Fire Mission: NOVA & Maryland residents

This is a discussion on Fire Mission: NOVA & Maryland residents within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Request you write your County's Board of supervisors if you are in Virginia: Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax, Fairfax County, Falls Church, Loudoun County, Manassas, Manassas ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ctr

Thread: Fire Mission: NOVA & Maryland residents

Exclamation Fire Mission: NOVA & Maryland residents

Request you write your County's Board of supervisors if you are in Virginia: Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax, Fairfax County, Falls Church, Loudoun County, Manassas, Manassas Park
    Prince William County or Maryland: Bowie, Charles County, College Park, Frederick, Frederick County, Gaithersburg, Greenbelt, Montgomery County, Prince George's County, Rockville, Takoma Park and request they stop funding the Washington Metropolitan Counsel of Governments for their unconstitutional, anti-Second Amendment stance. Google your county or its Board of Supervisors,
    Fairfax Board of Supervisors is Sharon Bulova: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/gov/bo...c_feedback.asp

Suggested message:
    Request you stop funding the Metropolitan Washington Counsel of Governments for their unconstitutional, anti-Second Amendment stance. The proposed Gun Control stance will do nothing to curb Gun violence, will punish law-abiding citizens, and may abet violence and crime by disarming law-abiding citizens.

References:

Law enforcement says gun restrictions are ineffective: Survey
    By Andrea Noble, The Washington Times, Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Police Survey at: Policeone.com
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I hope the representatives listen, but I don't have much hope for uber Liberal NOVA.

We're ex-pats from Falls Church/Fairfax. Got out 10 years ago and haven't looked back.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

If Northern VA wants Maryland's Government, We in Hampton Roads would be more than happy to let them leave VA and join Maryland.
    The Washington outskirts are killing this great Commonwealth.

Here is Sharon Bulova's (D-Fairfax & Fairfax Board of Supervisors Chairwoman) Response.

Dear XXXXXXXXX:

Thank you for your email regarding the Metropolitan Washington Council of Government's (COG) recent action regarding gun violence. As you know, last month the COG Board voted to support the position of the International Association of Chiefs of Police on reducing gun violence.

During debate on the motion, I moved a substitute which would have referred the issue to several COG Committees that I thought could best give this matter more thought and discussion. The Council of Governments' hallmark is its ability to bring regional issues to the table for thoughtful, deliberate consideration, and hopefully consensus. Unfortunately, my substitute failed on a tie vote.

I did vote in favor of the main motion however, which expresses support for the position of the IACP. Parliamentary procedure allows someone voting affirmatively on the prevailing side to request reconsideration of the vote, which is something that I plan to do at the next COG Board of Directors' meeting later this month.

The Council of Governments often deals with public safety issues. It cannot, however, mandate changes in local, state or federal law. As you have pointed out, gun control is a state and federal responsibility. This issue right now is playing out in the federal arena and I am hopeful that when we revisit our vote later this month, we will be able to provide the kind of thoughtful regional forum that the issue requires.

I firmly believe in the work the COG does. The Metropolitan Washington region shares many challenges, especially in the areas of transportation, air quality, housing and human services. Elected officials who are members of COG do not agree on everything, but working together we have been able to address many of the struggles we share across our borders. Hopefully we'll be able to bring this approach to the issues associated with gun violence and safety, mental health and safety within our schools.

Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,
    Sharon Bulova
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Here is Sharon Bulova's (D-Fairfax & Fairfax Board of Supervisors Chairwoman) Response.

Dear XXXXXXXXX:

Thank you for your email regarding the Metropolitan Washington Council of Government's (COG) recent action regarding gun violence. As you know, last month the COG Board voted to support the position of the International Association of Chiefs of Police on reducing gun violence.

During debate on the motion, I moved a substitute which would have referred the issue to several COG Committees that I thought could best give this matter more thought and discussion. The Council of Governments' hallmark is its ability to bring regional issues to the table for thoughtful, deliberate consideration, and hopefully consensus. Unfortunately, my substitute failed on a tie vote.

I did vote in favor of the main motion however, which expresses support for the position of the IACP. Parliamentary procedure allows someone voting affirmatively on the prevailing side to request reconsideration of the vote, which is something that I plan to do at the next COG Board of Directors' meeting later this month.

The Council of Governments often deals with public safety issues. It cannot, however, mandate changes in local, state or federal law. As you have pointed out, gun control is a state and federal responsibility. This issue right now is playing out in the federal arena and I am hopeful that when we revisit our vote later this month, we will be able to provide the kind of thoughtful regional forum that the issue requires.

I firmly believe in the work the COG does. The Metropolitan Washington region shares many challenges, especially in the areas of transportation, air quality, housing and human services. Elected officials who are members of COG do not agree on everything, but working together we have been able to address many of the struggles we share across our borders. Hopefully we'll be able to bring this approach to the issues associated with gun violence and safety, mental health and safety within our schools.

Thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,
    Sharon Bulova
    She sure did use a lot of words to say no.
    heatherr855 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    She sure did use a lot of words to say no.
    If you can't tell the truth,
    Try baffling them with bovine excrement!
    Anonymous

In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

COG retracts gun control policy, sends to committee for more studyCOG retracts gun control policy, sends to committee for more study.
    COG retracts gun control policy, sends to committee for more study - The Washington Post

Links