the Congresswomen seems to think magazines and ammunition are somehow one and the same and that after their initial use will no longer exist.

“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

Rep. Diana DeGette appears not to understand how guns work

And THEN:

DeGette wasn’t done there though. Responding to a senior citizen's question about what he is to do now that he is at a disadvantage for having to change magazines, DeGette stated with a condescending smirk, “The good news for you, you live in Denver. The [Denver Police Department] would be there within minutes. You’d probably be dead anyway.”

2. Remove Ads

I think I have seen this before...

The frustrating thing is how do we counter that sort of ignorance! And apparently enough people voted for her to get where she is, doesn't say much for the voters there huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I think I have seen this before...
    Ooops, you're correct. Sorry about that.

Links