And another is leaving Connecticut

This is a discussion on And another is leaving Connecticut within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun Manufacturer Will Leave Connecticut Over Gun Control Legislation: ?A Call to All Involved in Our Industry to Leave This State? | TheBlaze.com...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By RightsEroding
  • 3 Post By bigmacque
  • 3 Post By thephanatik

Thread: And another is leaving Connecticut

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    I would love to see it.

PTR makes a great H&K 91 copy.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I hope more follow...
    jem102 and Eagleks like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Yep...Just read STAG Arms is packing up. Love it..Love it..Love it...
    Connecticut gun-maker to leave state over new laws | Fox News

See? The constitution (IS) a living, breathing instrument..I can hear it saying to all those non-thinking liberals in Conn,

"How do you like me now?"
    84160 and thephanatik like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The current politico's in Connecticut have failed their history lessons, not understanding the depth and breadth of Connecticut's history with weapons and the 2A. Failure to pay attention to that history is costing them dearly. I don't like that regular folks are losing jobs because of these changes, but maybe those losses will be reflected at the polls.
    Bobbj22, shooterX and jem102 like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Good for them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    The current politico's in Connecticut have failed their history lessons, not understanding the depth and breadth of Connecticut's history with weapons and the 2A. Failure to pay attention to that history is costing them dearly. I don't like that regular folks are losing jobs because of these changes, but maybe those losses will be reflected at the polls.
    "Regular folks" can pack up an leave too. It may not be easy but they can follow their jobs to other states with less restriction.

I know it would be hard to leave behind family and friends. It's all a matter of priorities. A line has to be drawn in the minds of every free man/woman. Beyond this point, I vote with my feet.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    "Regular folks" can pack up an leave too. It may not be easy but they can follow their jobs to other states with less restriction.

I know it would be hard to leave behind family and friends. It's all a matter of priorities. A line has to be drawn in the minds of every free man/woman. Beyond this point, I vote with my feet.
    This is true, and I hope that many current loyal employees are allowed to do just that -- follow the company to wherever they land and keep their job.

There will be some losses though; inevitably there are spouses working for the company that is leaving that are not the primary bread winner for their family, and the other spouse's job is not going anywhere. So that leaves one on the outside looking for a job.

I hope your scenario is more the norm and fewer people are affected by this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

From PTRs website:

"We are pleased to say that we currently have commitments to move from a majority of our employees, which includes ALL of our management personnel, engineering staff and skilled gunsmiths."
    phreddy, jem102 and Ghost1958 like this.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    This is not the first time that the state law makers caused a mass exodus of manufacturing companies. The anti business local and state governments were the main reason in the 1960's for Fafnir Bearing, New Departure, Stanley, Landers, Ferry and Clark and others to relocate out of the state, some even out of the country. The loss of PTR and Stag will also be a major loss for their local suppliers and support companies that I am sure will force reductions in their work force. The loss of the companies in the 60's was a major impact on the local economy and work force, most were located in New Britain. It would be great to see the five or six other companies in New Britain that produce guns and/or accessories make an announcement of their possible departure.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I know some great real estate for them right off of I-10 in the Houston area. We would be a perfect home for them (if you don't mind a hurricane every now and then).
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

I hope more follow...
    Amen. I do too.

Surprise ......
    The move by PTR may surprise some lawmakers, like U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), who haven’t been taking gun makers’ threats seriously.

“Gun manufacturers are like other businesses in looking for the highest quality workforce, the best business environment in terms of transportation and taxes and other features unrelated to any regulatory action,” Blumenthal said in an interview last week.

“Their markets are national. What happens in Connecticut affects only purchases here,” he added.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Nice spots in Ky and no hurricanes LOL
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Links