Right NOW on Cspan Senate discussion on gun bills

This is a discussion on Right NOW on Cspan Senate discussion on gun bills within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; link: Senate to Vote at 11am to Proceed to Gun Control Legislation | C-SPAN Vote to move forward at 11 a.m. ET...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Right NOW on Cspan Senate discussion on gun bills

Right NOW on Cspan Senate discussion on gun bills

All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I wonder how this fits in to the "right to bear arms SHALL not be infringed?

Or do our legislators even care about that anymore?
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

We can only hope and pray that it is stopped and killed right there and does not go forward. God Bless

Distinguished Member
    Our legislators have proven time and again that they either don't understand the constitution (being the useful idiots that many of them are) or they see it as a nuisance to to be worked around.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

68-31 the Bill goes forward

Yup......get ready to live like we do here in NJ...............Geeezzzz.
    Your watching the decline of your 2A rights.....Live.....guess flying in the parents of Newtown worked.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    But it still has to pass the House, right? I don't think it's any surprise that it got past the heavily left-leaning Senate.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

Hell no they don't.

They'll infringe on every single right we have until we push back.

The system is corrupted. The gov't has a game plan and everything we see taking place is already scripted.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    HotGuns likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    But it still has to pass the House, right? I don't think it's any surprise that it got past the heavily left-leaning Senate.
    68 yeas. Dems are just over half. Lots of repubs went with this.

In every poll close to 90% of the country wanted this. In this case the politicians are representing the people.

We saw this coming. I said this in a post a long while ago, and suggested we get something for it. I suggested national reciprocity as an example. Or pick something.

Now it's just less.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Senior Moderator
    In every poll close to 90% of the country wanted this. In this case the politicians are representing the people.
    Was everyone in the country polled? I wasnt. I dont know of anyone that wants it.
    Polls are for liars.
    thephanatik and zacii like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Well, it's time to review votes and take names.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Was everyone in the country polled? I wasnt. I dont know of anyone that wants it.
    Polls are for liars.
    When you get numbers like 90,it's pretty darn accurate.

Sent using Tapatalk.

all they see is "well regulated" and twist that around to make it mean they have to regulate it.
    Rule #1. Cardio
    Rule #2. Double Tap

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    It still has to pass the Senate.

All this one was is a procedural vote or a first vote of a traditional three votes to pass a bill through the senate. IIRC it takes three readings and three votes on the full floor to pass any bill. I do not know for certain if this one counts as the first one of those or not. So what happens now is a full debate with chances for amendments and such. Then a final two votes (or three?) on the final and amended version to pass it.

Then, yes, it goes on to the House. Where it could be amended again... passed or... just die.

its a long way to being passed as it stands.

What some of our Republican Senators (McCain and my Senator Lindsey Graham for example) are gambling on is that they will neuter any things in the Bill during debate and amendment that might harm us and yet come off looking good by doing something at the same time. What they are doing is "symbolism" and somewhat dangerous by letting a fuse stay lit.

Quote Originally Posted by boatman View Post
    When you get numbers like 90,it's pretty darn accurate.

Sent using Tapatalk.
    Yea.. but the devil is in the details. What sane person would not say yes to a question like "don't you want to save the children?".. its all in how the survey is written. There are plenty of OTHER surveys that show a more split opinion when the wording is more neutral and more fair. I think everyone wishes that the states had gotten off their asses and submitted more names to NICS rather than keep them in state. And that there were more teeth to the already existing law requiring that. But not many responding to the poll are explained that before they are asked if they support UBC's. They assume there are large loopholes by lack of laws. They don't realize that there are loopholes existing simply because of lack of enforcement,teeth of existing laws. And if you lie and say people can buy guns off the internet and or at all guns shows without background checks without explaining the nuances of that then your going to extract a totally different response to a oversimplified question about a complex subject.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links